X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now that WotLK is out....

What do you all think?

We had our Sever First Level 80 yesterday....personally i think that's nutty. Those are the people that will now sit and complain that there's nothing to do for the next 18-24 months until the next xpac comes out.

I really like some of the new landscapes, the fire in the lanterns in Howling Fjord are my fave new thing so far, it looks fantastic given the elementary graphics that WoW is based in.

Bummer (to me) that the quests are the same formula as they've always been.

Death Knights are hideously OP, but they look so dang cool in their starting armour. I also really like their starting area, its a great palce to learn your DK.

Oh...and blowing almost 300g on my first trip to Northrend just to train all my skills (Tailoring, Mining, Cooking, First Aid)...BLARGH!!! i'm broke enough already, lol
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Re: So now that WotLK is out....

The DK's are cool (especially the whole starting zone/story), but after you're dumped back out into the normal world I kinda lost interest. Cause then it's back to the same old quests till you hit 70 and can go to Northrend.

Speaking of which, it's truly a beautiful zone. Walking the fjord I felt like I was in Braveheart, what with all the bagpipe music and scenery. I spent most of the weekend exploring the new zones (well, with the small exception of a very fun side detour to run Steam Vaults ), and while I did not make it to all the zones in NR out of the ones I saw, the fjord is my favorite.

I haven't tried any of the new instances yet but yeah, the quests are pretty much the standard fair, which is too bad cause if they were to do more of them like they did with the DK starting quests, it might make it more interesting.

Comment

i completely agree with you on the DK part after the starting area...my husband and i started a couple and did some of the starting quests...but i think i'd rather get to level 80, then do all the OL areas again. Would have been nice to have some additional OL level areas to spice it up a bit

and yeah, i completely love the bagpipes too! reminds me of Haunt (yeah i know....junkie, eheheh)
      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Comment

argh, why am i only lvl 26?! only 44 more to go til i can have fun in northrend =[
        PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
        Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
        3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

The first level 80 happened 27 hours after it came out in France. I have no idea what that means, but it was a big enough deal to blog it on Kotaku...
          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Hit 80 on sunday morning myself. Its good times tho Storm peaks is my favorite, I would suggest questing there when you're high enough level

And funny thing I was questing with some guildies in Grizzly Hills and they were like "Man this place reminds me of California Adventure"
            There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
            -Dr. Strange

Comment

Is it just me, or has the rogue become a worthless character now? We used to be one of the best DPS'ers in the game, but now even the pallys are doing more DPS than us. The DK's and druids can stealth (usually better than the rogues can now), multiple other characters can now sap, and it seems that the only thing that rogues can do now which other classes can't , is find traps.

Does anyone else on here play a rogue, if so what do you think?
              Growing older is manditory
              Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
                Hit 80 on sunday morning myself. Its good times tho Storm peaks is my favorite, I would suggest questing there when you're high enough level

And funny thing I was questing with some guildies in Grizzly Hills and they were like "Man this place reminds me of California Adventure"
                Why? Because there was no one around for miles?
                Growing older is manditory
                Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                  Why? Because there was no one around for miles?
                  Lol yes at the time that was true, but also it looks like a stylized version of northern california

Also since Braveheart was mentioned, the man who did the bagpipes for the ingame music also did the Bagpipes for Titanic and..Braveheart
                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

my rogue is almost level 72 now (i'm a slow leveler, heh) and i'm enjoying playing her solo PvE but i don't expect much in the way of instancing with her. i find myself getting into a LOT more instances with my priest healer, and i really love healing so its no big deal, but i really don't like questing with my priest because she's so squishy

my rogue used to be my main, but with there being so much ranged dps available i found myself not getting much action even pre-WotLK
                    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I just picked it up yesterday, amazingly my local Future Shop had a couple of the collector's editions so I shelled out the extra $45 for the exclusive in-game pet and what-not. Nice overall package, and not a bad value really.

I haven't played in a year. As I started, it didn't seem too intriguing. Go kill six of such and such creature? Collect a dozen of such and such drop? Maybe I shouldn't have bothered starting up again. Having played great games lately like Bioshock and Fable 2, WoW almost feels...tired.

And yet, just as before, I can easily sit there for hours and hours at a time clicking away. The addictiveness of this game is uncanny. Also nice to rejoin my guildmates.
                      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Some of the opening zones are more of the same but when you get in to later zones quests get interesting. Theres one in storm peaks where you fly around the tallest mountain on a dragon in a flying arena of sorts and you hop from dragon to dragon using a harpoon and killing the riders
                        -Dr. Strange

Comment

I like it so far. Unfortunantly, because of awful queue times and stupid guild crap and other misc. stupidity, I did the free transfer off Cenarius onto Dawnbringer. I'm happy.

I like DK's and the one I made on Cenarius didn't make the transfer, so I'm waiting for them to open up Dawnbringer again to being able to create new characters. Until then...I'm leveling my mage

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                            Is it just me, or has the rogue become a worthless character now? We used to be one of the best DPS'ers in the game, but now even the pallys are doing more DPS than us. The DK's and druids can stealth (usually better than the rogues can now), multiple other characters can now sap, and it seems that the only thing that rogues can do now which other classes can't , is find traps.

Does anyone else on here play a rogue, if so what do you think?
                            I have a tier 4 70 rogue on my server and it sucks when pallys with pvp gear can take you down. Oh the rogue...they still need us for lock picking unless their is a pally with blacksmith keys.. oh crap. As for now I will level my DK and kinda start all over.
                            Jason

Comment

Working...
                            X