This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change

So, as I tried to log onto vmk today, I received a message in the sign in screen that I need to change my username.

I have no idea why all of a sudden I need to change it, especially since I have been using this name since Beta, almost a year ago. Why all of a sudden change it now with no reason? And, to make things worse, I can't sign on until I do change it, which I am not going to do until I hear a response to the email I sent. I have no caused any problems on vmk, and yoyoflamingo is hardly questionable, especially since it comes from Fantasia 2000, so I really want to know why all of a sudden this message appeared, with little or no explanation.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Name change

In creating a character for Victoria, we tried several names that seemed totally innocent but that were turned down. One we tried was "Admiral Boom." In a fit of creativity we even tried "Esplanade." (I rather like both of those!) Neither were approved. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the use of copyrighted Disney names?

Sorry to hear you have to change your long-term identity.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
      In creating a character for Victoria, we tried several names that seemed totally innocent but that were turned down. One we tried was "Admiral Boom." In a fit of creativity we even tried "Esplanade." (I rather like both of those!) Neither were approved. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the use of copyrighted Disney names?

Sorry to hear you have to change your long-term identity.
      The weird thing is, is that it's not a copyrighted name....it's just a description of the character. Maybe it has to do with it being the same name as my MiceChat name? Are they now out to get me since I listed Mice Chat in my signature? I have no idea, but I just hope all my stuff doesn't vanish in the meantime. I worked hard to get all the stuff I have.

Comment

The name change buisness seems to be becoming more common. I know of several members who have to change their screenames that they've had since beta. The worst part is they don't give you a reason why you have to change it!

Comment

Well, I contacted them, and we'll see what they say. Unfortunately, that could take up to 48 hours, and I hope I hear an answer by then.

Comment

They seem to be focusing more and more on any name that could be revealing personal information. I know of another player that had the word "mama" as a part of her name and had to change it. Perhaps they felt the Yo, Yo! part was questionable?

This got me to thinking what I would change my name to if need be. The first thing that popped into my head was the name of a current race horse. Horse owners can be very clever with names. The racing association has to be vigilent that nothing "unsavory" gets by. They missed this one somehow. The horse is called "Hoof Hearted." (You may have to say it out loud.) The race announcements must be hilarious.

Think VMK would catch it?

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

That's the weird thing...the Yoyo part is just that...a yoyo, like the character who plays with a yoyo in Fantasia 2000, I bleieve it was a flamingo.

Maybe it has to do with confusion of the host flamingo?

Comment

Originally posted by SpookyBear
                The name change buisness seems to be becoming more common. I know of several members who have to change their screenames that they've had since beta. The worst part is they don't give you a reason why you have to change it!
                I would be VERY upset if they made me change. I am upset enough over them requesting yoyoflamingo to change his. If I have to call the VMK offices, I will.

Comment

I'm surprised they havn't made me change mine "Shelly". Since I started in beta, they didn't limit my name. Strange. I do like my other name Shelly_Pirate, but I never use it.

It must be the Mice Chat thing.
                  Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

Comment

I really think it's more towards the host_flamingo. But I hope I get a reason. So...any suggestions of a new name if I am forced to change it?

Comment

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that yoyo. I hope that you get some resolution to it. I honestly can't see why they would make you change your name at all.

Comment

Yea i am also sorry but might i ask what is beta mean

Comment

Beta is the "soft opening" of vmk, where they test the program out for bugs, etc. They let people sign up to see the popularity, how it would work, handle crowds, fix problems, etc. Anyone on vmk with the Day 1 Symbol is a beta member. And as of now, there is still no email from vmk regarding my name. I really would like to log in as myself too.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo
                            So...any suggestions of a new name if I am forced to change it?
                            um,

BPFsKeeper?
                            These are the games that never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward
                              um,

BPFsKeeper?
                              :lmao:

:lmao:

Comment

Ad Widget