This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Montana - I won tickets!

OMG, I just got off the phone with Mix 100.7 in Tampa, I won two tickets to see Hannah Montana on Nov. 19th! They called my daughters school and asked if she could come to the phone and had me tell her over the air that she won!

She was so cute, she got excited and the guidance counselor told her she could scream and she goes, "I don't want to hurt my moms ears." :lol:

Here is the seating chart, we are sitting in the block that says "Mix," I'm so excited for her right now, I need to come down off my happy high so I can do payroll. LOL

Re: Hannah Montana - I won tickets!

WOW! Congratulations. Have fun.

Comment

My condolences.

Comment

Have a great time...Wolfette is so jealous. I'd even enjoy her show I think.
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

So awesome Summer. You'll have a great time I'm sure.

Comment

Reminds me of MuppetVision 3D

"Why are you guys here?"

"We entered a contest...we lost!"
            What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Who is Hannah Montana? :lol:

Comment

My kids will be so jealous! I hope you guys have a great time!!
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by Xharryb View Post
                  My condolences.
                  Originally posted by Tui View Post
                  Reminds me of MuppetVision 3D

"Why are you guys here?"

"We entered a contest...we lost!"
                  LOL I considered wearing a pair of ear plugs to the concert, all those teenyboppers screaming at the top of their lungs.

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                  Who is Hannah Montana? :lol:
                  It's funny because the consulting guy asked me this question, I just looked at him and went, "You don't have any preteen or teenage children do you? :lol:

It appears that Jonas Brothers is opening for her, I definitely need the ear plugs. :lol:

Comment

Deffinitely go for the earplugs.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                      It appears that Jonas Brothers is opening for her, I definitely need the ear plugs. :lol:
                      Ooh, I'd go just to see the Jonas Brothers ... they're cute!

Comment

How exciting!!! I'm sure you guys will have a blast!

Comment

You listen to Mix 100.7? :blink:

Comment

WOW summer thats great

My daughters woudl die to see her.. CONGRATS to you and your daughter

Friends for life

Comment

wow summer way to go on the tickets...
                              Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                              Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                You listen to Mix 100.7? :blink:
                                Yeah, I like them, variety without being obnoxious and safe enough to listen to at work.

Why, what do you listen to?

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                                  Yeah, I like them, variety without being obnoxious and safe enough to listen to at work.

Why, what do you listen to?
                                  I honestly hate commercial radio these days, but if I do listen, it's on 101.5 The Point, 102.5 The Bone or 107.3 The Eagle.... and sometimes 97X.

I just have no respect for Mix 100.7 since they outright LIED to an in-studio guest right on the air back in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                    I honestly hate commercial radio these days, but if I do listen, it's on 101.5 The Point, 102.5 The Bone or 107.3 The Eagle.... and sometimes 97X.

I just have no respect for Mix 100.7 since they outright LIED to an in-studio guest right on the air back in 2001.
                                    Oh! I like Fisher and Boy in the morning, Phil got me hooked on them. Especially on days like today I avoid Mix only because they have psychic Andrea Thursdays.

She has so many roll your eyes moments. This woman calls in today and goes, "My husband and I are moving to California next year and we are both pursuing jobs in the movie industry. I financially and him artistically but I wanted to know how that would pan out." She goes, "Oh yes, I see your husband is very creative."

Well DUH, if he's an actor chances are he's very creative, even I could have pulled that out of thin air.

I'm curious though, what did they say on the air that made them liars? I have never heard of this situation so now you have me curious. LOL

Oh and I have all those stations programmed in my car, I tend to flip but Mix is my main station. :P

Comment

Man clings to 'Hannah Montana' statue to win concert tickets

By Kevork Djansezian, AP
                                      For the better part of six days, Jody Powell, 35,
                                      clung to a 12-foot statue of Hannah Montana in order to
                                      win concert tickets for his fiancee's 7-year-old daughter.

Hannah Montana for the better part of six days to win tickets to a sold-out concert by Miley Cyrus, star of the Disney Channel TV show. The concert will be held next week in Tampa.

"I'm ecstatic. It's like a dream come true," said Powell, holding four tickets to the show and a photo of his fiancee with her 7-year-old daughter, also named Hannah.

Twenty contestants started Nov. 8, placing a hand on the 400-pound statue in the parking lot of radio station WFLZ-FM, the contest's sponsor. They were allowed 12-minute breaks every three hours and got catered meals, but weren't allowed books, cellphones or iPods.

Powell was declared the winner Wednesday afternoon when the other remaining contestant, Lara Padgett, became distracted and let go.

"That sun really got to me today," said Padgett, who later was checked out at a hospital because she wasn't feeling well. "I took my hand off the fur-lined boot."

But the two had already made a deal. Powell gets the tickets, and Padgett will use the two backstage passes that are part of the prize package. They'll split a $5,000 cash prize.
                                      http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...terstitialskip
                                      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

What's funny about that story is I spoke with one of the guys who was working the event and he said that the other woman had already had 8 tickets to the event and was just doing it because she didn't have anything else to do.

I'm glad the guy got the tickets but I don't think he should have to share anything with that woman.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X