Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we build rides while making our own scenarios on RCT2?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we build rides while making our own scenarios on RCT2?

Okay I make many custom made parks and realize that one of my park achievment goal options is to "Finish building 5 coasters". So is there anyway I can build my rides in the park while using the scenario editor? Because if there is no way, then why is the "Finish building 5 coasters" option evene available?

Here is my second question. My question is that during the scenario editor stuff, when I click on the "Paths" tab and choose what pathways I want, it says that I can choose up to 38 things but only 15 things are listed. So does that mean I can import in a few other path styles and use them too?

Re: Can we build rides while making our own scenarios on RCT2?

First, use the Scenario Creator to create a blank template. Then, load the game and build the 5 half-built coasters. Then, load it back into the scenario creator to finish up the details.

There are a bunch of paths over at RCT2.com, in their custom scenery options. Just be sure to save the scenario with custom scenery (can be done from the Options dialog).
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Re: Can we build rides while making our own scenarios on RCT2?

I appreciate your advice MM about putting rides in the scenario but I really have no clue what you are talking about. Is there a difference between Scenario Editor & Scenario Creator on RCT2? If so can you tell me where I can find the Scenario Creator?

(Start Rant) So here is what I just did. I turned on the game and clicked Scenario editor and started a new fresh park. Then I set its boundaries, put in its entrance, chose the ride, and set it up for the "Finish building 5 Coasters" stipulation. Then I saved it. Then I started that scenario and clicked save. Then I loaded the saved scenario back into the Scenario Editor through the "Convert saved games to scenario" option. After doing that, nope, still couldn't build rides.

I did the same with some of my past parks that had many rides in them. When I converted them to a scenario, in the scenario they were created into, the rides never appeared, but the scenery surrounding them did.

So I am curious, if we can't build rides in the scenario editor why even have that option? (End Rant)

So if you can give me a very detailed list of instructions as to how I can build my rides in the scenario editor stuff, that would be great. Thanks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X