X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 will cost $600

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705742p1.html

6:42 -- Kaz takes the stage again. He wraps up everything we've seen -- the best technology, the best graphics, a new controller, and much more. And one more surprise ... the PS3 launch details. Two configs -- one with 20 gigs -- $499; One with 60 gigs -- $599. Two million planned for launch worldwide at launch, another two million in time for the end of 2006 and another 2 million by March 2007.

Yeah, theres one for $500 but thats like buying a Core instead of a Premium 360.

Re: PS3 will cost $600

My money's on Revolution winning the war...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
    sigpic
    Flickr

Comment

Honestly, I'm turned off by the PS3 now more than ever.

It's mostly because of Sony's arrogance.

"Innovative."

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi
        My money's on Revolution winning the war...
        C'mon, just say it. Wii. But I do think Nintendo will perceviere. Wasn't the high price thing part of the near collapse of Sega?

Comment

I have no interest in the PS3. By the time it is finally released, I will have already bought an XBox360 and I'm not going to pay another $500+ for the privilege of owning yet another game system. I've been slowly switching over to PC games for years. I never leave the computer any more. I'm jacked directly into MiceChat anyway.
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I have better things to do with my money than spend that much money on PS3.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thats way to fricken much, everytime a new system comes out they increase it by 200 dollars, I remember when the systems were just 50 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasywatersfreak
                Thats way to fricken much, everytime a new system comes out they increase it by 200 dollars, I remember when the systems were just 50 bucks.
                Which were those? Event he Genesis was $200 had release. But even then that' still only $351.76 today.

Comment

Originally posted by fantasywatersfreak
                  actualy it's ussualy been about $100

and what system was ever $50 at launch? atari o_O certainly nothing worth owning

keeping things around the $200-270 area has always seemed like the smart thing to do and such

there are some interesting games coming to the PS3 (though I wonder why Square is going to not only to FFXIII but also a spinoff action game so quickly seems like that'd overkill the effect of the game o_O)

the tilt sensor in the controler seems to be grasping at straws a bit but Sony likes rolling in the features

what I think would really be good to hear about and see are games like Devil May Cry 4 and the next Resident Evil
                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

What is this tilt sensor you speak of?

But you also used to get an actual game with the console.

Comment

The only system that launched around $100 was the GBA!

There have been no major systems released that hook up to your TV that cost under $200.

But still, the PS3 is insane. Watch the games cost a bundle too....
                      ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

How much will wii be?

I don't have 600 for a fourth computer... Just port the games to pc... You will make more money.. Lol

Wii sounds better.. Xbox360 is better..
                        (I have nothing.. Lol)

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                          What is this tilt sensor you speak of?

But you also used to get an actual game with the console.
                          The controller features '"6 degrees" of motion-sensing movement. You can move it up and down, you have pitch and yaw and roll movement, and it's all still wireless.'

Basically, a low grade version of the Wii's controller. That's why I scoff when Sony said that THEIR controller was innovative.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                            How much will wii be?
                            Less than XBOX360 and PS3. Speculation is looking at between $200 and $250.

openattheseams, I agree, it does sound like a completely rushed attempt to popularize a basic idea of Wii gameplay.

Comment

I am SOOOOO glad I don't go for the game consoles. Between that and Disney I'd be Buh-ROKE
                              "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                              Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X