Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Kinect Disneyland Adventures Inaccuracies

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinect Disneyland Adventures Inaccuracies

Those of us who have played this new game have been stunned at how accurate this game is.
    The so called "attractions" are mini games that are only based on them and not exact recreations but the walking around the park parts are incredibly accurate.

That's where I want to start this particular thread. I've had a lot of fun, finding inaccuracies in the walking around part.
    First there are the obvious like "closed attractions," or even one that has been changed: the new Mary Poppins bakery on Main Street USA.

Here other's that I've found:

1) King Arthur's Carrousel has no ceiling in the game. You can see the jumping mechanism which is actually more interesting. The real carousel has a ceiling and you can't see the jumping mechanism. Also on the carrousel, the band organ facade was not included.

2) Winnie the Pooh loading area: The cars on the game travel counter clockwise. The real attraction loading zone goes clockwise.

3) It's a Small World facade on the game: Only the smiling face moves and there's no fifteen minute glockenspiel, though the sound announcing the start of the glockenspiel is present.

What have you found?

Re: Kinect Disneyland Adventures Inaccuracies

Originally posted by wec View Post
    Those of us who have played this new game have been stunned at how accurate this game is.
    The so called "attractions" are mini games that are only based on them and not exact recreations but the walking around the park parts are incredibly accurate.

That's where I want to start this particular thread. I've had a lot of fun, finding inaccuracies in the walking around part.
    First there are the obvious like "closed attractions," or even one that has been changed: the new Mary Poppins bakery on Main Street USA.

Here other's that I've found:

1) King Arthur's Carrousel has no ceiling in the game. You can see the jumping mechanism which is actually more interesting. The real carousel has a ceiling and you can't see the jumping mechanism. Also on the carrousel, the band organ facade was not included.

2) Winnie the Pooh loading area: The cars on the game travel counter clockwise. The real attraction loading zone goes clockwise.

3) It's a Small World facade on the game: Only the smiling face moves and there's no fifteen minute glockenspiel, though the sound announcing the start of the glockenspiel is present.

What have you found?
    Pooh is counterclockwise in real life.

Comment

It's clockwise in WDW, but counter clockwise in DL.

Comment

Thx Dan for the clarification on the pooh layout. I found another interesting problem with the Kinect Disneyland Small World Attraction. No water in the trough for the boats and yet the attraction is "open."

Comment

Now I'm not complaining about the differences. Most of them are due to saving memory and keeping space for later additions. But I am having fun finding differences. One bit did kind of disappoint me though. You can't accsess the Tomorrowland train station at all. And my complaint about this is purely personal, as you can see the station. My reason actually has nothing to do with game play. My reason is, some of my personal favorite Walt photos were taken at the Tomorrowland station.

Comment

Another minor difference on the carousel. On the game there are no boots (rubber cones) on the carousel platform at the bases of the poles, covering where the poles run under the platform.

Comment

MAoWTP (Many Adventues of Wiinie Te Pooh) ride is clockwise in Disney World and counter clockwise in Disneyland.

Edit: Ooops! my bad seen someone else said it before I did!
              :blush:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X