• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brer Mole
    Berm Buster
    • Dec 2008

Re: Epic Mickey Looking More Real, More Amazing

I'm digging the Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor hybrid design. I liked how they used the top of the Phantom Manor onto the base of the New Orleans Haunted Mansion. It gives it almost a new look to it.

And from what I've heard, the storyline is something just along rebelling against Mickey or something absurd like that.

Comment

• Grimezy
      • May 2006

A dark version of "It's a Small World", can they make the ride any scarier?

I can't wait for this!

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
        Adventure First, Ad Last
        • Mar 2006

Can't wait for this game, I'm sure it will be one of the best Mickey games ever.
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• sir clinksalot
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
          In hindsight, the PS3 wasn't the system for me. Aside from KZ2 and GT5 (which still isn't out), there haven't been any exclusives I couldn't live without.

Add in the exclusive DLC that MS secures and the better graphics on the majority of multi-plats and I could have gotten away with a $170 BR player.
          I only paid $189 for my PS3, 2 games, extra controller, remote and 1 year warranty (between trading in the PS2 and $200 in gift cards I had). So I think I got a pretty good deal.

Plus, I don't have a 360 so the exclusive games don't mean much to me. There are plenty of multi-platform games that I can play. We'll be using it more for Blu-Ray than anything though.

Comment

• justjohn
            Mr. Faranheit
            • Jul 2006

Blu-Ray is what we use ours for almost exclusively as well.

I never mentioned exclusives for the 360. It's multi-plats that really affect me.

The multi-plats almost always look better on the 360 than the PS3. It's pretty common for the game to launch then get patched when people start complaining. Ghostbusters was the latest and the devs for Bayonetta have already said the PS3 version is going to look weak compared to the 360. This has been going on since the launch of the console.

The DLC for the multi-plats is another place where Sony shortchanges their customers. MS goes out and secures exclusive or timed exclusive DLC for the 360. Look at GTAIV, there are two episodes that never hit the PS3. Fallout 3 had a ton of DLC that took months to hit the PS3. RB2 has the new RB Network that is going to be 360 exclusive. This is going to give any copyright holder the ability to sell their music on the RB music store. This is going to be thousands of songs the PS3 won't have access to.

Sony needs to sack up and start getting some exclusive DLC to draw people to their version of a game. Arkham Asylum was the first I had heard got something the 360 didn't and they barely played it up.
            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

• MickeyMania
              Vehicle rotating backward
              • Jan 2005

That's only because of bad developers. Infinity Ward (Call of Duty), Harmonix (Rock Band), whoever is working on Guitar Hero at any particular moment, the Bioshock games (though it took some time), etc all look fine on multi-platforms. Really, the problem is EA, they simply don't want to do much more than the bare minimum for PS3. Their port of The Orange Box, for example, performed really badly, and they didn't care.

Mirror's Edge also had some exclusive DLC, but keep in mind something about the GTA example: Microsoft paid millions of dollars for that DLC. If they had not had paid it, there would simply have been no DLC. MS did not just pay for exclusivity, they paid to have the game made.

Usually MS and Sony throw a little money here or there when a developer tells them of some DLC to get to get them on their side. In the case of GTA, Microsoft actually paid them to basically make entire games they weren't originally planning on making at all.

My point is that it wasn't really like paying for bonus content so much as it was like subsidizing the development of an entire game.

Comment

• justjohn
                Mr. Faranheit
                • Jul 2006

you call it bad developers, others call it an extremely difficult programming language. Everybody wants to demonize EA, but they aren't the only developer having problems programming for the PS3. In any case, PS3 owners are getting the short end of the stick.

Sony could have just as easily thrown the money at Rockstar to have episodes developed for the PS3. Did they find their user base worth the investment of money? Nope.

Frankly, I'm waiting for a multi-plat to come along that makes sense to buy on the PS3 cuz right now, I have a $500 paperweight.
                Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

• ZeekSlider
                  EPCOT Citizen
                  • Dec 2006

That game looks so awesome... could this be the tangental project to those that haven't jumped on the Kingdom Hearts train? God, I hope so, because the more I find out about Kingdom Hearts, the more complicated it sounds to me...
                  WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

• The T
                    MiceChatter
                    • Oct 2009

This looks interesting and epic, I might get it so I can increase my wii game collection.

Comment

• ZeekSlider
                      EPCOT Citizen
                      • Dec 2006

First Epic Mickey details spilled News | Wii | Eurogamer

Well, color me pink and call me Fruity! Oswald is in the game!! And the plot of the game actually makes sense now for the Wii-Exclusive format.

Comment

• MickeyMania
                        Vehicle rotating backward
                        • Jan 2005

Huh. Oswald is a villain. Who'da thought?

CONSOLE WAR STUFF BELOW YOU CAN SKIP THIS
                        Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                        you call it bad developers, others call it an extremely difficult programming language. Everybody wants to demonize EA, but they aren't the only developer having problems programming for the PS3.
                        If you listened to interviews with the Infinity Ward guys, they basically just say "we put our best people for each system on each version." They seem to just have a lot of developers who code for either platform and aren't trying to learn more than one.

There's also the thing that MS is actually paying to essentially embed representatives in the development companies. Developers basically get a helpline and can often have face to face meetings with Xbox reps to discuss technical hurdles. For whatever reason, perhaps the language barrier or something else, Sony basically made a light manual and told people to figure it out for themselves.

