Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Releasing CDs on 9/11

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeverNeverland
    started a topic Releasing CDs on 9/11

Releasing CDs on 9/11

I was looking at this week's Entertainment Weekly, and there's a little article about how for the first time since 9/11, "major recording acts" are releasing new albums. This is the first time 9/11 has fallen on a Tuesday since 2001.

Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't see why this is an issue? Is there no way that you can't observe and remember and yet still buy a CD? Does that in same was take away from the tragedy? I can't even imagine how the two are connected.

All the article says is "Instead of observing the event by abstaining from new offerings" several artists have "claimed it as their own." (I don't like how that's worded) but it's yet to be seen if the public will buy the CDs on that date.

Well, I'll tell you this - I was already planning on getting Kenny Chesney's new CD on the day it's released (didn't know the date) but because of this article, I DEFINITELY will. I can remember 9/11 and then listen to music to uplift me and remind me of life.

Is there something in this that I'm not getting?

• MollyTrolly
    replied
    Re: Releasing CDs on 9/11

Many artists (or their record company strategists I guess) plan releases around other artists, tour dates etc, and there are only so many Tuesdays in the year. I don't see an issue with an artist releasing a CD on 9/11 nor on buying them. We have friends going to AIC at the Santa Barbara Bowl that day, we opted to stay home with our kids.

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Hasn't 9/11 fallen on a Friday? They released new movies then.

What is the point of this story?
    Just for the record, 9/11 hasn't fallen on a Friday since 2001...courtesy of the 2004 "leap year".

But the point remains well taken.

For most of us, the best way to honor the memory of that horrible day is to live our lives to the fullest.

And never, ever forget.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• Bubbadunne
    replied

I wonder just how many of u would reject to going to the park on 9/11 let alone buying a CD.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

Agreed, kibilicious!

Leave a comment:

• kirbilicious
    replied

This is a bit ridiculous. Yes, what happened on 9/11 was a terrible thing and it was one of the worst days in this country's history, but I don't see the need to cease to live a normal life on the anniversary of this day. Releasing or buying a CD on 9/11 is in no way disrespect.

Leave a comment:

• Alice's Wonderland
    replied

Originally posted by CUatDL View Post
    I prefer not to have anything significant in my life associatied with 9/11. The day has too many very painful memories for me to want to put anything else fo importance on that day. That said, if I were releasing a CD (I'm not an artist) I really would not want it released on 9/11. Just my personal preference, I prefer to just let the day pass.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    I agree. If you didn't know anyone then I wouldn't see the big deal. However I personally keep it as a day of rememberance. I won't buy anything on 9/11.

Leave a comment:

• CUatDL
    replied

I prefer not to have anything significant in my life associatied with 9/11. The day has too many very painful memories for me to want to put anything else fo importance on that day. That said, if I were releasing a CD (I'm not an artist) I really would not want it released on 9/11. Just my personal preference, I prefer to just let the day pass.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

MOD NOTE

Off-Topic posts have been moved.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74361
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 08-14-2007, 06:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

Yeah, and Season Two of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is set to be releasd that same day.

I see nothing else significant about the date,

Leave a comment:

• mainstreetcm
    replied

Someday the media will go back to reporting real news -- someday...

Leave a comment:

• cal4iri
    replied

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I agree. Slow news day. I'll be buying one of those CD's that come out on 9/11 - Kanye West. Anyone hear that 50Cent will retire from being a rapper if Kanye's CD beats out 50Cent's CD (both are out on the 11th). If only that were actually true. :whistling I prefer Kanye over 50Cent any day!
    Ditto That!

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Hasn't 9/11 fallen on a Friday? They released new movies then.

What is the point of this story?

Leave a comment:

• Experiment626
    replied

I agree. Slow news day. I'll be buying one of those CD's that come out on 9/11 - Kanye West. Anyone hear that 50Cent will retire from being a rapper if Kanye's CD beats out 50Cent's CD (both are out on the 11th). If only that were actually true. :whistling I prefer Kanye over 50Cent any day!

Leave a comment:

• disneytim
    replied

New DVD's are also released on Tuesdays. Disney/BVHE is releasing Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Third Season on 9/11/07.

I don't get what the big deal's all about.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X