X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied
    Re: Book Chat

Is that even close to what it is was about?

Leave a comment:

• danceguest
    replied

Im reading diary of anne frank right now.

Leave a comment:

• Princess_Crystin
    replied

Lol

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied

Wait, I think I may have read that. All I remember is that: it had something to do with a moor, fairies, and people. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Princess_Crystin
    replied

Among The Hidden series is very enjoyable.It's not specifically about 1 hidden child but still fun to read.Best to read in order(as always).

The Moor Child is also a good book but I read it so long ago,I forgot the author lol.

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied

Originally posted by HarvestMoonRocks View Post
    Morning.
    My mom has her book The Lady In The Tower.
    I read it and I own it!

Leave a comment:

• Jaybeth
    replied

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Hmm.. that's not very nice.

She should read some of his comedies. Or maybe just wait a few years and try again? It really isn't that bad. But if she does continue to NOT enjoy them she shouldn't major in English.
    I wouldn't worry about me majoring in English..

Although we did learn some nice Shakesperean insults in English on Friday ) Ever get annoyed with someone? Tell them that they are a beef-witted, reechy, fen-sucked, measle, seemy, quat-head. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Vmk_Addict
    replied

Who's Your Daddy is pretty good but The Darren Shan Series is realllllllly good

Leave a comment:

• HarvestMoonRocks
    replied

Morning.
    My mom has her book The Lady In The Tower.

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied

Good morning, all!

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied

Has anyone here read any Jean Plaidy novels?

Leave a comment:

• Vegetarian_Girl595
    replied

I like to read sometimes... BUT The Among the Hidden Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix is good, it is a low reading level, like 6th grade but the books are very good. It's about a third child that is forced to hide in the attic so the population police won't find him. He can't go outside anymore because of the demolishing of the woods around his house. He becomes very obversant through vents in the roof of the attic, and sees a girl's face in the window of another house where he knows two other children already live.

Another really good series is the Series of Unfortunate events by "Lemony Snicket"

AND The Molly Moon series is wonderful too

Leave a comment:

• dubeskin
    replied

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Most books are.

I might read it, but I have others that are higher up on my list to read right now - such as Theories of Human Communication. :croll:
    Ooooooooo. Sounds like a VERY interesting book! I will have to read that one next!

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Originally posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    If you do find time, read it because the book is even better then the movie.
    Most books are.

I might read it, but I have others that are higher up on my list to read right now - such as Theories of Human Communication. :croll:

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied

If you do find time, read it because the book is even better then the movie.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Have you ever read Memoirs of a Geisha?
    I must admit I am not one for reading. You would think having a boyfriend who works part time a book store (believe it or not Nikkidancer! :lol that I would take advanage of that discount past just the media items... but no. There are some classic books I would like to read but I haven't gotten the chance to do so. The last book I read for pleasure was Star - by Pam Anderson (I like her.)

I read enough in college and enough news that I can only do so much. My roommate read it and suggested it to me. I was finally able to see the film (as I missed it last fall when I was in Florida) and I enjoyed it. Maybe some day...

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied

Have you ever read Memoirs of a Geisha?

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Jaybeth has a vendetta against Shakespeare...
    Hmm.. that's not very nice.

She should read some of his comedies. Or maybe just wait a few years and try again? It really isn't that bad. But if she does continue to NOT enjoy them she shouldn't major in English.

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Ivory_Rocks
    replied

Jaybeth has a vendetta against Shakespeare...

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Some critics believe that Truman Capote "gave" the novel, To Kill a Mockingbird, to Harper Lee.
    Who cares. It's evil. That's all that matters.

Shakespeare is much more enjoyable, especially Much Ado About Nothing. But we can save plays for another time.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X