This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMK has effected typing habits

Ever since I started using VMK. I have been typing better since it makes you spell all the words correctly. I am happy that they took out words like u and ur. They seem so annoying. Even when I am talking to my friends I will type correctly and fix my mistakes. I think VMK is a good impact on spelling habits.
    Anyone else feel like this has happened to them also?
    <3 Pink
    :love:

Re: VMK has effected typing habits

Originally posted by pinkCHICLETT
    Anyone else feel like this has happened to them also?
    I can think of about two dozen threads that say otherwise.

I would guess so, but the demographic seems to be more into net speak, so outside of VMK, typing abbreviated seems to be the norm.
    -Monorail Man

Comment

Yes but i do indeed wish they add more words. And i alway wish you can have more than 2 periods (.) in a message.

Comment

I wish you could have more ,'s .'s ?'s and !'s When writing messages and room discriptions its boring with two of each.

Comment

But don't forget the down side of when you are typing a research paper and type too instead of two!
          :lmao:

Comment

You can't have more than too of anything in a message. I have found my typing speed has increased and boy, has creativity taken over! For instance - Happy Fort of Jewel Eye was very popular this last week!

Me fail English? That's unpossible!!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

It did affect me in a way, but then i got over it.

Comment

Yes in VMK writing there is always the good, the bad and the ugly.

Comment

While it does make you spell things correctly, most VMK grammar is atrocious! There especially seems to be a loathing of past tense ("I got ban today"), proper use of the possessive ("I going to play Pirates") and much more.

I also don't quite get the whole notion of not allowing the use of numbers... like the filter does any good. Even the hosts use "dictionary dancing" such as on, too, tea, for, hive, etc. for numbers. If they wanted to ban numbers, it didn't work. Further, it encourages bad spelling and bad habits.

...plus, I didn't win a Surf Pin yet either!
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                    While it does make you spell things correctly, most VMK grammar is atrocious! There especially seems to be a loathing of past tense ("I got ban today"), proper use of the possessive ("I going to play Pirates") and much more.

I also don't quite get the whole notion of not allowing the use of numbers... like the filter does any good. Even the hosts use "dictionary dancing" such as on, too, tea, for, hive, etc. for numbers. If they wanted to ban numbers, it didn't work. Further, it encourages bad spelling and bad habits.

I have not won a surf pin yet either. Don't feel bad. Yes Staff do use on too tree(tea) for ive(dive/live) fix. I am suprised that staff cannot use 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 because they use them for the games and it depends on what game so why not let them be able to say 123456789&0? Some people even say, "I got band today." I was like what..? I know a while back you could not say banned.

Comment

I'm sure some of the bad grammar is due to the restrictions of the dictionary. It's too bad that a Disney game seems to have the unintentional effect of teaching kids bad grammar.
                      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Am I the only one to find irony in the title, given the subject matter of the thread?

I quit playing VMK myself. Something annoying about a bunch of people running around in e-relationships and asking for credits/trade offers...

Comment

Originally posted by Twist_of_Fate
                          Am I the only one to find irony in the title, given the subject matter of the thread?
                          No, you're not.
                          These are the games that never end.

Comment

I guess?

-Nikki

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney

Yes, I think it's the most annoying when they do. Although for some of their games they can type numbers in descriptions, etc. I wish that for quests you could ask questions and have multiple choice options with numbers. So when you play trivia questions they can actually allow for more accurate questions by most host creators. :lol:

And... :ot: I have a Surf Pin.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X