• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disneylandrocks55
    Official Mice Chat person
    • Apr 2005

RockIt Mountain Creation

So supposedly RockIt Mountain is supposed to have cool effects inside... So I made an on ride video of my version of what I think would be a true "RockIT" Mountain. Here's a video. This was created using Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and is in no way a re-creation of the space mountian track design or building... it's completely new and much more thrilling. Just a fun project I did, and not much more to it. But very cool and syncronized to music. Enjoy!

Note: notice at that link you have to wait 45 seconds in the upper right corner before the download is ready.Again Enjoy, and tell me what you think!

EDIT< This will make it much easier to view... Watch it here on google video. (Note that it gets slightly un-synchronized with the music towards the middle, but still is okay.)
    Last edited by Disneylandrocks55; 05-26-2006, 09:19 AM.
  • DisneyGal
    Queen of Randomness
    • Jan 2005

Re: RockIt Mountain Creation

Well that was fun and nicely done. And I just reminded me that my friend is going to Grad Night this year and will have the opportunity to go on RockIt Mounatin and now I'm jealous. Again, it was a very fun video to watch.
    sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

• Hilsbro
      The Useless Prince
      • Apr 2005

i will have to bookmark this thread and get back to work...I promice to watch it tomorrow

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
        • Apr 2005

Thanks Disneygal, glad you liked it.

Comment

• Lost Boy
          Still lost in Neverland
          • Jan 2005

Nicely done. It's too bad we don't yet know exactly what music, other than it is supposed to be heavy metal or something like that is going to be used. Being a non rocker of the current styles of music I don't know if the new night version will appeal to me. I much prefer the synphony style of music over the stuff they call music today.
          Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Lost Boy
            Nicely done. It's too bad we don't yet know exactly what music, other than it is supposed to be heavy metal or something like that is going to be used. Being a non rocker of the current styles of music I don't know if the new night version will appeal to me. I much prefer the synphony style of music over the stuff they call music today.
            Yeah, I wasn't sure what music they would use for Rockit Mountain so I just used the current music. I too prefer the symphony style of rock, but it might be fun for a night time version of Space Mountain.

Comment

• Lost Boy
              Still lost in Neverland
              • Jan 2005

The music they used in the original Paris version was just amazing. I used it in a sort of Disney Park I built in RCT2 with my version of Space Mountain. To bad I have no access to any of my Parks built with RCT and RCT2. Some of them were pretty good for what you could do with those games. RCT3 is so much more fun because not only can you walk through the Park you just built, but you can make rides and then go on them. That's pretty cool when you think about it.
              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
                • Apr 2005

Yes, very cool. And yeah, the original music for Paris's Space Mountain was Awesome! I used to have it but lost it a while ago.

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
                  • Apr 2005

From the videos of the real rockit mountain, I'm pretty dissapointed.

Comment

• figment1986
                    Banned User
                    • Jan 2005

It appears you used a B&M rollercoaster for this... nice choice... I like the video.

Comment

• Athlonacon
                      FastPass n00b
                      • Feb 2005

Wow. I hereby nominate Disneylandrocks55 for Imagineering for conceptual sketches and ideas. This thing is truly unbelievable, I mean it could never be done in real life of course, but the ideas and the surreal nature would really throw people's equilibrium off inside Space Mountain with just a fraction of that stuff.

We need fresh ideas and talent in WDI like that. I'm pretty sick and tired of Pixar rides with rehashed plots and if there's ever a petition one day to get him into WDI, count on my sig that's for sure. WDI still has the design talent, that's for sure...one look at their current pluses and new rides throughout Disneyland will reveal that, but their "original" ideas really need a LOT of work. New ideas combined with their current sense of amazing design would take us back to the golden days of Imagineering.

I'm serious too, that video contained some really good ideas. The current Space Mountain still feels like a rollercoaster in the dark...with the ride in the video, it feels literally "out of this world", like you are going through some other dimension or something. I think Space Mountain should have this same feeling of other-worldly disorientation throughout the ride. In Disney's defense however, the ride building is not that big and they did an absolutely fabulous job with the space they were given. It would just have been nice if they could've had more room to work with.
                      Last edited by Athlonacon; 05-24-2006, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
                        • Apr 2005

Thank you Athlonacon, that is the greatest compliment I've ever had.. in my life. Let me ask one questiont though, what makes you think it could never be done in real life? With enough money they could pull anything off.

Comment

• kelly
                          love my friends
                          • Sep 2005

I am riding it tongiht.. CM custdians.. can tonight.. whooooo hoooooo

Friends for life

Comment

• Dustysage
                            Man of mystery and
                            MiceChat Administrator
                            • Jan 2005

Very nice! I love it that you can create stuff like that in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It is such a great game.

For those who want to hear the version of the ride that Disney is using for Grad Nights, you can find the thread here with links to the uTube video: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ockit+mountain
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                            Save

Comment

• Disneylandrocks55
                              • Apr 2005

Thanks Dustysage, the link is very helpfull.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X