• Show
Clear All

• Idina Menzel: 'Beowulf', 'Enchanted' & 'I Stand'

Menzel Single "Brave" Hits iTunes;
    Tony Winner Also Featured on "Beowulf" Soundtrack

By Ernio Hernandez
    Playbill
    07 Nov 2007

Tony Award winner Idina Menzel offers fans a taste of her upcoming solo album with the release of the single, "Brave," now available at iTunes. The songstress also provides her vocals to the upcoming "Beowulf" soundtrack.
    Menzel's new album "I Stand" is scheduled to be released Jan. 29, 2008 by Warner Bros. Records. iTunes users currently have access to the track through the store link.

Eager fans can also hear the actress-singer on the "Beowulf" film soundtrack singing "A Hero Comes Home." The song was recorded with her "I Stand" producer Glen Ballard and will be available digitally Nov. 13 and released Nov. 20.
    Menzel earned her Tony for her work as Elphaba in the musical Wicked — a turn she reprised for the London run. The actress also created the role of Maureen in Rent and has been seen on the stage in The Wild Party, See What I Wanna See, Hair and a Funny Girl benefit concert.

Her screen credits include the films "Ask the Dust," "Rent," "Kissing Jessica Stein" and the upcoming "Enchanted" as well as television roles on "Rescue Me" and opposite her husband Taye Diggs on "Kevin Hill."
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112591.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Idina Menzel: 'Beowulf', 'Enchanted' & 'I Stand'

Track Listing Announced for Menzel's "I Stand"

By Andrew Gans
    Playbill
    03 Dec 2007

The latest solo recording from Tony Award winner Idina Menzel, who is currently featured in the top-grossing film "Enchanted," is scheduled to arrive in stores Jan. 29, 2008, on the Warner Bros. Records label.

The recording is currently available for presale by visiting amazon.com. The single CD has a list price of $18.98 but can be purchased on-line for $14.99.

The complete track listing for "I Stand" follows.

"I Stand"
    "Better to Have Loved"
    "Brave"
    "Gorgeous"
    "Where Do I Begin?"
    "Don’t Let Me Down"
    "I Feel Everything"
    "Forever"
    "Enemy"
    "Perfume and Roses"

Idina Menzel won a Tony Award for Leading Actress in a Musical for her work as Elphaba in Wicked; she also opened the London production of that hit musical. Menzel created the role of Maureen in the original Broadway company of Rent, and her other theatrical credits include the City Center Encores! production of Hair, the Manhattan Theatre Club The Wild Party, the Public Theater's See What I Wanna See and the benefit Funny Girl concert. Menzel's film credits include "Ask the Dust," "Rent" and "Enchanted."

Menzel can also be heard on the "Beowulf" soundtrack singing "A Hero Comes Home."
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/113199.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Jan 29, 2008

You can pick up a copy at your local record store or download it on iTunes. Also, you can still purchase the Limited Edition "I Stand" bundle while supplies last. This exclusive special edition features: an expanded 20 page photo booklet, two exclusive tracks, an Idina tote bag (quantities limited). The fan version is available online only for $29.99!
      http://www.idinamenzel.com/

Comment

Menzel Celebrates Release of "I Stand" With Virgin Megastore and "Today Show" Jan. 29

By Adam Hetrick
        and Andrew Gans
        Playbill
        29 Jan 2008

Idina Menzel

Idina Menzel celebrates the release of her solo album "I Stand" with appearances at the Times Square Virgin Megastore and on "The Today Show" Jan. 29.

Menzel, who earned a Tony Award for Wicked, performs on NBC's "Today Show" Jan. 29, followed by a 6:30 PM signing and performance at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square. Those who purchase Menzel's "I Stand" — beginning at 9 AM on Jan. 29 — will receive a wristband to attend the performance/signing.

The Tony-winning actress has also scheduled appearances on "Good Day LA" Feb. 7 and ABC's "The View" Feb. 13.
        http://www.playbill.com/news/article/114640.html

Comment

Gorgeous is a great song! I look forward to buying and hearing the rest of the album!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X