Sony could have just as easily thrown the money at Rockstar to have episodes developed for the PS3. Did they find their user base worth the investment of money? Nope.
                        This is a really dumb argument. They're losing money selling hardware, MS isn't (a deliberate attempt to not recreate the first Xbox.) Heck, the entire Sony corporation seems to teeter on the verge of collapse, and was was busy shoveling money into a movie disc war that MS was pretty disinterested in, to the point that when the HD add-on became useless they kind of just shrugged their shoulders and faked an "oh well."

At the end of the day, platform exclusive stuff doesn't matter because people will buy the game for whatever system they own. I doubt the Lost & D____ed (don't know what the language filter in here is like anymore) moved a lot of 360s on it's own, and I can guarantee you that the Joker DLC for Arkham or the Mirrors Edge DLC didn't do much for the PS3.

This kind of stuff is only of interest to people who already have both systems.

Comment

• dlx07
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                          They seem to just have a lot of developers who code for either platform and aren't trying to learn more than one.
                          I can't believe how often people blame developers for the PS3's shortcomings. Let's see what some of the brightest minds in the industry have to say on the matter.

Tim Sweeney: it "takes about twice the effort and development cost to develop for a multi-threaded CPU," compared to a single-core CPU.. fully exploiting the PS3 Cell chip "required about 5 times as much cost and development timeThe PS3 does lag a little bit behind in terms of getting the performance out of it

Comment

• Explicit
                            MiceChatter
                            • Aug 2009

Wow this game looks nice. The fact that they are combining attractions with each other as well as characters too is making this a nice looking game. Hope the concept of it works though.
                            DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

• AcmePunched
                              Drawin' Cartoons
                              • Sep 2009

I'm really excited about this. I can just see this being really awesome. I mean really - Awesome steampunk visuals? Forgotten and obscure Disney characters getting a chance to shine? Animation-art-tool-based gameplay? I think I can be sure that I won't be the only one in my class to be buying this.

And guess what? The Wii just happens to be the only current-gen system I own, so I'm in luck!

Comment

• ZeekSlider
                                EPCOT Citizen
                                • Dec 2006

I guess I need to rent Okami, because everyone is already comparing this game to it in the gaming community.... and nobody has played it yet!

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
                                  How do you do?
                                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                  • Jan 2005

Depending on what the reviews are when this game comes out, this might be the Game that finally spurs us into getting a Wii.
                                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• Garfieldo
                                    Nothin's gonna stop us!
                                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                                    I don't know that I'd jump to that conclusion. I can see this being an Earn Your Happy Ending plot, where the protagonist gets put through the wringer in order to achieve a victory that is truly sweet. What could be worse than the icons of the Disney parks twisted and broken like this? For that very reason, what could be better than getting to see them fixed?

I want this game, and I want it to be pretty much what the concept art promises--dark and creepy and disturbing and cathartic in a way that something as sanitized and harmless as VMK never stood a chance of being. I want to step into the shoes of a hero who ventures into a nightmare ("the best nightmares ever" was my sister's impression of the imagery) and restores the Disney magic.

And let's not forget, this is the studio that gave us Chernabog and Maleficent and The Black Cauldron...uh...and Davy Jones. It's not like they've never tried their hand at the horrific before, and it's not like we don't love them for it already.
                                    After reading this post and learning more about the game, my opinion of it has completely turned around. I now cannot wait for this game to come out!

Comment

• 413x
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jun 2009

Epic Mickey

No that's not a joke title, it's the title of a new game coming out!

It's definatly not the happiest place on earth anymore.

Epic Mickey Info on Joysiq.com

Epic Mickey is a game in which Oswald the Rabbit has gotten fed up with being stuck in the dark for far too long. Alongside an army of old, forgotten, Disney characters he plans to cover the world in inky blackness. I've gone through some links on the page and pulled up the link for the Concept art. Beware though, it's not for the faint hearted.

Concept Art
                                      (Nightmare Fuel warning)

From the CA's though it seems like Country Bears is put into the mix alongside some VERY lethal robots wearing mickey ears. (But that's oddly funny to me.) But also a Monstero look-a-like with EPCOT of all things on its back and Little Dwarves carrier boats, and a very tattered looking Goofy. (Gotta wonder if that's THE actuall Goofy modified or just a random enemy sent to trick Mickey.)

Either way this game is going to be released on the WII due to the needage of drawing Mickey's path for him, or erasing blockades. Just WHAT is Disney trying to pull with this game!? The first HORROR Disney game that induces Nightmare Fule if you know what the world looked like before!?

Other info:
                                      Wiki: Epic Mickey

Also sorry if this has been posted before, I don't exactly look past the second page when checking to see if a topic is already done.

-Edit: This came from a previous thread post. That's the only reason it looks big and like I haven't been following the thread. ^^;
                                      Last edited by 413x; 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• RooBear
                                        I'm back! Sorta...
                                        • Jun 2005

Re: Epic Mickey

Let's just say there's been some serious discussion in this house about buying a Wii, specifically for this game.

Peace,
                                        Roo
                                        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

• Explicit
                                          MiceChatter
                                          • Aug 2009

Re: Epic Mickey

It's a very intresting game concept wise. There is a huge discussion about this game in the digital gaming section forum of MiceChat.
                                          DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X