This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: J.K. Finished New Book

It was revealed a little while ago that Amazon dot com purchased the book. They plan to take it on display to show the children. There is a post on Amazon that show high resolution pictures of the book and a video as well. They are NOT going to print it, as they do not have publishing rights. The money will go to charity. Looking at these pictures show just what a beautiful and magical book this is. A book made real from a book that it appeared in. I think this is wonderful. She really means that no more than the 7 copies made will ever appear in any form. I hope she keeps her word.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

www.amazon.com/beedlebard
      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

That gave me goosebumps!

Now, to wait, and hope I find one at a garage sale, tossed aside and forgotten. Look for me on the Antiques Roadshow!
        A signature should go here.

Comment

I looked through some of the messages on there and I'm a little perturbed.

Has there been *any* indication that someone is going to essentially betray JK Rowling's trust and print their copy of this gift?

Or any indication that she herself will allow a printing at some point? 'Cause a *lot* of people on amazon seem pretty darn confident in that fact. I just dont' see it happening.
          "But every night, when it gets dark
          and the stars come out,
          I'll look up on her behalf.
          I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Wow! That book is gorgeous!! Did she handwrite all 7 copies? What an amazing gift for the 6 who she gave it to.

Comment

Yes. Each of the 6 books was handwritten and all the artwork around the page edges was done by her. Each book has a different pewter design and jewel on the cover. No two books are alike. She had each book handbound in real leather as well. The 6 people she gave a book too are the 6 who helped her for the last 14 years get the Harry Potter books published. I hope they cherish these books as something unique and special. Notice that anyone handling these books wears white gloves. Now you know what the most expensive book in history looks like. Another record for Harry Potter.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Thanks Lost Boy. What an amazing gift! I am sure they will cherish them.

Comment

I understand she's doing it for her close friends and charity and that is amazing... but I'm still heartbroken that I'll never get to read the Tales of Beedle Bard. After Ron reeled off those titles I was hoping she'd do another charitable book like her "Quidditch Through the Ages" and "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" and all the proceeds would go to charity. That would be even better.
                  sigpic
                  I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Amazon has posted an outline of all 5 stories on the same site as linked to above. They did each story a day at a time, now all 5 have been posted. These are reviews and outlines of the stories, not the actual stories. Amazon does not get publishing rights for this book or the stories so they can't reprint them or publish a cheap copy. And I am pretty confident that the 6 people who have worked with her for 14 years to keep these books working and correct and everything else they did, are not going to do anything that would betray her trust in them. Ain't gonna happen.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

I was amazed and not a little proud of what JKR did with 'Tales Of Beedle The Bard'. The one copy, that was auctioned by Sotheby's, made quite a bit of "change" for 'Children's Voice', Ms Rowling's Charity Of Choice. This lady never ceases to amaze! You really should go, to Amazon.com, and read the "reviews"........they did Ms Rowling (and themselves) credit!
                      There are no small roles, only small actors!

Comment

I LOVE what Amazon has done!
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic