This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What book are you reading? (or just finished) [Merged Threads]

I started reading The Hard Way, another Jack Reacher novel, on the way to work this morning. I'm now 150 pages in and so far it's doing a great job of keeping me guessing.
    love is life

Comment

a tales of the twin cities its an interesting book but kinda challenging to read. still it is very entertaining and creepy at the same time. that dickens guy sure knows how to write well. ir is it? lol .still a good book though.

Comment

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. 19 pages to go...

Comment

Matched, Crossed and Reached. Finished the first two and halfway through the third. Really fun dystopian future story with a good plot and characters. I believe it has been optioned by Disney for a film series.

Incarceron and Saffique. Another really amazing dystopian future series. Such a unique story with things I have never read anywhere before. Quite an incredible adventure and one of my favorites.

Under the Never Sky
          . First in a series. Also very unique story with very well written characters.

I highly recommend all of these.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
            a tales of the twin cities its an interesting book but kinda challenging to read. still it is very entertaining and creepy at the same time. that dickens guy sure knows how to write well. ir is it? lol .still a good book though.
            Yes, I love Charles Dickens. I'm glad that you're enjoying it! I never actually finished reading the A Tale of Two Cities in its entirety, I should put that on my list of books to read during my winter break. A nice classic novel to cuddle up with next to the fireplace on a stormy day!

Comment

Originally posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
              Yes, I love Charles Dickens. I'm glad that you're enjoying it! I never actually finished reading the A Tale of Two Cities in its entirety, I should put that on my list of books to read during my winter break. A nice classic novel to cuddle up with next to the fireplace on a stormy day!
              yeah. i forgot how books are so fun to read

Comment

For Whom the Bell Tolls.

You wouldn't of though I should have read it in school back then. Of course maybe the sex and kept it out of the classrooms.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• Comment

Slaughter House 5.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Working with Walt: Interviews with Disney Artists by Don Peri. Within a 3 month period between summer to fall last year I got to go to Walt Disney's Barn, D23 Disney Studio & Archives tour, and the D23 Archives exhibit at the Reagan Library, so Walt has been on my mind a lot. I picked up this book at the Barn. It's one of the best things I've read about Walt. The best part is it's the straight dictation of the interview, so it's not filtered through the author's perspective, it give the direct perspective of the interviewee. I'm about halfway through it about to start the Herb Ryman interview.

From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives by Mark Cotta and Shinji Hata. Someone gave this to me 15 years ago. It's a coffee table paperback filled with photos of props and artwork from the films, not much text. I just visited the Indiana Jones exhibit at the Discovery Science Center a few weekends ago so I dug this book out of the garage last week to revisit it. I love it. Total geek book.
                      Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Now that my first round of midterms are done, I took the weekend to do some fun reading and checked out The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: A Century by the Sea. I'm really enjoying it so far--the boardwalk has a very interesting history. I wish that DCA would have incorporated some of the elements that I'm reading about in Paradise Pier.

Comment

"Harry Potter 7"just finished.I already read its all 1 to 6 series.One of my favorite books.Great book...love it!!!
                          Pool Covers

Comment

I have just finished reading Digital Fortress.

Comment

Working...
                            X