This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMK Staff How do you become one

How in the world do you become staff:lol:. I ask the Vmk Staff But they Said it was a secret i mean come on i want to make money too . that is the easiest job out there. Well if anyone knows anything or has a comment plz reply

___:bow: HOST_ForEverLiveStrong:bow:

_______:thumbup: :thumbup: JK LOL :thumbup: :thumbup:

Re: VMK Staff How do you become one

Well first of all, that job isnt easy whats so ever. They have to take precious time out of there day and must be on vmk and a certain time. They have to solve everyones problems which they get 200 mailed in 1 minute.
    They have to answer everyones questions, which they're are alot.
    They have to help fix bugs.
    They have to answer all CL applactions

Plus to add on top, they aren't kids, i would say they are around 30-40 years old.

Comment

Not to mention, they are all programmers and probably very experienced ones.

They answer all the calls for help, host games, go through all the stuff going into the the Black Hole (contact us emails), work on bugs, create quests, etc etc

It's a real job, and from what I know from others, getting a job at Disney is not easy. They have very high customer service and quality standards...though I don't seem to see those present on VMK all the time.

It's not a job that they are going to advertise within the game.

Most likely, it's something that you'd actually have to apply and have interviews for through like Monster.com or something.

"Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up?" ~Batman Begins

Comment

ppl i didnt mean to sound like there jobs is easy i know that but do you know how to become a community leader or a staff plz let me know thx bye

P.S. I didnt mean to ok. : )

Comment

Please check the community leader post for that.
          For staff you have to go to an interview like any other job.

Comment

where at
            Last edited by Allitalianboy; 01-02-2007, 01:00 AM. Reason: tripple post

Comment

For CL apps, you go to Contact US on the VMK homepage. It has a drop down that says becoming a CL.

From my own efforts, I'll tell you it requires you to have been logged on a certain amount of times/hours before it even lets you apply. Then, when I had finally been on enough, they wrote back and said right now they are not taking applications, that they will post it on the homepage when they are.

Though, I recently see some people becoming them, so I wonder what that's about...

As for VMK Staff, I think they are located in Cali, because all the host games are in PST. I could be wrong. You would probably have to find the site where Disney posts their employment opportunities, fill out an application (if it's an open position), and meet certain requirements (age, technical degrees, etc) before they grant an interview.

That's just a guess.

You could also use Contact Us and ask about it, though replies from that are very very VERY slooooow.

Comment

thx

Comment

You have to have an AA Degree for the minimum requirment for a Staff.

Comment

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...48&postcount=3

See this also about CL apps.

Comment

Thx so much

Comment

About 6 or so months ago, I had the opportunity to apply for VMK staff through Sulake. Here's a basic general outline of the job requirements (not everything in the job description is included here...I'm just posting a general idea):

Desired skills:
                        a. Internet and computer savvy
                        b. Excellent typing ability
                        c. Good communication skills
                        d. Customer service experience
                        e. Supervisory experience
                        f. Ability to be fair and impartial
                        g. Cool, calm exterior
                        h. Ability to deal with frustrated / angry teens and their parents
                        i. Problem-solving skills

Job requirements
                        a. Internet connection and working computer
                        b. Telephone connection
                        c. Criminal background check
                        d. Dealing with Calls for Help from teen players
                        e. Communicating with team members regularly
                        f. Problem-solving, troubleshooting
                        g. Providing shift reports to team members and Community Manager
                        h. Moderating within the game as needed
                        i. Using staff-specific web tools as required
                        Now if you're looking to be a tester, you will need to have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and have experience in programming as well as beta testing. And you will need to apply with the Disney Interactive Group.

Comment

[quote=Allitalianboy;957296]How in the world do you become staff:lol:. I ask the Vmk Staff But they Said it was a secret i mean come on i want to make money too . that is the easiest job out there. Well if anyone knows anything or has a comment plz reply[/quote
                          vmk staff means they created the game so you cant be in the staff
                          nice fine cute patient and looking for my 1. girl
                          :yea: :yea: :yea: :yea: :yea: :yea:Vmk-Unit Rocks!!!!!!!!!lol

Vmk-Unit is back!
                          www.vmkunit.piczo.com

Comment

First off you already have a post just like this. Second off the only staff you can be would be a communit leader. And they dont get paid. Its very hard you go around basically donating your time to vmk.. The only paid job was to go to disney apply for a job, have gone to college and have a degree, and they accept you as a programmer. Then you can get paid. But somehow i dont see that happening.
                            Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

Comment

Seriously there job is not easy.But almost everyone who play vmk want there job.Since everyone crowds around you and you have all the popularity.And get to create new things.And get to have new things that have not come out.I mean if you were a staff member and you went to your room in a about 1 to 5 minutes later the entire room will be full and on the popular list or maybe even in a shorter amount of time! So if you want to be a staff member do not just think that on the all the fun sides of being one think more on the hard parts of being one...I am done
                              Do you have the game in you?
                              Designed Userbars Ask before use.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
                                About 6 or so months ago, I had the opportunity to apply for VMK staff through Sulake. Here's a basic general outline of the job requirements (not everything in the job description is included here...I'm just posting a general idea):

Now if you're looking to be a tester, you will need to have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and have experience in programming as well as beta testing. And you will need to apply with the Disney Interactive Group.

I assume it's part time. How well does it pay - seriously. I don't have my BS in computers (its in engineering) but I have handled system administration for a number of different nationwide systems for the phone company. Plus I have done customer service (try irate customers calling you at 1:00 AM because they have static). I figure since I am on VMK so much as it is, I might as well get paid for it (if it pays decently of course)

(and I do beta testing as well )

-dave
                                "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                                "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

the job requires patience, and a lot of patience, and the ability to make reports of your daily work.

issues and other things.

you have to be dedicated if you wish to do this...

and you do not have to be in california or Orlando to do it, just be able to be on conference calls when they meet.

or so i read..

Comment

To join the VMK staff, begin here:
                                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaris View Post
                                      First off you already have a post just like this. Second off the only staff you can be would be a communit leader. And they dont get paid. Its very hard you go around basically donating your time to vmk.. The only paid job was to go to disney apply for a job, have gone to college and have a degree, and they accept you as a programmer. Then you can get paid. But somehow i dont see that happening.

I agree with you in ways. But i think if you want to be one you should look at ALL sides of being one and what is required of you to do it.:rules:

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
                                      "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                                        To join the VMK staff, begin here:

I look on there every so often, just because I always keep my options open and I am always looking. But the closest market that Disney is in for me is New York city. I worked hard to get my job OUT of NYC - I don't need to be sucked back in. The time and expense of commuting (figure $120 and 35 hours per month) plus the wonderful city tax would mean any company that could lure me back into NYC would either have to give me a nice salary bump or some really nice perks.

I did not see a "work at home" option on that site. If I could pick up something that was worth my time that I could do from home, that would be perfect. Even better would be working for Disney and getting any associated perks.

-dave
                                        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                                        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X