Clear All

• Zambello moves from 'The Little Mermaid' to 'Little House on the Prairie'

Little House on the Prairie Musical to Debut at the Guthrie;
    Zambello Directs

By Andrew Gans
    Playbill
    12 Nov 2007

Francesca Zambello

Little House on the Prairie, a new musical based on Laura Ingalls Wilder's popular "Little House on the Prairie" book series, will make its world premiere at the Guthrie's McGuire Proscenium Stage in summer 2008.

Little Mermaid's Francesca Zambello, who helmed an April 2007 workshop of the musical, will direct.

The creative team will also include Michelle Lynch (choreography), Kristen Blodgette (music director/supervisor), Adrianne Lobel (sets) and Martin Pakledinaz (costumes).
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112735.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Zambello moves from 'The Little Mermaid' to 'Little House on the Prairie'

Cool! So will all the male characters have 1970's hair-do's? )

Comment

Who's going to take over Mermaid? Hopefully this isn't a sign that the Little Mermaid is going to be cancelled soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
        Who's going to take over Mermaid? Hopefully this isn't a sign that the Little Mermaid is going to be cancelled soon.
        'TLM' has it's Opening Night on December 6th, its still in previews.

The 'LHOTP' production is planned for Summer '08.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post

Well I know that but if Little Mermaid is going to last until Summer 2008 (I sure hope it does) somebody is going to have to take the reigns of the show eventually.

Comment

Little House on the Prairie Musical to Debut at the Guthrie;
            Zambello Directs

By Andrew Gans
            Playbill
            12 Nov 2007

Francesca Zambello

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112735.html
            Huge fan of the books and the TV show...but cringing a bit at the thought of this. Hopefully, I will be proven wrong.
            Originally posted by migo
            I poop with joy!
            Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
              Well I know that but if Little Mermaid is going to last until Summer 2008 (I sure hope it does) somebody is going to have to take the reigns of the show eventually.
              She's the director. Once the show is up and running her job is pretty much done and she's free to move on to her next project.

Comment

Due to the recent Stagehands Strike 'The Little Mermaid' has rescheduled it's opening date to 1/10/08.
                http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ing-84523.html

Comment

Man, she's really on a roll! Let's hope she make it to see a opening night of The Little Mermaid.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X