Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

PSP 2.00 Is Here! (finally...)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP 2.00 Is Here! (finally...)

Tonight at midnight, U.S. PSP owners were able to download firmware 2.00 for U.S. PSP's. Sony has delayed the release several times, and the reasons why are still unknown. It is suspected that the delay was to tighte security and fix ay bugs found in the Japanese version.

The most significant portion of the 2.00 update is the official web browser. Yep, you can now surf the web from your PSP. Sites show up in a variety of different ways, depending on your settings. As of yet, flash is not yet supported, but Sony has hinted at releasing a new firmware update with flash support sometime in the future.

The web browser has all the features you'd expect, favorites, bookmarks, history, etc...

Typing as of yet sucks, but several companies are developing keyboards for the psp, so that should help quite a bit. I'll update more after I've played around with the update a little more... :yea: :roll:

Re: PSP 2.00 Is Here! (finally...)

What font is the PSP using? I like the look of it. lol
    -Monorail Man

Comment

I WANT A PSP! I want to be able to surf the web!

Everyone who has a PSP with internet is my worst enemy until they buy me one. :bash:

Just kidding
      "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man
        What font is the PSP using? I like the look of it. lol
        I'm not exactly sure what the name of the font is, but it's the only one on the PSP...

But yeah, websites look really good in it!

Comment

hey i got my psp internet to work!!! YAY

-Lauryn

Comment

Holy ****!!!!! That is so F-ing cool!!!!! I MUST have one!!!!! Was it hard to figure out the whole internet thing? What games do you have?

On a side note, I don't know if you bought a screen protector, but i bought a couple (even though I haven't bought my PSP yet) and gave one to a buddy, and it is amazing, you can't see it on there, but it blocks tons of glare. I did a google search on the best screen protectors and this company makes protectors for tons of specific products.

I am so jealous!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
              Holy ****!!!!! That is so F-ing cool!!!!! I MUST have one!!!!! Was it hard to figure out the whole internet thing? What games do you have?

On a side note, I don't know if you bought a screen protector, but i bought a couple (even though I haven't bought my PSP yet) and gave one to a buddy, and it is amazing, you can't see it on there, but it blocks tons of glare. I did a google search on the best screen protectors and this company makes protectors for tons of specific products.

I am so jealous!!!!!!!
              The internet is REALLY simple to use. The hardest part is setting up the connection. If you already know your router information, then it's a cinch.

As far as games, I have Ridge Racer and that's it. I'll probably be buying Lumines and Wipeout Pure because they're so much fun to play. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Burnout Legends are also titles that I'll probably be buying soon.

I have a Hori screen protector, and I agree, they're the best!

Comment

I have had the Japanese update since that came out, and since PSP is region-free, it works perfectly fine.

Comment

Sorry, I posted this question in a different thread, but this is probably the right place for it. Other then your PSP, do you need to pay for something to use the web feature? And where can you use it? Like at Starbucks and other places where they have WiFi? Or is it like those hot spots?

Thanks!!

Comment

You dont have to pay seperately for the wireless internet and im pretty sure its good all over, not just hot spots. Mines worked everywhere ive went so far

-Lauryn

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
                      Sorry, I posted this question in a different thread, but this is probably the right place for it. Other then your PSP, do you need to pay for something to use the web feature? And where can you use it? Like at Starbucks and other places where they have WiFi? Or is it like those hot spots?

Thanks!!
                      You can use the PSP's Internet Browser anywhere with a wireless internet connection. Depending on who the WiFi service provider is, you may have to pay. I tried to connect at a Starbucks, but they have some sort of T-Mobile subscription plan. However, I connected to a variety of wireless connections down by the Pike in Long Beach.

Comment

What does everyone have as their wallpaper?

Mine is from a Penny Arcade comic from July. "Cake isn't naturally occurring."

Comment

I had some of the pictures that I took of Paradise Pier, but now it's an abstract image.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X