Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

All the best wishes for good luck and good health to Terry Pratchett.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the best wishes for good luck and good health to Terry Pratchett.

This sucks big time, but Terry Pratchett has early onset Alzheimer's.

http://www.paulkidby.com/news/index.html

From Terry:

AN EMBUGGERANCE Folks,

I would have liked to keep this one quiet for a little while, but because of upcoming conventions and of course the need to keep my publishers informed, it seems to me unfair to withhold the news. I have been diagnosed with a very rare form of early onset Alzheimer's, which lay behind this year's phantom "stroke".

We are taking it fairly philosophically down here and possibly with a mild optimism. For now work is continuing on the completion of Nation and the basic notes are already being laid down for Unseen Academicals. All other things being equal, I expect to meet most current and, as far as possible, future commitments but will discuss things with the various organisers. Frankly, I would prefer it if people kept things cheerful, because I think there's time for at least a few more books yet :o)

PS I would just like to draw attention to everyone reading the above that this should
    be interpreted as 'I am not dead'. I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as
    will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think - it's too soon to tell.
    I know it's a very human thing to say "Is there anything I can do", but in this case I
    would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Re: All the best wishes for good luck and good health to Terry Pratchett.

I read about this on Neil Gaiman's journal. Prachett has some time. I expect more good work from him.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X