Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are times on VMK site shown as PT?

Event times on the VMK home page are always shown as PT (Pacific Time), even though VMK is based on Magic Kingdom, which is in the Eastern time zone. Why is this?

Re: Why are times on VMK site shown as PT?

Originally posted by mardi87gras
    Event times on the VMK home page are always shown as PT (Pacific Time), even though VMK is based on Magic Kingdom, which is in the Eastern time zone. Why is this?
    It's based on the first Magic Kingdom : Disneyland which is located in the PT

Comment

Originally posted by emil2000
      It's based on the first Magic Kingdom : Disneyland which is located in the PT
      I didn't think Disneyland was ever called Magic Kingdom, was it? Even if it was, I would think they'd do it the same as the park that is more commonly known as Magic Kingdom.

Comment

VMK is based out of Disneyland in California...

It is based upon the 4 Disneyland parks.. (now 5, but it was not around then...)

but because it's main people are in california, it's times are PT.

Comment

Originally posted by mardi87gras
          I didn't think Disneyland was ever called Magic Kingdom, was it? Even if it was, I would think they'd do it the same as the park that is more commonly known as Magic Kingdom.

It wasnt offically called it. But its was like a Sub-name for it.

Like Disneyland: The Magic Kingdom.

Or Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom...Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
            VMK is based out of Disneyland in California...

It is based upon the 4 Disneyland parks.. (now 5, but it was not around then...)

but because it's main people are in california, it's times are PT.
            Then why isn't it called VDL (Virtual Disneyland)? There's only one park that's actually called Magic Kingdom, and the name of the game is Virtual Magic Kingdom, so why not be consistent with the one park that it is named for?

I realize that the people that work on it are in the Pacific time zone, but I would think it should be geared toward the users and not the designers.

Comment

All the users in America play the game.. it states all times are PST....

Most of the workers are in Disneyland, including the webmasters...

It's VMK because that name was chosen by a poll.... unleash the magic was another name on the poll. and was second place. It became the slogan....

Disney polled guests, and people from WDW and DL... it was the people who chose the final name...

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                All the users in America play the game.. it states all times are PST....

Most of the workers are in Disneyland, including the webmasters...

It's VMK because that name was chosen by a poll.... unleash the magic was another name on the poll. and was second place. It became the slogan....

Disney polled guests, and people from WDW and DL... it was the people who chose the final name...
                Oh I have no problem with the name, I just think that for consistency's sake, the times should match the name.

Comment

Frankly, I would prefer it to be called Virtual Disneyland, since the VMK lands, attractions (Skyway, Matterhorn...) and items (flying saucers. Skull Rock...)seem to be based on the original Disneyland in Anaheim.

But, since Disneyland was called "The Magic Kingdom" before there was even a Walt Disney World... and since WDW calls it's "Disneyland" park "The Magic Kingdom" it makes sense to call the game Virtual Magic Kingdom to appeal to everyone.

All the Disney parks with a Castle are "magic kingdoms."
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

wait a minute.. are we sure its planned for Disneyland? in the esplanade, i see Epcot, MGM-Studios, and Animal Kingdom.. but wait, I see all castles and California Screamin' too, so I guess its based on all LOL :lol:

Comment

Heck, the castle is Paris' castle. "Magic Kingdom" has always been a term referring all the parks, hence, they are ALL "Magical" places. I remember calling Disneyland the magic kingdom when I was a kid. It could have been called, "Magic online Kingdom" or, "The happiest virtual park on earth". Naming it what they did has nothing to do with any one park. Please take a nap and calm down about the name. You are reading too much into it.
                      sigpic
                      Elsa's and Anna's
                      Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

I don't deny that there's an intertwined history between the names "Disneyland" and "Magic Kingdom", but when you say "Magic Kingdom", I would have to think that MOST people think of the park in Florida. And I don't hear any of Disney's advertising refer to any other of their parks as Magic Kingdom.

Comment

Its called VMK and not VDL because it is a promostional game that includes every bit of all the disney parks world wide in one game.

Comment

Walt disney refered to the park as the magic kingdom, it was not a major reference after he passed away, but even my older ticket says magic kingdom....

As I said, disney polled like 500 kids, and they chose virtural magic kingdom, and the slogan was second place name.

Comment

hmmm...I ahve never thought of DW or DL specific while playing the game. I think of it as more of a mixture of parks or it's own park in some kind of virtual way....it may be on pST time because the mods are on PST time....who knows....I never really thought about it......maybe it's because if it closed at 10pm est it wold be to early pst time....ok I'm rambling now...LOL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X