X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunnygirl
    rainy day girl
    • Apr 2005

Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished)

I'm reading The Doctor's Wife (not sure on the author). So far it's a really well written novel.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

• SciFi96
      missing the DisneyGallery
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by crazy go nuts View Post
      Just finished The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.
      Very good book.

I agree. Devil in the White City is the best book of the decade. But, I am a history teacher, so I may be biased.

I am currently reading Walts People Vol. 5 by Didier Ghez, most of you probably know that this great series is a must real for fans of Disney history.

I just finished If a Pirate I Must Be, which is an account of the life of Black Bart. I liked it. It debunks a lot of pirate myths, and tells how they really lived.

I'm getting ready to start Metropolis, which is a book set in NY around th eturn of the century. I figure I will like as I like the Caleb Carr books set around that time and place.
      Last edited by SciFi96; 11-20-2007, 07:59 AM. Reason: kant spell
      sigpic
      When attractions were original

Comment

• PrincessY
        Winter in Oceanside...
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
        I'm getting ready to start Metropolis, which is a book set in NY around th eturn of the century. I figure I will like as I like the Caleb Carr books set around that time and place.
        Sounds interesting! Was it written by Caleb Carr? Is it considered fiction?

Comment

• SciFi96
          missing the DisneyGallery
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
          Sounds interesting! Was it written by Caleb Carr? Is it considered fiction?
          It is fiction, but it isnt by Caleb Carr. It has a Carr feel to it. Are you into historical fiction?
          sigpic
          When attractions were original

Comment

• wolfy
            Still wants to be a cat!
            • Jan 2005

Just started "Wicked", boy what a difference from the play! Dark as they come!
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• lazyboy97O
              враг народа
              • Mar 2005

Yesterday, I started reading Nanny State: How Food Fascists, Teetotaling Do-Gooders, Priggish Moralists, and Other Boneheaded Bureaucrats Are Turning America into a Nation of Children by David Harsanyi. I think that subtitle is a small hint as to the content.

Comment

• PrincessY
                Winter in Oceanside...
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SciFi96 View Post
                Are you into historical fiction?
                One of my favorite genres!!

Comment

• CelestialImperium
                  Destroyer of Mallcore
                  • May 2007

Almost done with the God Delusion..amazing book 10/10

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

Comment

• 'Strue
                    T'zambezi makes me sneezy
                    • Jul 2005

Lol...it's true! I love the play. The book was...well...not quite the same...

Comment

• PrincessY
                      Winter in Oceanside...
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
                      Almost done with the God Delusion..
                      Okay... gotta know about this one. Title sounds like an anti religion book.

Comment

• kirbilicious
                        MiceChatter
                        • Feb 2007

I just started re-reading Marley and Me. I'm also kinda reading Marie Antoinette: The Journey. I started reading it about 10 months ago but I've stopped reading it so many times (sometimes for a few months) that I'm only about half way through it. It is very interesting and I like it but it's just difficult to really get into.

Comment

• kirbilicious
                          MiceChatter
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post

Love the play but the book is... umm... interesting. I really have no intention of reading it ever again.

Comment

• CelestialImperium
                            Destroyer of Mallcore
                            • May 2007

Okay... gotta know about this one. Title sounds like an anti religion book.
                            That's part of it but you make it sound so wrong ;p Also discusses how people can be moral without religion and plenty of other neat stuff.

Comment

• PrincessY
                              Winter in Oceanside...
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by CelestialImperium View Post
                              That's part of it but you make it sound so wrong ;p Also discusses how people can be moral without religion and plenty of other neat stuff.
                              That is why is sounded interesting to me. Morality without religion is kinda how I've lived my whole life. Didn't mean to make it sound wrong.

Comment

• CelestialImperium
                                Destroyer of Mallcore
                                • May 2007

That is why is sounded interesting to me. Morality without religion is kinda how I've lived my whole life. Didn't mean to make it sound wrong.
                                Right on

Next book I am going to start reading is I am America (and so can you!) By Stephen Colbert.

Comment

• Anders
                                  back to basics
                                  • Apr 2005

I'm almost done reading "Stick to Drawing Comics Monkey Brain!" it's by Scott Adams who does the Dilbert comic strip, but it has nothing to do with Dilbert. It's more like a Chuck Klostermann book. It's mostly Adams' blog entries, but it's hilarious. I highly recommend it if you like Chuck Klostermann.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

• jane2073
                                    She was sweet as a peach
                                    • Mar 2006

I just finished "Lean Mean Thirteen" the latest in Janet Evonovich's Stephanie Plum series. If you are familiar with the series-the book is more of the same but still fun.

I started "Peter and the Starcatchers" a year ago and still need to finish it.

I am also working my way through "The New Strong-willed Child" and "Potty-training Answer Book". I have a two year old.

Comment

• ni_teach
                                      Just this guy......
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by 'Strue View Post
                                      I love Terry Pratchett! I just finished "Masquerade" last night. I think it's one of the better ones. "Going Postal" is my favorite of all time. Is "Hogfather" any good? I heard they made that one into a movie.
                                      Terry Pratchett is a great author and while his books can be called Fantasy/Comedy they do tend to have a deeper message or philosophy

I agree that "Going Postal" is one of the best. I personally found "Small Gods" made me think the most. I'm currently reading "The Truth" which is how the news paper in the city got started.
                                      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

• Alice's Wonderland
                                        Directly directed
                                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jane2073 View Post

I started "Peter and the Starcatchers" a year ago and still need to finish it.
                                        I love Peter and the starcatchers! And I hate the story of Peter pan. I'll agree that it has a weird slow start but once it picks up, it really picks up, and the way they ended it, oh it was pretty good. Peter and the Secret of Rundoon is on my Christmas List.

I actually read 4 books over Thanksgiving, I was very impressed since I haven't been able to read much due to my workload this semester.

I read Mississippi Jack, book 5 in the bloody Jack series, pretty good
                                        All the tea in china, it got good reviews from Amazon.com and had the word tea in the title. I didn't like it
                                        Dragonwell Dead, the newest book in the Tea shop mysteries, which I love but this one was just okay
                                        The Dark is Rising- when I saw the preview I thought that that was not at all the way I remembered the book. I was right.

Comment

• wolfy
                                          Still wants to be a cat!
                                          • Jan 2005

The further I get into reading Wicked the darker it gets! How the heck did they base a musical on this book....does it happen to relate in anyway?
                                          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X