This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Review: DS Lite

Picked up our newly released DS Lite today.

Usually second generation systems (Handheld or Consoles) are just minor improvements over the original giving a smaller size, more colors, etc, etc, etc.

Not so with the DS Lite. Yes it's smaller, but it's MUCH more than that. Both screens are MUCH brighter. I'm seeing things in New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, WarioWare, etc that I haven't seen on the regular DS. I had no idea the graphics on some of these games were so good.
    It absolutely rocks.

If you have a DS I would suggest trading it in for a DS Lite, if you don't have a DS (and why not) get one. Nintendo has done another awesome job on this system.

Re: Product Review: DS Lite

im getting one as soon as my old one breaks or i have enough money to get one...whichever comes first, i got my ds the first day it came out and boy has it taken a beating

Comment

I don't care if people say it is the best creation mankind has ever made.
      I still like my psp more.

Comment

I bought the DS Lite on Sunday and I absolutely love it. IMO, it is a much better system than the PSP. Much better (and more) games, better screens, better design.

http://palgn.com.au/image.php?id=467...81e815f53ac312

Comment

how much of a trade in do you get if your DS has a broken screen??

Comment

I picked one up on Sunday.

Its great. Much better than the old DS. More comfy to hold, better screens. The only minus for me is that the reduced size means GBA games stick out of the slot a bit. But that's the only drawback I see.
            Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

Originally posted by Ryancr78
              I bought the DS Lite on Sunday and I absolutely love it. IMO, it is a much better system than the PSP. Much better (and more) games, better screens, better design.

http://palgn.com.au/image.php?id=467...81e815f53ac312
              A bit misleading seeing as the brightest setting on a PSP can only be used when it's plugged in.

The DS lite is quite the improvement though. I spent a lot of time with a co worker's. If the PSP doesn't step up to the plate with more games, it's a wrap.

Comment

Ok, after spending 5 minutes with the "New Super Mario Bros" demo in Target, I had to give in to the impulse and buy the only DS Lite they had left on the shelf!

That game did a great job of making me feel nostalgic for the older Mario games (much moreso than the fancy 3D ones). The graphical improvements are great, but the retro aspect really has me excited about the old franchise.

It's like I'm back in 1985 all over again, just without the mullets and spandex.....
                "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

wow...(the expression not the stupid game)...this little system is amazing, it looks so cool, the screen is so much better, and its so comfy to hold, i love the wifi transfer feature, the small package, this thig is just amazing...it took a little while to get used to holding it but other then that its amazing

Comment

i played a ds lite for the first time the other day..... I LOVE IT!! way better and more fun to play than the psp. Im starting to save up to buy one of ebay

Comment

At only $129.00 this system is a great buy. Plus you can play all your GBA games on it! Geez... Im gonna go get one right now.
                      "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

I think the DS Lite is fantastic! I'd love to see more colors though... We only have white and black here in Europe.

Comment

I had recently bought my grandson a Nintendo DS. I, myself, already owned the system, and I play Animal Crossing. We were shopping the other day, and I haven't bought much recently in the way of games, so I decided to purchase the DS Lite for my grandson. The deal was that he gives me his regular DS, and he gets the Lite. I bought another Animal Crossing game, so now I can travel, and he wanted the Mario game. We are happy playing our games. The systems are all great. Our systems are always busy, so I make sure that I keep the chargers handy. The DS Lite is smaller, brighter, and fits in my grandson's pocket. He's got it on his 4th of July Road Trip with Mom.

I named my new town in Animal Crossing Anaheim, and my character is Minnie.

Having a lot of fun. I think the Nintendo systems are the best. Between Game Cube, Game Boy, and the SP, and the DS, the only Playstation game I play is Kingdom Hearts (I need to get back to that). Never found an XBOX game I liked.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier
                            I think the DS Lite is fantastic! I'd love to see more colors though... We only have white and black here in Europe.
                            Well, I've only ever seen the white one stateside, so it sounds like you've got even more color options than we do!
                            "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

I picked up a new DS Lite last night with a copy of "Brain Age". Its a hit! everyone cant get enough of it. In fact I think others have played it more than me, wtf! Anyways I highly reccomend it.
                              "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X