X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any new music recommendations?

what up peeps?
    just curious on any artists or bands that you enjoy listening to that you might not think people know about. I always love listening to new stuff..so post them recommendations here!

I've been really digging this artist, Rachel McGoye. Not sure if many people have heard of her but I think she's awesome! i love her voice, its so soothing. check her out if you haven't heard of her. my favorite song it "Walk Away"
    "Good Things get better. I know they do."
    www.myspace.com/keatonsimons

Re: any new music recommendations?

Tegan and Sara- The Con
    Smoosh- She Like Electric
    Les Nubians- Pricesses Nubiennes
    Reeve Oliver- Touchtone Inferno
    Ozomatli- Don't Mess With the Dragon
    Beth Orton- Comfort of Strangers

--nick--
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Orson - Culture Vultures

Comment

New Favorites:

The Afters-Never Going Back to OK (with the breakout song "Myspace Girl")

and

Chuck Wicks-Starting Now (Check out "Stealing Cinderella"...such a cute song!)
        All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
        And kindergarten.
        :yea:

Comment

The Mary Onettes. Great swedish band with a classic Echo and The Bunnymen/New Order sound

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Right now I'm into ...

Yo-Yo Ma
            Tricky
            Massive Attack
            Damien Rice

Comment

Porcupine Tree

They are kind of a mix of, well, not sure. They are labeled "Progressive" and their recent few albums are. But their earlier albums were more electronic than their current albums which are definately more hard-rock.

Comment

The B-52's have a new single out on iTunes......"Funplex". Their complete album release will be 3/25 - also titled Funplex.

I downloaded the single to my iPod lastnight......and while I'm a devout B's fan and may be impartial, I loved it! Great tune...fun, upbeat and true to B's musical fashion!

Comment

Nicole Atkins & The Sea. Saw them on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson the other night and thought they were hauntingly infectious. http://www.myspace.com/nicoleatkins

Caught Coheed and Cambria on Jimmy Kimmel the other night, too. Brought back memories of the 80s. It was like good 80s metal with Geddy Lee-type vocals. Nice. They have an album called No World for Tomorrow.

Comment

Josh Groban. His stuff is different than the normal 'pop' fluff, but his voice...*sigh*
                    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

The Moldy Peaches- Anyone But You

--nick--
                      Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                        Porcupine Tree

They are kind of a mix of, well, not sure. They are labeled "Progressive" and their recent few albums are. But their earlier albums were more electronic than their current albums which are definately more hard-rock.
                        I have one of their albums. The BF gave it to me. He knows a couple guys in the band.

Comment

I recommend Rose Rossi. She is an amazing talent with a beautiful voice and memorizing lyrics. My favorite song is "Fade" and I think that if you're into female musical artists, she's one to add to your list of to check out.

I read that you're from the OC. Well she's gonna actually be playing not to far in Los Angeles at Whiskey A GoGo on Mar 17, so if you like what you hear.. I think you should stop by and see her live.

well.. give her a listen.. myspace.com/roserossi

Comment

how have I not found this thread before? It's right up my alley.

Check out my signature for artists that I think are worthy of a listen.
                            Hotel Cafe Junkie. That's me.
                            Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X