This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's build Disneyland in RCT3 - Group Project

Anyone up for a group project? Let's build a RCT3 Disneyland. Let's start by building individual rides. Then we can assemble them into a park later. Anyone up for the challenge?

If so, let Monorail Man or myself know when you have completed a ride, and we will upload it here so others can download it to their virtual RCT3 Magic Kingdom

I'm not sure what the scale of one tile in RCT to Disneyland is (one tile = how many feet in real life?). Monorail Man, do you have any ideas?

Let the fun begin!

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Let's build Disneyland in RCT3 - Group Project

It sounds fun. I don't have the game yet though and I wish you all the best! Do you think you can post any pictures of your Disneyland successes as they come along? Good luck all!.

Comment

I'm sure that we will post lots of pictures. That way, people will know what the file contains.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage
        I'm not sure what the scale of one tile in RCT to Disneyland is (one tile = how many feet in real life?). Monorail Man, do you have any ideas?
        Each tile is about 8.75ft x 8.75ft.

I'd say we start with just attractions. Later, we'll actually build the park. There's some great Main Street custom scenery that would work well, but we'll deal with that later.

If you want to save some scenery (such as the Matterhorn's station area) with your ride, then go ahead. Just don't overdo it.

Start building.
        -Monorail Man

Comment

You know what would be much cooler and more immersive?

Building Disneyland rides using the mapping software in Half-Life 2.

Half-Life 2 has a complete physics engine and everything, and you can model it to look like however you want, complete with all the theming and sound effects you'd like. The only problem is that the ability to constrain a physics object to a spline interpolated curve is not completely implemented in the game (you can constrain objects to straight paths, as well as other ways), and thus would probably require a simple mod be written to accomodate the amusement park mechanics.

I've been wanting to do this since the game came out, but I lack the expertise to implement the appropriate modification code. I can map, though. I already have part of Tower of Terror mapped...
          Visit MouseBits at http://www.mousebits.com for the Internet's largest and most active source of fan-made Disney video and audio multimedia!

Comment

Originally posted by SirLamer
            The only problem is that the ability to constrain a physics object to a spline interpolated curve is not completely implemented in the game (you can constrain objects to straight paths, as well as other ways), and thus would probably require a simple mod be written to accomodate the amusement park mechanics.
            I tried BabelFish-ing that, but no joy. )

Although I'd be glad to see the results of both Half-Life and RCT3 parks.
            (And I might get my a$$ in gear and contribute a RCT3 attraction, eventually...)

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
            Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

hrm.... I very much enjoy RCT3.... But I think perhaps this goes WAY over my understanding.

But I'd like to see what other people do... perhaps even download it and play with it myself.

I tried once, but I couldn't find the correct track pieces for the various rides.
              St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by PeaJay18
                I tried BabelFish-ing that, but no joy. )
                Spline interpolation is the same mathematics used to draw a smooth curve between interval points in an Excel graph. In Half-Life 2, there is a tool for creating such spline curve paths, by identifying points in the 3D space and then joining them with a smooth spline curve. However, you can't do anything with the curve you create. It would appear that this was meant to be used for constraining objects to complex pathways, but it was never finished.
                Visit MouseBits at http://www.mousebits.com for the Internet's largest and most active source of fan-made Disney video and audio multimedia!

Comment

hi I am new her I have Created the Exact Firework show that Disneyland Hs to the music that they use I dont know how to make a video of it to post it do any of you know how?

Christopher

Comment

Dusty I just got the game so once I fully get use to it, I will love to help in any way possible !

Comment

i recreated NOS (not the rides for potc and hm though, just the buildings) but i don't know how to copy just that area..

Comment

excuse me.. i have RCT3 and RCT3 Soaked and RCT3 Wild! ( you can tell im obsessed ) Well anyway, I've done a pretty good job with BTM and Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain if I do say so myself.. :-) Those are my favorite rides

Comment

Hmmm ... maybe I will actually have to start playing RCT3.

I still prefer RCT2.

Comment

BAH with you all RTC 1 all the way I can't find all the discs so will have to look for them on Amazon, but I probably should get RT3 soon is it cheap yet or still at retail price?

Comment

I could MAYBE do Jungle Cruise, but decent coasters are currently beyond my expertise.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X