This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prevent DC

Everyone knows about the DC monster, as they call it. He comes and spoils your fun, making you waste 3 minutes of your vmk playing time to sign back in and possible lose progress in whatever you were doing. Heres some ways to prevent that stupid dc monster from attacking you.
    -Note these tips are mainly for people who are getting on vmk for credits for halloween. These tips are not meant for people getting on just to chat with friends etr. however they might still help-

1. Some say vmkpal has helped them not dc. Well its been the opposite for me, not only do my minigames run faster and smoother in my regular server (firefox) but i do not dc as much.

2. Make sure no other programs are running while playing vmk. I've often tried to play vmk with AIM and Itunes running in the background. Well let me tell you. You CAN NOT i repeat CAN NOT do this. Your computer can not handle running such big programs all at once. Exit out of them completely.

3. One way to speed up the way it runs is to hit ctrl alt delete, click on the processes tab, and find (depending on what your running on) VMKpal, firefox, internet explorer, netscape whatever. Right click on the process, and look for where it says change/set priority. Right now the priority should be on normal, which means all programs are equal. Change it to High, and your computer will focus more on running VMK than any other background programs its secretly running.

4. Get some background on your computers hook up. If your computer is wirelessly connected to the internet your going to run a little slower simply because your connection is slower. If you have dial up, im sorry for you but you will be getting dc faster than i can say dc. If you are directly connected to the internet through your wall or whatever, youll be faster.

5. Dont talk unless needed. If your on to get credits, your on to get credits, you shouldnt need to go up to some random person and start chattin there ear off. You will find it easier to go through vmk if you dont talk a lot.

6. Have fun, do what you need to do, and get those credits before halloween. Forget the dc monster and lock him in a cage!
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

Re: How to prevent DC

Wonderful tips! Good things for not only beginners to know.

Comment

I thought of something else but forgot. BTW this is part one in my help guides coming up. Tomorrows guide, credit farming! the many ways.
      Day after that.. eh i dunno i'll think of something.
      Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

Comment

I've said this before but just hit F5 when the message comes up. Don't hit 'OK' or whatever. Just hit F5 when you see the dc message. It will just reload and you don't have to log back in. I have a good computer and all but still it takes about 15 seconds to reload so it's not a huge deal.

Comment

Great Tips!

Made by me

Comment

What should be the file name that I set to high priority?
            "Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods." -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by FlAmMaBle View Post
              I've said this before but just hit F5 when the message comes up.
              And do this right before you get in line for any staff event. If you try for more than 5 minutes and don't get in, go ahead and F5 it again.
              Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by SportsGuy View Post
                What should be the file name that I set to high priority?
                under the processes tab at the top. if your running vmk in VMKpal its VMKpal if its Internet explorer its internet explorer or explorer, mozilla firefox, netscape etr.

Comment

Another tip that can help to speed up your computer : Defragment it on regular frequency if you dont do it already
                  =)

Comment

HUH?! THERE is a browser called VMKPAL i never knew that... but the dc monster will always get you sooner or after so why bother!..

Credits are easy to get for me that is.. i have 768569 [email protected]@! LOL i play potc everyday! oh yea i know it not allowed in VMK but im being nice if you dont report me and you will find me in vmk and you say you want credits and say the password mice vmk to me i will bring you to a secret room where you trade me rare i give you credits for them.. only offer for MICECHAT peeps
                    Hiya!~

I'm Diamond_Princess here and on VMK!!!!!

Trade me these: (If have!)

Green Ears
                    Green Pants
                    Blue Ears
                    Red Ears
                    Mansion Suits
                    Any Magic
                    Extra Dresses
                    Any Costumes
                    Inferno
                    Theater Sets
                    Ebay Poster

Comment

thanks frot he tips guys and is there somewhere where I can get VMKpal?
                      the oc freak. <3*

Comment

www.vmkpal.com
                        its a program, you can save multiple usernames and passwords, take easy screenshots. and thats really all its good for.

Comment

VMKPal is awesome.

Comment

Thank You!
                            the oc freak. <3*

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
                              VMKPal is awesome.
                              Very =)
                              the oc freak. <3*

Comment

HEY IVE BEEN BANNED FOR NO REASON AND BANNED FOR EXACTLY A MONTH!! OMG IT SAYS I USE VULGAR LANGUAGE BUT I NEVER DID THEY PROBABLY BAN WRONG PERSON! IF SOMEONE CAN DO ME A FAVOR GO BUY ME THE COSTUMES ON SALE AND TELL ME WHAT THEY MYSTERY ITEMS ARE AND THEN ILL DECIDE IF I WANT THEM TOO BUY THEM ILL PAY YOU BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TYVM!!

Costumes i already want to buy:
                                Yellow Dress
                                Black Mansion
                                (might want mystery item)

blue dress
                                native american costume
                                (might want mystery)

exlporer suit
                                pink hero costume

whoever helps me buy these on halloween i be very happy and ill pay you exactly what you paid for them and ill add more for doing me this favor. ty

Comment

Originally posted by VMK_Diamonds View Post
                                  HEY IVE BEEN BANNED FOR NO REASON AND BANNED FOR EXACTLY A MONTH!! OMG IT SAYS I USE VULGAR LANGUAGE BUT I NEVER DID THEY PROBABLY BAN WRONG PERSON! IF SOMEONE CAN DO ME A FAVOR GO BUY ME THE COSTUMES ON SALE AND TELL ME WHAT THEY MYSTERY ITEMS ARE AND THEN ILL DECIDE IF I WANT THEM TOO BUY THEM ILL PAY YOU BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TYVM!!

Costumes i already want to buy:
                                  Yellow Dress
                                  Black Mansion
                                  (might want mystery item)

blue dress
                                  native american costume
                                  (might want mystery)

exlporer suit
                                  pink hero costume

whoever helps me buy these on halloween i be very happy and ill pay you exactly what you paid for them and ill add more for doing me this favor. ty
                                  This has absolutely no reason to be posted in here. This was completely off topic, you should have posted this something else, but sorry im not sure many people will get you extra items without knowing you at all.

Comment

yes, i see u are a new member.. my advice is to make another character..

Comment

Hello my whole ip adress in banned.. how do you think that making another character will work? i dont even know why im banned.. the thing is that if your people trust me and you buy me those stuff i will pay you back ASAP as i get in vmk because im banned for the whole month of october so no costumes for me i guess cant believe everyone does not trust me OMG

Comment

oh yea i do have credits but only on my diamond_princess account if i make new one i wont even have enough to buy a part of a costume ;( who is it always me?

oh yea sorry for posting this here but i just thought of it and since im here i just posted it here sorry very sad i guess if no one will do me that favor then ill probably need to wait to next year i cant believe that staff ban me at this time im mad that they ban wrong person i did say anything mean to anyone and it says i ignore vmk values and wont be able to get in for using vulgar language... why me? will someone do me that favor plz plz

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X