LOL
      Don't you mean "corn knee like a fly"?
      ROFL

Comment

• Re: Book Chat

Originally posted by danceguest View Post
        I could like take a picture of each page for you to read it
        :lol:
        That would be awesome, but you don't have to.

Comment

Lol, im trying to beat kill mosiqueto thing.

Comment

Danceguest: The #1 cause of death for the mosquito population! How awful!
            ROFL

Comment

Im allirgic, oqee, eyes now hurt lol

Ok well one day when i have time i will take picture of it.

Comment

LOL
                I fogot to ask: what are the number of referrals a member has (in someone's profile)?

Comment

Huh

Comment

Nvm...

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
                      I see, when you read the words and do not become a part of the novel, in a way, it can seem confusing. If you really want to read a certain book, but are having trouble understanding it, staying focused, or enjoying it try annotating the book (this helps you understand a novel more and become a part of it). Also, get two copies if you like to have a nice, "clean" copy.
                      Annotating personally to me never seemed like a way to get hooked into a novel. It's just something that takes your mind off of what is going on and makes you stop the immersion, jot down your note in the margin, and then go back into the story. Too choppy for me.

And this is coming from an English teacher.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I don't need annotating, but I know people who find it very helpful. I do, however, enjoy being able to look back at the thoughts I had, at the time, and reflect upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                          Annotating personally to me never seemed like a way to get hooked into a novel. It's just something that takes your mind off of what is going on and makes you stop the immersion, jot down your note in the margin, and then go back into the story. Too choppy for me.

And this is coming from an English teacher.
                          Doing that in a fiction book - no.

Doing it in a textbook for class - that is another.

Comment

lady u read the dave pelzer book "a child called it"
                            it was so wonderful , wasnt it!
                            i mean not what the boy had to go through but the book u know!
                            did u know there is a book
                            32 i cant wait to read i cant find it anywhere though time to go to the library!

im currently reading timeline by micheal Christchin
                            ait's a wonderful book as well

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                              Doing that in a fiction book - no.

Doing it in a textbook for class - that is another.
                              i agree~
                              i usually have no trouble sticking with a book because

if i dont like it i dont read it if it dosent entertain me or give me information i am actually into thatn whats the point of reading it?

know if it is an assigned book.. thats a whole nother story!

sorry for the double post!

Comment

If you enjoyed A Child Called "It", try out the sequels: The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family, by Dave Pelzer and
                                A Man Named Dave: A Story of Triumph and Forgiveness, by Dave Pezler as well. Also, his brother wrote the following: A Brother's Journey: Surviving a Childhood of Abuse, by Richard B. Pezler. I, myself, haven't gotten around to buying these novels (I must have forgotten after a while), but I should buy them very soon because I loved the first book!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
                                  If you enjoyed A Child Called "It", try out the sequels: The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family, by Dave Pelzer and
                                  A Man Named Dave: A Story of Triumph and Forgiveness, by Dave Pezler as well. Also, his brother wrote the following: A Brother's Journey: Surviving a Childhood of Abuse, by Richard B. Pezler. I, myself, haven't gotten around to buying these novels (I must have forgotten after a while), but I should buy them very soon because I loved the first book!
                                  oh wow i didnt know there were that many sequals! i cant wait to read them i really want to read the one by his brother

Comment

On my first thread, I said I would have listed House on Mango Street, by Sandra Cisneros, but I hadn't finished it. I did yesterday (I haven't been really reading it, and I just started actively reading it Tuesday), so I just wanted to tell all of you that it was wonderful!!! For those of you who may not realize, the broken English in some parts is simply a good use of tone. Flamingo, we all know you know this, but some of the younger users may not. Cisneros was basically trying write English in Spanish; in other words, she was developing the idea of the hispanic background.

Everyone, if you have the time, at least read the synopsis.

Comment

Lol book report coming up. Yippy!

Comment

Has anyone read the book Night? Or The Giver?
                                        *Pokes*

Comment

I have read Night, by Elie Wiesel (it is on my list).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X