This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $400 80GB PS3 coming

The hard drive size thing is a bit of a gimmick IMHO. The Ps3 comes with a regular SATA drive. There's instructions in the manual about how to pop in a bigger drive.

I just purchased a 320GB Western Digital SATA drive for $65 at Fry's the other day for some extra computer storage.

So seriously, just upping the storage capacity seems gimmicky. (Granted, more is better in this case, but still...)
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

It's not gimicky if you're trying to make it look like you lowered the price on the original 80 to $400...
      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
        So seriously, just upping the storage capacity seems gimmicky. (Granted, more is better in this case, but still...)
        Yes, but sometimes such changes are pushed by production... getting 40gig drives can become more expensive as they become less mainstream.

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
        It's not gimicky if you're trying to make it look like you lowered the price on the original 80 to $400...
        Yes, this point has some merit I think.. but the more perplexing thing is the lack of story around the 80gig model's replacement..

Comment

Working...
        X