This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Online

Who wants to play STO? I am in the open beta and it is insanly amazing!!!!

Re: Star Trek Online

I have to remind my husband the ST freak to sign up!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyboii View Post
      Who wants to play STO? I am in the open beta and it is insanly amazing!!!!
      you are the first person i've talked with who has said this. i have a couple of friends who are also in open Beta and they said the UI is not that great and that the combat system is pretty terrible

what are the features you're enjoying most about it?
      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
      Originally posted by pratt55
      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
        you are the first person i've talked with who has said this. i have a couple of friends who are also in open Beta and they said the UI is not that great and that the combat system is pretty terrible

what are the features you're enjoying most about it?
        I am not really thrilled with space combat, but I just wrote that off as inexperience on my part ( I am not a very intense gamer). The features, it's star trek, I'm pretty much sold there. haha honestly idk its just the game as a whole draws me in.

Comment

I play. It's not the best game out there, but playing the open beta for a week was good enough to get me to preorder the game. A lot of fixes were made recently with their first major patch - it'll only get better from here.

That having been said, the things that have been most annoying to me are the things that can't be patched. Such as offering pre-order bonuses that will be negated by the additional pre-order bonus of the head start. If one were to get the Joined Trill bonus, for example, they wouldn't be able to make their character until launch, after the head start. Cryptic has basically said, "Yeah, we know that's an issue. We can't fix it. Too bad."

All that having been said, it's interested me enough that between work and the expected (yet still somehow "emergency") downtimes, I've logged 56.5 hours since the evening of the 12th, when I'd finished getting my copy of the beta.
          Last edited by DeliriumTrigger; 01-23-2010, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
            Yes, I'm playing as well (@HastinZ), and I'm enjoying it so much, I bought the lifetime subscription.

The UI has been fully rewritten, and we're just not seeing it currently in beta. Space combat to me is quite enjoyable, and the rerouting of power makes it quite a challenge.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game. I'm always hesitant to make progress in the Open Beta (due to the character wipe), but I'm looking very forward to the game coming out.
            -Monorail Man

Comment

well i'm glad to hear there are people enjoying it, i was really put off by all the negative reviews i'd heard from my group of friends
              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
              -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
              Originally posted by pratt55
              Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I need to reapply for beta again. This games looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                  Overall, I'm enjoying the game. I'm always hesitant to make progress in the Open Beta (due to the character wipe), but I'm looking very forward to the game coming out.
                  Oh, I love that. I thought the same way at first, but then I realized it gives me the chance to see if going one way (ship classes, character races & such) is how I want to go when I start playing the launch game. Trying to make it to Captain before the wipe...only have a few levels left.

For anyone else playing, I'm @DTrigger05 (Haven't decided yet what post-beta character name I'm going with).

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                  I need to reapply for beta again. This games looks awesome.
                  The beta ends Tuesday...just a heads up. But the Head Start period starts on the 29th for pre-orders.

Comment

my husband is a trekkie and would love to play. Can anyone tell me the website for it?

Comment

^ Star Trek Online

Comment

I've played the Beta a little bit. It looks gorgeous, and it's awesome to fly a starship around firing phasers and launching photon torpedoes. The chance to name your own federation starship and tweak the design will appeal to any Trek fan.

However, if it were a generic space sim without the Star Trek themes, I think it would be a lot less appealing.

The combat (both ground and space) is simplistic, and lacks any need for strategy or skill, from what I've seen.

The interface feels a bit slow and clunky.

I'm not willing to commit to a three-month subscription at this point, let alone the lifetime one. I'm optimistic the finished produce will be better and will continue to improve.

Of course, that means I'll inevitably get hooked and be cursing myself for not buying the lifetime subscription when I could. It's tempting, because it lets you play more casually without feeling the need to get your $15 dollars worth every month.

I pre-ordered through Direct2Drive so I could have the original series uniforms.
                        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
                          The beta ends Tuesday...just a heads up. But the Head Start period starts on the 29th for pre-orders.
                          Bummer. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for the release.

Comment

For anyone still playing in the beta, there's a Klingon fleet (NPC and PvP alike) amassing near Qo'noS for an invasion of the Federation territory at 2pm PST.

Comment

Took a few end-of-beta screens for those who missed it. Cryptic sent the Klingon fleet out to the Federation, the Federation responded by spawn-camping.

So...the Borg were sent in to level the playing field:

Eventually, Sol was lost:

So, I headed out to DS9 and sold all my equipment so I could get a chance to play with the Runabout:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X