---------------------------------------

Re: Nintendo Introdcues Wii Motion Plus

just in time for the Star Wars lightsaber game thats coming soon =]
    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Awesome! Though it looks like I'll have to get a new Remote Glove to fit the accessory. I would assume you can connect the Wii Nunchuck through that as well.

Comment

Does this mean you have to be more accurate on things such as tennis? I'm screwed..

Comment

The glut of peripherals is becoming worrisome. Unless Nintendo pumps out SEVERAL key games to get good penetration of this accessory its doomed to the one-use pile of Nintendo accessories.

Nintendo needs to get good attach rates with peripherals to get other game makers to use them. Bundling it with all new purchases is one way to do so, but may be expensive.

Attachment sound interesting... but they really need to focus on their DLC model and getting a solid storage story!! Start supporting USB Drives, get a DRM model up, and stop making online such a PITA.

Comment

http://Livewire.ign.com has the press conference covering this new attachment (the only new attachment). It gives more detailed information to the Wii where your arm movement is and from the live conference it does it really really good, what ever you do the character does good. They showed it off with the new Wii Sports Resort coming in spring.
            Everybody's got a laughin' place-
            trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

I'm sold.
              Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

While this is nice to have, I can't help thinking of how suckered we all are into buying so many controller accessories for the Wii. Classic Controller ($20), nunchuck ($20), motion plus ($?), Wii wheel ($10?), sleeves, charger accessories.. For what you spend on adding another accessory, you could be purchasing games.
                I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
                  While this is nice to have, I can't help thinking of how suckered we all are into buying so many controller accessories for the Wii. Classic Controller ($20), nunchuck ($20), motion plus ($?), Wii wheel ($10?), sleeves, charger accessories.. For what you spend on adding another accessory, you could be purchasing games.
                  I agree with what you are saying, but the Wii Wheel, sleeves and charger accessories are all optional items. The sleeves you can get for free from Nintendo if your Wii didnt come with with them.
                  Out of the NIGHT....
                  When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
                  Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
                  ---------------------------------------

Comment

I always thought the Power Glove was going to be it for interactive hardware. Back then, everything having to do with Nintendo always had "power" in it somewhere. "Now you're playing with power" and all of such.

The Wii is BY FAR the best console to come out since the original PlayStation or Super Nintendo. It's really easy to use, deals with simple fun and is a blast to use either by yourself or with a group. There's no other console that offers the pure fun factor of the Wii.

Comment

I have to say that my thoughts on this are that it will NOT be an option peripheral. Everything else has more or less been optional in terms of Nintendo released peripherals. Developers should be clawing tooth and nail to use this on their games. It's a realization (finally) of what everyone wanted the wii-mote to do when they announced it way back when. Nintendo is supposedly even considering building the technology into future wii-motes (probably still upping the price, but so what?)

Comment

woohoo! i do so love the wii

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
                          I have to say that my thoughts on this are that it will NOT be an option peripheral. Everything else has more or less been optional in terms of Nintendo released peripherals. Developers should be clawing tooth and nail to use this on their games. It's a realization (finally) of what everyone wanted the wii-mote to do when they announced it way back when. Nintendo is supposedly even considering building the technology into future wii-motes (probably still upping the price, but so what?)
                          The problem is Nintendo didn't tell the Devs ahead of the announcement.. so they are all pissed about it.

Yes, Nintendo will probably build it into future remotes... but the problem still remains that your user base is split in functionality. For all intensive purposes, its still an 'option' because a large portion of your user base does not have it and have to buy it. Unless there is great traction for the peripheral - companies will be cautious to build their products around it.

Nintendo needs some monster pull titles that use it.. to get the traction in the market with the gamers who will buy the genres of future games that need this extra functionality.

Comment

Another peripheral? Why did Ninty just have this built in?

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana_James View Post
                              Another peripheral? Why did Ninty just have this built in?
                              This seems to be Nintendo's business model.
                              1. Make a very inexpensive console without any extras.
                              2. Don't send out very many so as to keep a demand up for years.
                              3. For nearly every game, create a new peripheral that is either required or else suggested.
                              4. Sell sell sell.
                              5. Roll in big pile of gold coins ala Scrooge Mc Duck and then release another simplistic game featuring Mario or Mii characters.

I was super excited about the Wii and now I feel like a sucker for buying one.
                              St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro825 View Post
                                I agree with what you are saying, but the Wii Wheel, sleeves and charger accessories are all optional items. The sleeves you can get for free from Nintendo if your Wii didnt come with with them.
                                How do I get the free sleeves?

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                                  go to Nintendo's website and give them the serial number of your wii. you get 4 for free.

and i r saddened. the Lightsaber game doesnt use it.

seriously, how could it not? these were made for echother
                                  PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                                  Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                                  3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                                    goto www.nintendo.com and goto the Wii page. its right there. Just put in your serial number and how many you need (up to 4)

Looks like it got moved around a bit

here's a direct link
                                    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jac...ketrequest.jsp

Comment

Working...
                                    X