This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the upcoming Pin trading events

Showing on the new calendar, the upcoming pin trading events, have they had this befor, and if so has anyone taken part and what was it like?

take that jediMihawk

Re: Question about the upcoming Pin trading events

Wow! I didn't even know about this until you posted it. I don't have a clue though. Sorry.

Comment

BAsically, it's a host room, when you wait in line, and trade a pin for a pin with the host. Usually, they ask for series pins only though, and you can usually get the ones you're missing, although they have a limited supply of each, and they do run out. That's how I got my pirate #1 pin and opeing tiki room pin. It's also why I try to buy more than one of each series pin that comes out.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
        BAsically, it's a host room, when you wait in line, and trade a pin for a pin with the host. Usually, they ask for series pins only though, and you can usually get the ones you're missing, although they have a limited supply of each, and they do run out. That's how I got my pirate #1 pin and opeing tiki room pin. It's also why I try to buy more than one of each series pin that comes out.
        Exactly what yoyo said! But they have only had a limited supply of the host room pin and have then gone to trading for other pins for the remainder of the time. If that holds true, you can then trade for pins the Host might have such as Jungle Cruise, Tomorrowland, Hotel pins, Tiki pins, food pins, etc. depending upon whatever other players trade her.

Comment

Ok, so let me get this straight. I find a series pin (would one like a pirates 6/9 work from Small World Imports?) and get into the room. Then trade that pin with the host, and they give me a better one? Also thanks for the help in partially explaining lol!
          Last edited by dubeskin; 08-31-2006, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks you yoyo and piglet for your answers on this! Should be very interesting to take part in.

take that jediMihawk

Comment

dubeskin, that pin won't work in a trade with them (I've tried that before).

Basically, you have to trade a series pin that isn't available anymore (the "other" pirate series that cost 500 points each for example) for one of the host's retired series pins. It's a way to complete a series if you are missing one and have two of another in the series- or want a retired series pin and you have a retired series pin (i.e. ones that cost 500) to trade for it.

That's the way is used to work anyway...
              Died in 1720 ya know...

Checkout all my Disneyland photos
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/5198394...7625048447449/

Comment

Originally posted by dubeskin View Post
                Ok, so let me get this straight. I find a series pin (would one like a pirates 6/9 work from Small World Imports?) and get into the room. Then trade that pin with the host, and they give me a better one? Also thanks for the help in partially explaining lol!
                I didn't think I was partially explaining anything. It's the most specific, detailed answer I could have given.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                  I didn't think I was partially explaining anything. It's the most specific, detailed answer I could have given.
                  Sorry yoyo, I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that I was still unclear pn what you could trade. Sorry I offended you. I didn't mean to. I was just unsure if any old series pin would work, or if it had to be special/retired. And then Tiki helped explain that. So thanks to the both of you, and sorry I didn't clearly explain MYSELF lol.

Comment

The last time I looked at the calendar, they were supposed to have a quest party on Saturday, not a pin trading event.. WEIRD

Comment

kind of like real pin trading at disney, the castmembers trade what they wear and there they have to trade you even if your pin isnt as good (probably why they dotn wear many good ones).

Comment

Originally posted by Tiki View Post
                        dubeskin, that pin won't work in a trade with them (I've tried that before).

Basically, you have to trade a series pin that isn't available anymore (the "other" pirate series that cost 500 points each for example) for one of the host's retired series pins. It's a way to complete a series if you are missing one and have two of another in the series- or want a retired series pin and you have a retired series pin (i.e. ones that cost 500) to trade for it.

That's the way is used to work anyway...
                        are the food pinds considered series pins? if so i have a double of the ice cream pin that i could trade
                        JamiPrincess on VMK
                        :yea:

Comment

I beleive the food will be considered a series, since the hotel ones were as well as the Jungle Cruise ones. I'm hoping for a Grand Californian, since that is the last hotel pin I need to complete my collection.

Comment

can you only trade one pin? or are you allowed to trade multiple pins?

VMK: CL_chassis

Comment

OK - does this sound like a fair trade?
                              Im looking for Everest 3/5 ( last for everest collection )
                              and Im gonna offer ( if i get in ) a Pirates 5/5 ( burning village )
                              would she accept? maybe I should wait for LILY.. LOL ( that would make sense to those of you who know me well )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X