Anyone else getting the Toy Story Mania! Wii game?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ASC
    New MiceChatter
    • Sep 2009

Anyone else getting the Toy Story Mania! Wii game?

I know I am!
    Disneyland: the best place to go to if you have the brain to do so.
  • Cuddles McHenry
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2008

Re: Anyone else getting the Toy Story Mania! Wii game?

buying it for my niece, I dont own a Wii. Dont plan on buying one either

Comment

• WeWantsTheRedhead
      in the Golden Afternoon
      • Oct 2008

I want to buy it. But it will probably cost a pretty penny like all other Wii games.
      Maybe I can talk my mom into buying it. lol.

Comment

• tinkermonkey
        has a brand new mindset
        MiceChat Moderator
        • Oct 2005

My kids are playing it right now. It was "pre-released" at D23 this weekend and I was able to get a copy. Even came with a $5 Disney gift card. Price point was standard for a new release Wii game - $49.99.

As for game play - the kids are having a great time. Supposedly there are 3-D elements to it that can be unlocked and the game comes with 2 pair of cardboard red/blue 3-D glasses. My hubby unlocked all the 3-D games to see them and frankly, I can't tell the difference. I would love it if they had put in some kind of an order card for you to purchase slightly better quality glasses. Also, this is an "up to 4 players" game and it only came with the 2 pair - so how do you play with 4?

I look forward to reading the comments and reviews from some of our more serious gamer types that have already started playing the game or start playing soon.
        I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
        then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

• ASC
          New MiceChatter
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
          My kids are playing it right now. It was "pre-released" at D23 this weekend and I was able to get a copy. Even came with a $5 Disney gift card. Price point was standard for a new release Wii game - $49.99.

As for game play - the kids are having a great time. Supposedly there are 3-D elements to it that can be unlocked and the game comes with 2 pair of cardboard red/blue 3-D glasses. My hubby unlocked all the 3-D games to see them and frankly, I can't tell the difference. I would love it if they had put in some kind of an order card for you to purchase slightly better quality glasses. Also, this is an "up to 4 players" game and it only came with the 2 pair - so how do you play with 4?

I look forward to reading the comments and reviews from some of our more serious gamer types that have already started playing the game or start playing soon.

Lucky...I'm really jealous.
          Disneyland: the best place to go to if you have the brain to do so.

Comment

• brand42
            we jumped out a window
            • Jun 2008

We got it in my household at the D23 expo as well.

I think the ride is much easier! I gave up at this Guide the ball through a tilt-a-maze level.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
              MiceChatter
              • Feb 2005

We were playing it last night. Great fun.

Also gave up on the maze level.

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                Seasick
                • Oct 2007

I'm going to get it. That will give me just over two weeks practice time for the real thing in October.

I'm assuming that playing the games lifted directly from the ride will allow one to find all the bonuses, formulate strategy, etc?
                My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2005

^ No, they are slightly different.

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                    Seasick
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    ^ No, they are slightly different.
                    Bummer. I could only find one review online so far, and they ranked it as 5/10.

Maybe just a rental for now...

Comment

• MixsterMixster
                      New MiceChatter
                      • Sep 2009

I Wanna Get It, But You're Right, I May Wanna Rent It First XD

It's Tiki Time!

Comment

• Red Leader
                        Lightspeed to Endor!
                        • Sep 2009

You can similarly get Toy Story Mania on your iPhone or iPod touch. It's a real doozy playing it whilst waiting in line, and also a little interesting seeing people watch you play while you stand in line for TSMM.

"Star Tours? What are you doing here? This is a combat zone. It is restricted. Ease off on your main thruster."

Comment

• TheGlassSlipper
                          MiceChatter
                          • May 2009

I would like it, but I agree it's going to cost a really pretty penny...

Comment

• Browncoat
                            'splosions
                            • Apr 2006

so its just another cash-grab collection of mini-games? pass.
                            PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                            Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                            3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                              Seasick
                              • Oct 2007

A more favorable review: Orlando Sentinel - Wii version of Toy Story Mania delivers theme-park-level fun by

Locally at Toys R Us it comes with Wii-mote face plates, not sure if that's a store exclusive or if every copy of the game comes with them.

Comment

• FolsomFan
                                Ready for takeoff
                                • Nov 2008

I was also scared off a little by the negative review, so I am still deciding whether we will be getting it.

I will be interested to see what other comments people will have.

Comment

• ZeekSlider
                                  EPCOT Citizen
                                  • Dec 2006

I got my copy tonight, and after an hour and a half of playing through "story" mode (I say that loosely, since there is no story), I was able to unlock all but five of the games. I was even able to unlock the 3D games with the tickets you win at the end of each game, which I have this odd feeling will get really useless once those last five games are unlocked.

I have yet to play it with my family, since I picked it up rather late and they were feeling rather tired, but I feel that these games will be more their speed. they haven't touched the Wii since we got it, and that is disappointing to me.

By the way, the 3D games stink. No depth at all, and even killed the living room lights so that the HD TV could function at its brightest without compromising the color. The 3D still didn't work.

On top of that, did anyone else have controller response issues with some of the bonus round games? I couldn't get Woody's Ski Ball game to work at all due to the sensor bar just not reading the controller's movements. And don't get me started on Buzz's whole "crank the generator" thing, which only worked half the time.

Man, I wish my sister was still in town. The two of us would be playing this for hours on end!
                                  WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

• ZeekSlider
                                    EPCOT Citizen
                                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by FolsomFan View Post
                                    I was also scared off a little by the negative review, so I am still deciding whether we will be getting it.

I will be interested to see what other comments people will have.
                                    Don't let mine or other people's negative reviews scare you off from the game. It's a good party title, especially for Disney fans who can't visit the attraction like myself. It gives you a nice feel for the ride without the whole burden of going to the park and all the things that come with it. On top of that, there's the added games on there to break up the gameplay from the whole "shoot for the high score" focus.

Heh, I must be the only one that liked the maze, but I guess that's because I figured out that having the Motion Plus on augmented the table's control to where it was more accurate.
                                    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                                      Seasick
                                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
                                      Heh, I must be the only one that liked the maze, but I guess that's because I figured out that having the Motion Plus on augmented the table's control to where it was more accurate.
                                      I tried it with it on and off and didn't notice a difference. Unless they programmed the game to work with the motion plus would it even do anything?

I got used to the maze, just gotta be slow and use subtle movements.

What really annoyed me about the maze level was the tediousness of having to reload the game, go through the intro, etc. every time I lost.

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
                                        Seasick
                                        • Oct 2007

I played through the main game today.

A so-so game, with good moments and no-so-good moments. Definately not worth the price to buy. $20 or $30 would have been more fair. It retails for $50 locally. Worth a rental for the attraction-based games, but the rest of the game is forgettable.

The good:

The re-creations of the attraction games are good, and fun. The Wii was made for these kinds of shooting games.

The bad:

No Wii Zapper support. I would have preferred to use it for the shooting games, and all they would have to do is include an option to make the B button the trigger.

The targeting icon in the shooting games moves around the screen too slowly for my liking, and seems to disappear too often.

You can't stop and save during the main game, you have to go through every game in one sitting. And you can't skip past any of them.

Most of the non-attraction based games are mediocre. The one where you toss balls has atrocious controls. It really doesn't measure the strength of your throw accurately at all. Boom Blox does this a hundred times better. The carnival-style game where you hit a target with a hammer consists of shaking and then swinging the Wii-mote. No skill required, no challenge provided.

Navigating through the menus with the claw is annoying and cumbersome.

The 3D isn't worthwhile.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X