This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Book Chat

I read some of Inkheart, but it was my teacher's book and then we moved right after I started it. I just never got around to actually getting the book, and I just forgot, I suppose.

Comment

I also like this book called Fifteen.

It's very interestin yet so..."High School Stupid"
      *Pokes*

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
        Out of those, I have read the Harry Potter series, Series of Unfortunate Events, Witch of Blackbird Pond, and Number the Stars.
        LOL, most ppl don't read the same books as me..IM PICKY

I read some of Inkheart, but it was my teacher's book and then we moved right after I started it. I just never got around to actually getting the book, and I just forgot, I suppose.
        It's good so:
        FINISH IT! heh

Comment

It was okay, but, as you can see, I like a lot of historical-fiction, historical-based, memoirs, and only some fiction series. I also like mythology, remember the mythology book. lol
          Try reading some cautionaries (like Fahrenheit 451), novels with satire, or ironic short stories (for quick entertainment).

Comment

It was okay, but, as you can see, I like a lot of historical-fiction, historical-based, memoirs, and only some fiction series. I also like mythology, remember the mythology book. lol
            Try reading some cautionaries (like Fahrenheit 451), novels with satire, or ironic short stories (for quick entertainment).
            I'm just random at picking me books =]]
            i normally read recommendations though

night i gtg

Comment

Okay, good night!

Comment

Originally posted by skateprincesariel View Post
                I <3 these books =]]
                (yes I like some of the same as Jaybeth)

Holes By Louis Sachar
                Small Steps By Louis Sachar
                Series of Unfortunate Events By Lemony Snicket
                Harry Potter Books By J.K Rowling
                The Molly Moon Series By Georgia Byng
                Lily Crossing By Patricia Reilly
                The Charlie Bone Series By Jenny Nimmo
                Inkheart and Inkspell By Cornelia Funke
                Dragon Rider By Cornelia Funke
                The Theif Lord By Cornelia Funke
                Eragon and Eldest By Christopher Paolini
                The Whitch of Blackbird Pond By Elizabeth George Speare
                Homeless Bird By Gloria Whelan
                Number the Stars By Louis Lowry
                I forgot about Cornelia Funke!I can't believe I did!Her books ROCK!Isn't theif spelled thief?lol

Comment

So has anyone else read any of the books on my list? I know most of you have read the Harry Potter series, and Moon has read Memoirs of a Geisha.

Comment

Is the book A Child Called "It" good?

I see alot of people reading it.
                    *Pokes*

Comment

It is amazing! A must-read, but it made me cry at several times.

Comment

Oh yeah, I've read Millicent Min, Girl Genius. That one was cool.
                        I haven't read many books on these lists though.

If there is one book I have to recommend, it would be On Pointe. :thumbup: Great book, especially if you know anything about ballet. Even if you don't, it's still good.

So that's all.
                        sigpic

Comment

It is amazing! A must-read, but it made me cry at several times.
                          Awesome, i'll read it and see how it is.

Even some of the "cool" people in school read it...must be really amazing lol.
                          *Pokes*

Comment

You actually have a "cool" group at your school? I have only seen those on television.

Comment

The Molly Moon series is good, but, it gets a little strange toward the end on the 3rd book... It's good, but a little weird..

And as for Meg Cabot, I'll decribe each of her books/series:

The Princess Diaries (7 books as of now). Most people know about these books. But they are about a girl named Mia who's grandmother tells her she is the princess of a small European country named Genovia. While dealing with princess lessons, so she can later rule Genovia, she is dating her best friend's brother, which can be hard sometimes..

Mediator Series ( 6 books). Suze is a mediator, a liason(sp?) between both worlds, or in other worlds, she can see and talk to dead people. The only problem is, she has a crush on one of the ghosts, a hot 18th century guy named Jesse. Can she work it out between them, or is she doomed to a broken heart?

1-800-WHERE-R-U Series (4 books). A girl (forgot her name) is hit by lightning one day on her way home from school, and she gets the ability to find missing people by simply looking at a picture of them, and that night dreaming where they are. Sounds like a good power, right? But what if they don't want to be found? The only problem is, the FBI is hounding her to use her abilities to find criminals on most wanted lists. So what will she do? (Yes this series contains a hot guy too..

Teen Idol. About another girl, who runs a school advice collum. And then a teen idol comes to town, and something happens, can't really remember what though..

All American Girl and Ready or Not. Samantha Madison seems to get no brakes in life. Her oldest sister is the most popular girl in school, and her little sister is a certified genious. So how can it get worse? Maybe, if she happens to save the president's life, and her school picture is shown on the news all around the world.. Plus, she might just be in love with the president's son..
                              Note: The second book, Ready or Not, contains the big S-e-x. But none of her other books has this in it.. yet..

Avalon High. If it isn't bad enough that Ellie's parents embarrass her on a daily basis, they make her move all the way across the country to a whole new school.. which might not be so bad.. Because there's a hot guy there who has his eye on you.. The only problem is, what if he happens to be the reencarnation of King Author? The famous tale is retold in this thrilling, and one of my personal favorite, book.

How to Be Popular. Steph Landry is tired of being "unpopular" so to say, so she desides to put the "book" , a guide on how to be popular she found in an attic, into action. But what if popularity isn't all it seems to be? And what if you lose your best friend, and possible boy friend, in the process?

Ok, that's all I can remember right now, but there are some more, and they are all very good books, but again, they are more for girls than boys.. just saying.

Hmm.. I sounded like an advertisment..

Comment

lol. We sorta have a "cool group" at school too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Notice how I quoted "cool" because they just think they are all that lol.

I didn't know they knew what a book was but I saw this girl reading that book. She was in a zone of reading it...must of liked it alot.
                                  *Pokes*

Comment

Do others just laugh at them. or do others actually think they are "cool"?

Comment

Do others just laugh at them. or do others actually think they are "cool"?
                                      They just chill around and make fun of people who aren't as apealing at them. They especially make fun of us, freshmens.
                                      *Pokes*

Comment

Originally posted by HarvestMoonRocks View Post
                                        Is the book A Child Called "It" good?

I see alot of people reading it.
                                        I laugh whenever I hear that book name :lol: There's this kid who goes to my school named Itamar, and he knows the history teacher very well. So whenever Itamar rasies his hand in class, our teacher says, "What'da ya want, It?" Get it? I child called It!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, I'll stop now..

Comment

lol
                                          sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X