• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • figment1986
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

The Pirates of the Caribbean Game FAQ

You may have wondered how to play or seen something strange in VMK's Pirates of the Caribbean game. Below are many Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.

Q: What is the difference between Capture the Flag and Ship Battle?
    A: There are now 2 different ways to play the game: In Capture the Flag you and your team have to capture the other team's flag and return it to your base. If you get hit while you have the flag you will drop it. Ship Battle is a lot like the original game. Mainly all you do here is try to blow up the other team's ships.

Q: Is there a Sea Monster in the new game?
    A: Arg! There be a Sea monster called the Kraken. It be eating ships that don’t movie around enough. So beware...

Q: What happens if I drop the flag? Is the game over?
    A: No, the game does not end, but you better hurry up and turn around and pick it up again.

Q: How come sometimes after my ship blows up I am in a little boat?
    A: That is a rowboat, and if you can make it back to your base you get a brand new ship. You can also pick up a dropped flag while in the rowboat, but you're not very fast so be careful. If you get hit while in the rowboat, the game is over for you.

Q: Can you play only one game on level 1 and play the other game on level 2, or do you have to beat both on each level?
    A: If you win any game on level 1, you may play any game on level 2, if you win level 2, you may play any game on level 3. That is what I heard.

Q: Why does it say I have to pay credits to play?
    A: The game now costs credits to play. But if you win, you get more credits back.

Q: What is this extra ship-looking button next to my title?
    A: After you start or join a game, next to your name is a little ship button. If you click on it you get to choose 1 of 3 ships. Each ship has different features, so choose carefully.

Q: Do I have to be on the Port Royal team when I start a game?
    A: No, You may switch sides by clicking the arrow near your name if you rather be a pirate, Arg!

Q: What is the new room after the pirate lobby?
    A: It is the Pirate Treasure room, where you can relax and talk about the game. For now...

Q: How do you get on Round-3 of each level?
    A: It is Best 2 out of 3 on both games. So if you Tie 1 - 1 on level 2, you get to play the third round.

Q: How do I access level 3?
    A: First you must score 10 wins on level 1, then 10 wins on level 2. Next you will receive a message instructing you to visit the old captain. Go to the tree house; double click on him to get credits, and permission to play level 3

Q: What's up with the gold cannons you can get? I saw no different effect.
    A: It is believed to be a powerful weapon, and give you bonus credits.

Q: When the popup tells me it costs credits to play and I click ok, does it immediately take my credits?
    A: The game does not take the credits until the game stars, this is because the game can be full, or you can get booted out of a crew.

Q: How do you play against the computer?
    A: This is simple, in capture the flag you must have real people, but in the other game, you have a choice to add AI (Computer) players... The downside is even if you win, you might get less money than you paid to play.

Q: How do you take screen shots I heard you click the print screen button, but it didn't work for me.
    A: I press Alt and Prt Scr(Print Screen) together, then paste it in a photo editor, such as paint shop pro or even Paint on the Windows operating system, to edit them.

------------------------------------------

Q: I hear you can now get prizes from the game, how can I get them?
    A: Every three wins on any level and game, meaning three wins on capture the flag level one will get you a key. Each level gives a certain key. so three wins on level one will earn a bronze, three on level two earns you a silver, and three wins on level three earns you a gold. Each key can get a better chance at a prize from a treasure chest located in the pirate treasure room.
    Last edited by figment1986; 10-10-2006, 09:07 PM. Reason: Added Screen shots, Looking for more shots to add
  • figment1986
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

Level 1

Level 1:Capture the Flag Version... Battle is similar, without the flags.

Round 1

Round 2

This Game Has a 3rd level, if you tie, 1-1, after the 2nd-round you will play the third level to break the tie. This is much like the Haunted mansion.

Round 3

Win / Loose

After 10 wins on level 1 you will be able to play level 2 and you should receive a bronze key, which will be used in the treasure room.

Now you may continue the game and play on Level 2…
    Last edited by figment1986; 10-06-2006, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• figment1986
      Banned User
      • Jan 2005

Level 2

Level 2:Capture the Flag Version... Battle is similar, without the flags.

Round 1

Round 2

This Game Has a 3rd level, if you tie, 1-1, after the 2nd-round you will play the third level to break the tie. This is much like the Haunted mansion.

Round 3

Win / Loose

After 10 wins on level 2, your restriction on level 3 will end and you should acquire a silver key, which will be used in the treasure room.
      Last edited by figment1986; 10-06-2006, 11:40 AM. Reason: Updated information

Comment

• figment1986
        Banned User
        • Jan 2005

Level 3

Level 3:Ship Battle... Capture the Flag is similar, Just Add the flags...

