Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on how to avoid being reported for no reason by a mean person?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips on how to avoid being reported for no reason by a mean person?

It's happening to my friend all the time and she gets banned for like a month. Any tips on how to pass the time and how to avoid evil people who love to take the jot of VMK away from innocent players just because they feel like it and filters?
    Thanks FlAmAbLe

Re: Any tips on how to avoid being reported for no reason by a mean person?

Hmm. If people are just clicking report, they shouldn't ban your friend. There has to be a reason to ban someone. Most likely your friend is doing something agianst the rules, and people are reporting her for that. But you can't get banned just because someone clicked report.

Comment

Yeah this has happend me from experience, by a guest. i was soooooo mad. it was my first Ban (and my only one) i wanted to be a Community Leader soo bad, but now i cant :-( and today someone tried to report me for no reason but i didnt get a ban. and then another person Reported me but THAT person got a ban bc i didnt do anything.

my aunt is new to VMK. she went on it last night gor the first time. she went into a guest room and then minamized VMK. she went to check her e-mail and when she came back... EVERYone was yelling at her "MOVE or i will REPORT you!!" so many ppl were yelling at her! She had no clue what was going on! so she quickly exited out of VMK. she told me this today, here is the one line i said to her.
      "VMK is fun, but you ALWAYS gotta watch your back!"

Comment

Oh, and One more think- (about the pass times)
        If you are banned from VMK..
        DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACOUNT AND USE THAT ONE INSTEAD
        you may not done something, but the staff thinks you shouldnt be in the park. sooo...... be fair. if they Wanted you to come back, then they wouldnt of ban you! so just dont come back untill the time is right!

--->go outside and exersize. dont be a Mouse Potato!! ;-)

(or a couch potato)

sorry bout the double post

Comment

[quote=KrazyMagic;965038]Yeah this has happend me from experience, by a guest. i was soooooo mad. it was my first Ban (and my only one) i wanted to be a Community Leader soo bad, but now i cant :-( and today someone tried to report me for no reason but i didnt get a ban. and then another person Reported me but THAT person got a ban bc i didnt do anything.

my aunt is new to VMK. she went on it last night gor the first time. she went into a guest room and then minamized VMK. she went to check her e-mail and when she came back... EVERYone was yelling at her "MOVE or i will REPORT you!!" so many ppl were yelling at her! She had no clue what was going on! so she quickly exited out of VMK. she told me this today, here is the one line i said to her.
          "VMK is fun, but you ALWAYS gotta watch your back!"[/quote]

Ok the by the guest thing. You dont know who reported you if you get reported. You never can tell. People may say i will report you, but that may not always be them.

Ok, you dont know when someone gets banned.
          VMK staff dont say- "[ enter name here ] got banned!"
          And if they did get banned it isn't from reporting you for no reason, staff dont do that.
          Last edited by danceguest; 09-25-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Careful with what you say to people.

Sometimes it's best to talk about trades or exit out of them quickly, ignore the user, etc. I believe that if you have the person ignored and they report you it should pull up some sort of flag in their system.

Also be careful discussing things that aren't related to VMK in vmk. Sure you might have real life friends, or friends from MiceChat but don't discuss it on there. Personally, I tend to get at least one message a day (especially on the weekends) about something on MiceChat and I am scared that I will get banned about it! (Remember, email [email protected] if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need me to look at something, get something closed, etc. - or any other mod too!)

Comment

As far as I know, in well over a year of playing, I've never been reported. I know for a fact I've never been warned or banned. The only person who ever threatened me was some knucklehead who said he would report if I didn't trade him my Sparrow coat for the junk he offered. I closed the trade window and said "You just go ahead and report me then" and never heard anything else. Maybe its because I don't hang out in certain types of rooms where the knuckleheads hang out. Does this always happen in free stuff rooms, or cute or boot rooms or something like that? What do you all do that draws these people out? Where do you find these people?
              Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

If a person reports you for no reason. Staff doesnt listen to the report. They investigate it. The false report player will most likely get busted.

Comment

Just mind your own business and dot try to be the social person constantly- or just go do something else =)
                  the oc freak. <3*

Comment

Yeah. Thanks. I'm not so obsessed that I'd create another account just so I could play VMK until my ban expired.
                    Thanks FlAmAbLe

Comment

I only report people when they are poor losers and start to use "fake" bad language. I always get a note from VMK saying that they are going to check their records and deal with the problem. So, they have a way of looking at previous conversations.
                      sigpic
                      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

What do you say. Im tired of poor sports in pirates who are like.
                        ### you, you all ###!
                        I ### hate you all.

Grow up. Its a game.

Comment

You can still become Community Leader if you're banned.It just depends on how long and what the ban was for.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Crystin View Post
                            You can still become Community Leader if you're banned.It just depends on how long and what the ban was for.

Where did you hear this? I have never been banned but I have been warned before. Lily tells me that isn't something to keep you from becoming a CL but I always thought if you have been banned then you can't become one. Can you site your source?

Comment

To me, it should be that if the crime was serious, u can't be a CL - but if you get banned bc someone else felt like it, and u just get banned, your chances shouldn't be cut. I got banned for saying "floor id a" ( on another account, not my current one ) and I thought that it wasn't fair that my CL chances for that account would be overruled... I think it should be based on what kind of a person you really are, not what you were banned for, unless it really was a serious crime ( like scamming someone, or falsely reporting that person ).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X