Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will rares be unrare?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will rares be unrare?


    From: http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/c...NewsletterPage
    Rare or Medium Rare?
    I've received lots of comments from last weekend's pin event that the Inner Space Pin was too difficult to get... and therefore too rare. On the other hand, there isn't a day that goes by when we aren't asked by players to not re-release rare items that were sold or awarded previously. There's a fine line between rare and medium rare items and we're always trying find a middle ground that pleases everyone. Do we keep the rare items rare... or should we bring them back? This is something we debate all the time here at VMK Headquarters.
    What do you think? Vote now in this weeks poll. Depending on your responses, some items may be back, or not. Will Stitch Hats and Green Flips ever go on sale in the Emporium? Don't hold your breath!
    What does this mean? Would we all be able to get the rares we missed when we joined and want badly now? Or does this mean that the items you worked so hard to get for, and you traded everything for, will now be availible to everyone? Your choice, go vote !

  • #2
    Re: Will rares be unrare?

    Originally posted by dubeskin View Post
    What does this mean? Would we all be able to get the rares we missed when we joined and want badly now? Or does this mean that the items you worked so hard to get for, and you traded everything for, will now be availible to everyone? Your choice, go vote !
    While I understand the desire for rare items not to be re-released, I do see something happening. Players with these items might not be playing that often. New players come and go and characters often have lots of items in their inventory that might never see the light of day ever again.

    With that being said, I think that some items should return once or twice a year, if only for a day or two. A good example of this would be the green Mickey's PhilarMagic chair. In a few years when the gold items are low they could do the same. Maybe offer other beta items from time to time, but at the same time people who have certain items really enjoy how rare they are. But when you are the player, in the middle of no where who plays for fun and never visits the park, you want something too. It's as simple as that. :cwink:

    I think the biggest item that is rare that should be released more often would be costumes and possibly more costumes, even if slight modifications are made to say the dresses, hats, etc.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Will rares be unrare?

      Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
      While I understand the desire for rare items not to be re-released, I do see something happening. Players with these items might not be playing that often. New players come and go and characters often have lots of items in their inventory that might never see the light of day ever again.

      With that being said, I think that some items should return once or twice a year, if only for a day or two. A good example of this would be the green Mickey's PhilarMagic chair. In a few years when the gold items are low they could do the same. Maybe offer other beta items from time to time, but at the same time people who have certain items really enjoy how rare they are. But when you are the player, in the middle of no where who plays for fun and never visits the park, you want something too. It's as simple as that. :cwink:

      I think the biggest item that is rare that should be released more often would be costumes and possibly more costumes, even if slight modifications are made to say the dresses, hats, etc.

      Good points but people really want these items because their rare..i mean are green flips any better than red flips if they wernt rare?..not really..so who actually wants them if they realease a bunch. but a day release everyone and awhile would be a good idea..

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Will rares be unrare?

        There's a part of me that feels that, after all, this is just a game. I would really like to have a green flying saucer because I like the flying saucers and a green one would look nice with my other ones. I'd love to have a complete collection of Rocket Couches for the same reason. It's not real stuff. It's pictures of stuff... purchased with pretend money. It would be nice if we could all have the things we want.

        But...

        I also believe that Uncle Walt was a great teacher and a believer in the lessons of life. One of those lessons is: Things don't always come easily. You have to work hard and be clever if you want everything. I appreciate when something rare is made available... like in this past weekend's pin trading bash. I was able to acquire a lot of unavailable pins. But, I had to click, click, click to get into the room... endure the dc monster... and choose wisely and trade away some pins that I worked very hard to acquire. I get a great sense of satisfaction from making a good trade for an item I covet. One appreciates things more if one has to work a bit for them.

        I would certainly love to see ALL rares re-released to give us a chance to get them... but I would not want to see them just put up for sale in the Emporium. Make them available, but a little tricky to get.

        I've worked hard to acquire interesting items to trade for the stuff I want. I've worked hard to acquire over 630,000 credits to be able to buy the stuff I want. I work hard to get into host games over and over to get the stuff I want. That's how real life works.

        It's a great lesson.

        You will never find me begging for codes. I'm too busy playing the game, having a great time and building my empire!
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
        -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


        When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Will rares be unrare?

          Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
          There's a part of me that feels that, after all, this is just a game. I would really like to have a green flying saucer because I like the flying saucers and a green one would look nice with my other ones. I'd love to have a complete collection of Rocket Couches for the same reason. It's not real stuff. It's pictures of stuff... purchased with pretend money. It would be nice if we could all have the things we want.

          But...

          I also believe that Uncle Walt was a great teacher and a believer in the lessons of life. One of those lessons is: Things don't always come easily. You have to work hard and be clever if you want everything. I appreciate when something rare is made available... like in this past weekend's pin trading bash. I was able to acquire a lot of unavailable pins. But, I had to click, click, click to get into the room... endure the dc monster... and choose wisely and trade away some pins that I worked very hard to acquire. I get a great sense of satisfaction from making a good trade for an item I covet. One appreciates things more if one has to work a bit for them.

          I would certainly love to see ALL rares re-released to give us a chance to get them... but I would not want to see them just put up for sale in the Emporium. Make them available, but a little tricky to get.

          I've worked hard to acquire interesting items to trade for the stuff I want. I've worked hard to acquire over 630,000 credits to be able to buy the stuff I want. I work hard to get into host games over and over to get the stuff I want. That's how real life works.

          It's a great lesson.

          You will never find me begging for codes. I'm too busy playing the game, having a great time and building my empire!

          Brilliant post and I agree whole heartingly.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Will rares be unrare?

            As Yavn said in his "Yavn Speaks" article. He said Stitch hat or Green flips will be on sale if people want it back.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Will rares be unrare?

              Idea: High Price, One Day.
              For those who "couldnt afford it, or missed it" then think of this way. Now theres more people to trade with and they might take it for less. For people who got it. look at it this way. You got it.
              Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Will rares be unrare?

                I would love for them to bring out some rare again!
                :love:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Will rares be unrare?

                  I want green flips so bad! That's one of the items I want to come out. At least that one I would love

                  SP :ctongue:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Will rares be unrare?

                    He said some items wont be re-released, while others have a chane to be released again.. if we want it.. so far half of all votes say released once to twice a year...

                    Rare becomeing unrare might upset the balance of vmk... or change it forever...

                    some items will remain rare and never be available again, making people find new ways to offer items for them...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Will rares be unrare?

                      Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                      As Yavn said in his "Yavn Speaks" article. He said Stitch hat or Green flips will be on sale if people want it back.
                      Actually, he says "don't hold your breath," which implies they will always be rare.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Will rares be unrare?

                        I voted for Once or twice a year

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Will rares be unrare?

                          I dont know why some people voted "be on sale all the time" then duhhh they wouldnt be rare anymore?!
                          Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Will rares be unrare?

                            Originally posted by Zaris View Post
                            I dont know why some people voted "be on sale all the time" then duhhh they wouldnt be rare anymore?!
                            it's to give an idea of what people want....

                            VMK can always take this public survey and loose the data... lol

                            but they do this to see what people want...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Will rares be unrare?

                              I would love for rare to be released again. More & more players keep coming. Which means there is less and less rare for them.
                              :love:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X