Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

    I knew that there was a feature in RCT2 inwhich you can make 2 custom made music tracks and record over a few other tracks that come with the game.

    So I replaced the Pirate song with "A Pirates Life is a Wonderful life" from Peter Pan, my first custom made track contains music tracks from Critter Country and Muppets, and my second custom track has Walts Disneyland dedication speech, "Belle", "Merrily on our Way", "Feed the Birds", and the two versions of "Actors Life for Me" that came with the Musical History of Disneyland set.

    I think I may add the "Swisskapolka" to one of the tracks now that I think of it.

    So what songs do you have in your custom Wav files for RCT?

  • #2
    Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

    For my Disney Park, I have a mainstreet loop, and a few new orleans square loops (one of which has the entire fantasmic show, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Swiss Family Robinson, Frontierland songs, Swanee River, etc...). The loops are around 30 or 40 minutes long (since there's no limit that I'm aware of). I haven't replaced any of the normal tracks yet; from what I heard, you have to get a song with the same length as the normal track so it doesn't cut off in the middle of the song.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

      I don't have any on RCT2 but on RCT3 I have a park called Disney's Pirate Adventure I have "Yoho" for the POTC ride, and "Zip a dee doo dah" for a miniture golf, the others are tracks already in the game, I also have a firework show that dances to the Fantasmic! theme, so that is actually reall cool. I havn't figured out how to put my own songs in RCT2, How can I do it?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

        Originally posted by fantasywatersfreak
        I don't have any on RCT2 but on RCT3 I have a park called Disney's Pirate Adventure I have "Yoho" for the POTC ride, and "Zip a dee doo dah" for a miniture golf, the others are tracks already in the game, I also have a firework show that dances to the Fantasmic! theme, so that is actually reall cool. I havn't figured out how to put my own songs in RCT2, How can I do it?
        First you need to make sure you have a program that can convert music files to WAV files. I use WAV Recorder. Try clicking start, search, & Type in WAV or WAV recorder to see if your computer has it installed somewhere. If it is on your computer, the search will bring it up and you can drag that out onto the desktop. Then also search for RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. It should bring up a few folders. When it is done searching, click on the folders until you find the one with the "Data" folder. Do not close that, but do open up the WAV recorder program. When that is opened click on the Edit Insert tab and a new box will pop up asking what file(s) you would like to insert. Insert all the music files on your computer that you want, you can make only 2 custom files. Then save the first file as custom1 and the second file as custom2. Then convert the files so that they are in PCM format, Stereo 22,050 Hz (or close to it), & 8 bit.

        Then you take the saved custom files and insert them into the data file. Close everything up and the game should work fine and your your custom music should be displayed in the music selection box and it should play correctly. If you have more problems, PM me

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

          Can any of you lot post them, or isn't that sort of thing possible? Just asking.
          "I never miss the chance to have sex or appear on television."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

            They can be posted, just remember that you can only use two at a time for all of your various saved games. Also, music does not export as custom scenery does.

            I experimented with custom music for Disneyland Resort New York. Whether or not the files made it into the final cut I cannot say. I know I had a Twilight Zone loop for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney's America. I also experimented with The Sorceror's Apprentice for Fantasia and the Yen Sid Castle area of Fantasyland.

            With the large amount of custom scenery I use I just find custom music to be a large and cumbersome undertaking.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

              Originally posted by mattjbhs
              For my Disney Park, I have a mainstreet loop, and a few new orleans square loops (one of which has the entire fantasmic show, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Swiss Family Robinson, Frontierland songs, Swanee River, etc...). The loops are around 30 or 40 minutes long (since there's no limit that I'm aware of). I haven't replaced any of the normal tracks yet; from what I heard, you have to get a song with the same length as the normal track so it doesn't cut off in the middle of the song.
              That is true. I moved the original pirates song out of the data folder and recorded over a copy of that file with Peter Pans "A Pirates life is a Wonderful Life/Tic Toc Crocodile song) You can not record over the Horror sound track though. But there are a few other RCT2 song files that can be recorded over. Just make sure if you record over them, you keep the original in a safe spot in case your new recording does not work. If you record over some song files, you may not be able to play the game, so it is always good to keep the original song files in case you need to put them back.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

                Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
                First you need to make sure you have a program that can convert music files to WAV files. I use WAV Recorder. Try clicking start, search, & Type in WAV or WAV recorder to see if your computer has it installed somewhere. If it is on your computer, the search will bring it up and you can drag that out onto the desktop. Then also search for RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. It should bring up a few folders. When it is done searching, click on the folders until you find the one with the "Data" folder. Do not close that, but do open up the WAV recorder program. When that is opened click on the Edit Insert tab and a new box will pop up asking what file(s) you would like to insert. Insert all the music files on your computer that you want, you can make only 2 custom files. Then save the first file as custom1 and the second file as custom2. Then convert the files so that they are in PCM format, Stereo 22,050 Hz (or close to it), & 8 bit.

                Then you take the saved custom files and insert them into the data file. Close everything up and the game should work fine and your your custom music should be displayed in the music selection box and it should play correctly. If you have more problems, PM me
                Thanks, I will try it out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What RCT2 custom music files have you made?

                  Wow this thread has helped alot. I've managed to get the entire EPCOT Entrance Loop onto there and also the Fantasyland Overture. Could one of you guys tell me how I could replace the default music files with my own ones. Obviousy I have to use the sound recorder but how would I go about recording over the files? Cheers.
                  "I never miss the chance to have sex or appear on television."

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X