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Win / Loose

After 10 wins on level 3, you should get a Gold Key. Which has the highest chance at getting the better prizes from the treasure chests in the treasure room.

(Insert Message Screen)
        Last edited by figment1986; 10-06-2006, 11:38 AM. Reason: Changes wording, and updated info

Comment

• danceguest
          Stitch <3
          • May 2006

Re: New Pirates of the Caribbean Game FAQ

I never knew you were a community leader.. LOL
          well thanks for the answer to questions
          I never knew you could choose your ship..

Comment

• pinkCHICLETT
            RAWRR(:
            • Mar 2006

I have a few questions.
            1. What's up with the gold cannons you can get? I saw no different effect.
            2. How do you take screen shots I heard you click the print screen button, but it didn't work for me.
            :love:

Comment

• barfownz
              Legend
              • Nov 2005

Thanks for inside scoop!

Comment

• pinkCHICLETT
                RAWRR(:
                • Mar 2006

I was very confused to find a message after playing my first game of level 2 that said something like this, Arg Congratulations. Now to play level 3 and claim ye hard earned prize, all ye have to do is vist Captain BlackBeard.
                It said it was from VMK staff. Why did they say Captain BlackBeard? And I went to see him and nothing happened. I was pretty confused.

Comment

• figment1986
                  Banned User
                  • Jan 2005

double click on him... same as last time... visit means click.. if nothing happens.. then talk to staff...

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
                    How do you do?
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Jan 2005

Anyone else bothered by the fact that you pay, yet it says, priZe per game, not priCe?

Sometimes it says one, somtimes it says the other, but it's misleading.
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
                      How do you do?
                      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                      • Jan 2005

Another problem, I just beat level 2 for the first time, and it says to go to Blackbeard to play level three. However, I beleive you still have to beat 2 10 times, like the previous version, so this is an error.

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
                        How do you do?
                        MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                        • Jan 2005

Another thing I hate: If you're the last person to join a game, you do not have the chance to change the ship, since the person just enters the game without thinking of you. I REALLY dislike this new version a lot!

Comment

• danceguest
                          Stitch <3
                          • May 2006

I have a question..
                          You know when you go to make a game and it says it will cost 21 credits than you clcik ok
                          And if you choose a game that is full does it take your credits?

And if you join a game and they boot you out do you loose the credits?

Comment

• ni_teach
                            Just this guy......
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by danceguest
                            I have a question..
                            You know when you go to make a game and it says it will cost 21 credits than you clcik ok
                            And if you choose a game that is full does it take your credits?

And if you join a game and they boot you out do you loose the credits?
                            I played it several time last night (for the first time) and it only seems to take the credits when the game starts. However, the new software does seem to be a bit buggy. In one game I could not move at all, another game I could not see any ships, including myself, and yet another game had hundreds of health and cannon balls all over the place.
                            Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

• danceguest
                              Stitch <3
                              • May 2006

lol ok thank you

Comment

• BFJen
                                For You!
                                • Feb 2006

I never got a message after playing level 2- I finally tried to go level 3 and it let me. No prize, no fanfare, nothing. I really hope that after the glitches are figured out, that they don't come out with level prizes.
                                sigpic
                                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                                  I was deleted.
                                  • Dec 2008

I've heard so many things about bugs in the game - so I still haven't played it yet. I am bothered over having to pay to play and that you can't play against the computer either! That gets annoying in quests and what not. Especially if you are learning how to play the game.

I do like the little people from the attraction in the scenes of the different levels though! Hopefully things will start to clear up, bugs will start to go away, and new additions will appear by July 7th! :cgrin:

Great job with the thread so far Figment.

Comment

• figment1986
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                                    I've heard so many things about bugs in the game - so I still haven't played it yet. I am bothered over having to pay to play and that you can't play against the computer either! That gets annoying in quests and what not. Especially if you are learning how to play the game.
                                    Updated FAQ... Just have to get screens of this later.

Comment

• pinkCHICLETT
                                      RAWRR(:
                                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by figment1986
                                      Q: What's up with the gold cannons you can get? I saw no different effect.
                                      A: It is believed to be a powerfull weapon, and give you bonus credits

Q: How do you take screen shots I heard you click the print screen button, but it didn't work for me.
                                      A: I press (Alt+Print Screen) then paste it in a photo editor to edit them.
                                      Thanks for answering my questions, nobody ever told me about the alt+print screen.

Comment

• BFJen
                                        For You!
                                        • Feb 2006

Okay, I'm on level 3 and now don't have a computer player option. I thought I have before - is that just a level 3 thing? or a glitch?
                                        sigpic
                                        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X