This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rowling outs Dumbledore

Lol...certainly adds a whole new tone to the books!

Comment

Hilarious!! Love the Voldy quote and the bit about Gandalf.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Strue View Post
        Lol...certainly adds a whole new tone to the books!
        Actually I disagree...Many have stated here (me one of them) that this after it's all said and done announcement does not change the books or the character for me. I think most would agree, as it seems to be the general consensus on this thread.

It adds a new tone to comedy and snips on the Harry Potter fandom to be sure, but I don't see the toe of the books changing.

Comment

It gives me a better insight to the character and what his rationale might have been for his actions. But it changes nothing about the book for me.

Neither does the fact that she also announced the Neville married Hannah Abbott.

But I love these characters and they have become real to me. So any additional tidbits will be welcomed by me.

Comment

Awww, Neville and Hannah Abbott?? :love: Perfect.

Comment

Sorry, one last comment and then I'm done posting. I'm not a real HP freak (although I thought books 1 & 3 were good) and thought the last few books were long winded and meandering. (Like the hallows plotline--what was the point of that? Totally slowed the book down.) But here's the thing: Now that Dumbledore is gay

--and not a pedophile, I'll make a point of that--

I don't catch how that makes the late-night meetings with Harry not ookie. If Dumbledore was a straight, nice old guy, instead of being a gay, nice old guy, would everyone be okay with him having late-night solo meetings with Lavender Brown, or Hermione Granger? That's ookie to me!

Disagree with me, I'm cool with that. I think I'm done posting on this topic, though.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Strue View Post
                Disagree with me, I'm cool with that. I think I'm done posting on this topic, though.
                I love when folks throw out some bit of silly tripe and then announce they are done posting so that they have relieved themselves of having to answer or actually debate their point.

In the context of the books (which you admit you are not a "freak" for whatever that means) and the events that took place I would have to say that gay or straight, late night meetings with Granger or any other student would not seem "ookie."

You are quick to deny you think Dumbledor being gay makes him a pedephile yet knowing he is gay makes late night meetings with Harry "ookie." you can't have it both ways. Why would it creep you out at all unless you thought somewhere in your head that Dumbledor's motives for the meetings are something other than the reasons we were given in the book? Don't worry, you don't have to answer that-you are "done" posting after all.

Comment

http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo...bledore_is_gay

Rowling: 'Dumbledore Is Gay'

At a public appearance at Carnegie Hall in New York, author J.K. Rowling announced that Dumbledore, the headmaster character in her popular Harry Potter series, is homosexual. What do you think?

Larry Hahn,
                  Water Delivery Man
                  "Wow. I haven't heard that. I've been really busy lately not caring about the sexual preferences of fictional people."

Cathy Grodin,
                  Fundraiser
                  "Dumbledore? I always figured the gay ones were Harry, Draco Malfoy, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Dudley Dursely, Ptolemy, Morgana, and Professor Snape."

Ralph Draper,
                  Tow Truck Driver
                  "Hey, that wasn't supposed to come out yet. Incloseto putbacko!"
                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Nice BC.

Gotta love the onion!

Comment

wow just wow but in reality its just fiction no big deal. Oh snape being added to that list is hilarious lol. But poor dumbledore. He won't live much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post

Ahahah lol Harry's reaction is funny lol.

Comment

i am still trying to figure out why anyone cares...i mean look at daffy duck and elmer fudd...helllloooooo!?!?!?

so what, a character is gay...big whoop!
                          OLM!!!
                          There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                            wow just wow but in reality its just fiction no big deal. Oh snape being added to that list is hilarious lol. But poor dumbledore. He won't live much longer.
                            So many things about this post are confusing. But let me focus on the last sentence. Poor Dumbledore, he won't live much longer? Um...der.
                            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I mean he is going to die in the the final book As I looked at the spoilers.

Comment

6th book.
                                "But every night, when it gets dark
                                and the stars come out,
                                I'll look up on her behalf.
                                I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                                  I mean he is going to die in the the final book As I looked at the spoilers.
                                  Wow, you are really up on things aren't you? Here's another spoiler you might not be up to date on, Darth vader is Luke's father.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                                    Wow, you are really up on things aren't you? Here's another spoiler you might not be up to date on, Darth vader is Luke's father.
                                    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's IMPOSSIBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                                      i just ask "did we need to know?" not really....i mean the series is over, and if she didn't feel it importiant enough for the books, why tell us now? you know.
                                      Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post

noooooooooo!! lol.

Comment

• Re: Rowling outs Dumbledore

The Master!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X