This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Mickey on PS3

I just read that Epic Mickey will be released on the PS3! NOOOOOOO!

What happened to Wii exclusive? If it really does end up on the ps3 then why can't they port exclusives like Like Big Planet to the Wii? Developers really don't like the Wii for some reason.

Re: Epic Mickey on PS3

Rumor Patrol: ‘Epic Mickey’ Coming to PS3 in 2011 - Game Rant

For now it's just a rumor. And it sounds like if it's true, it'll be a stand alone game given the PS3's HD capabilities, which sounds great. Color me very interested - I'm an avid PS3 fan and would love to experience Epic Mickey.

Comment

Thank God it was just a December Fools joke. I'd be really angry if a wii exclusive suddenly became unexclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
        Thank God it was just a December Fools joke. I'd be really angry if a wii exclusive suddenly became unexclusive.
        Why? How does Epic Mickey on the PS3 lessen your enjoyment?
        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

First, because they said on their site that the ps3 version would get extra exclusive content. I don't own a ps3 because of prices and I really don't want a system to get exclusive content for a game that was exclusive to another system.
          Second, Why should this game go from being an exclusive title to one being on 2 systems? It was EXCLUSIVE. Do you even know what that means? If they can try that with the Ps3, why can't they give the wii exclusive titles such as little big planet?

Comment

When we interviewed Warren Specter, Epic Mickey's Designer, he said that the game was built from the ground up for the Wii. If they port it, my guess is that the Wii would remain the better system to play it on.

But I would not be surprised to see this game eventually end up on a lot of systems including perhaps the iPad. There is just too much money to be made by making a popular game universal.
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
              First, because they said on their site that the ps3 version would get extra exclusive content. I don't own a ps3 because of prices and I really don't want a system to get exclusive content for a game that was exclusive to another system.
              Second, Why should this game go from being an exclusive title to one being on 2 systems? It was EXCLUSIVE. Do you even know what that means? If they can try that with the Ps3, why can't they give the wii exclusive titles such as little big planet?
              They can't port the games to the Wii because the hardware can't handle the games that are on the PS3 or 360. They don't have the processing power to do them. That's why when the big AAA titles are on all 3 systems, the Wii will get a substantially different game than the others. Plain and simple, the Wii can't run LBP at all.

So yeah, I know what exclusive means in the gaming world.

Exclusive means nothing to game developers. Very few properties can afford to be truly exclusive and the Wii isn't known for making money on anything that isn't an original Nintendo property like Zelda or Mario. They're sending it to the PS3 to make more money. If they don't make money on the game, you won't see sequels follow.

The way exclusive works in the real world is timed. The 360 or PS3 version will get content for a few months before the other does. It happens this way all the time. Microsoft goes so far as to pay the developers to build extra content for them with a substantial lead time of a year before it goes to Sony. Look at Tales from Liberty City for Grand Theft Auto IV.
              Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

So? The Wii may not be able to handle everything that a x-box can, but that doesn't mean that developers should just ignore it. The only reason that the only games that sell on the wii are nintendo games are because the only others are games like just dance 2billion and a bunch of random party games. Nobody wants to buy those other games, when they've got games like super mario galaxy 2 to play. If developers would just try to make the wii work, like Junction Point did, a wii game would actually be a success. If it wasn't for the wonky camera(which I've had little of), and boring quests(to some), epic mickey would have been a major competitor to Mario. Now, they just want to make as much money as they can on it.

Comment

I don't think they've ignored it at all. A few developers have taken the jump and tried building hardcore games for the system but the sales weren't there to continue financing another team to port games.

It's a shame that it's this way, but it's the way Nintendo has positioned itself in the marketplace. They don't care to cater to the hardcore crowd because they know those people already game on the 360 and PS3.

I guarantee you they're designing the Wii2 now though and setting specs at the level of the current generation consoles now that Kinect and Move are stepping squarely on it's toes. We picked up Kinect and I'm not seeing any reason to get any more Wii Fit fitness games anymore. Any new fitness games will be on the 360 for better motion control without a peripheral needed.

The only reason we have a Wii still is because of experiences that couldn't be had on anything else. The new generation of motion control is leaping ahead of the Wii dramatically.
                  Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Developers have tried to create hardcore games for the Wii before - No More Heroes, Conduit, & Red Steel (which were close to successes & received sequels), and then colossal failures like Dead Space Extraction & MadWorld, both of which quality games. The audience for hardcore games on the Wii simply isn't there. A game has to be party-based (Just Dance), a core, recognizable Nintendo property (Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Metroid), or it has to pack in a peripheral (FlingSmash & Wii Play & Wii Fit). Generally third party games on the Wii do not work at all unless they have an effective implementation of the party aspect or a peripheral. Team Meat, who was trying to release Super Meat Boy via retail on the Wii, noted they still can't find a publisher since they believe there's no market for the game on the Wii.

As the previous poster noted, the Wii also can't handle the processing power & graphics the 360 and PS3 are capable of. Little Big Planet could not physically be run on the current Wii hardware. Again, as the previous poster noted, Wii versions of triple AAA multiplatform releases (Black Ops, Tron Legacy) are often dumbed down or even produced by a separate development house.

Regarding exclusives, most exclusives come from first or second party developers for Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony. You won't see Little Big Planet on the Wii (even if it was capable of running it) since Sony now owns Media Molecule, and before had an exclusivity contract with them. Third party exclusivity deals are very rare these days - see Insomniac as the rare exception, though they've finally announced they're developing a multiplatform title. It simply makes more financial sense to develop for as many platforms as physically possible.

Comment

this a good topic i just cant see epic mickey on ps3 i think it will not be same cuz u paint licke on ythr
                      I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

Epic Mickey on the PS3 will most likely use Move for controllers. It will be the EXACT same game play as on the Wii but with HD graphics.
                        Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Epic Mickey wont be on the ps3. At least not in the near future. Maybe by the end of the year, but I doubt that it'll even get made. I'm guessing that the ps3 will get the sequel, but I don't think the first will ever get done for the ps3.

Comment

Ports of older games are done all the time. If the install base is there it can happen.
                            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X