This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haunted Mansion

Is it just me or is this game a little trickier lately? The new room layouts can be challenging, for sure. But, it also seems that the different colors of ghosts hang out with each other a little more. I can't tell you how many times a nice fat group of my ghosts have a couple of body guards of the opposite color!

One thing that may be unique to my computer: When you have more people playing, your little ghost hunter can move a little jerkily. Sometimes he (or she) will stop for a second then jump ahead. It seems that often when an enemy ghost is very close to catching me, my guy will stop and wait to get tagged! Arrrgh!

I saw something unique tonight in a game. We were in the stretching room and there were a couple of coffins at the center of the lower floor. A purple ghost emerged from the coffin, actually LEPT INTO THE AIR and wound up on the other side of the railing! Whoa!

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Re: The Haunted Mansion

i have not played in the longest time! is it also true it gives out more credits than pirates now?

Comment

Just played the new layout tonight, for sure a little trickier in moving. Have not seen the trick you mentioned will have to be on the look out.

take that jediMihawk

Comment

The leaping ghost may have just been a stray bug, but it was amazing to see!
        "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
          i have not played in the longest time! is it also true it gives out more credits than pirates now?
          It depends on your skill level, of course, but I think they're about the same.

Comment

Leaping ghost sounds similar to the sucking a ghost right before you switch sides of the screen with the passageways trick. lol.

I agree that mansion is more difficult, but I still prefer playing that to pirates.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
              It depends on your skill level, of course, but I think they're about the same.
              Nope! Mansion gives me more credits than Pirates does - I usually just lose credits when I play Pirates.

As for the new Mansion set ups, I think that some are more easy and some are a bit more difficult.

Comment

Ship Battle usually winds up making me very little or costing me credits. I'm not that patient to chase someone around and around. I can usually make pretty good scores at Capture The Flag.

Mansion is a more consistent payer for me, though.

Comment

I saw something unique tonight in a game. We were in the stretching room and there were a couple of coffins at the center of the lower floor. A purple ghost emerged from the coffin, actually LEPT INTO THE AIR and wound up on the other side of the railing! Whoa!

I am totally CRACKING UP RIGHT NOW! I hope to see that!

Comment

I know, oops, sorry, I've got to go everyone See ya'l on VMK tomorrow

Kisses and hugs )

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                      Nope! Mansion gives me more credits than Pirates does - I usually just lose credits when I play Pirates.

I know how you feel. :lol:

Made by me

Comment

Ok I was about to make my own thread about this but I'll post here. Does the mansion game seem a bit bias sometimes? I swear it is bias against me frequently. The person I am playing against always seems to have aextra handicap of ghosts out. The score could be tied at let's say 12 and I have about two ghosts out floating around and the other person has about seven. I swear this is getting frustrating inch:
                        "Difficult takes a day
                        Impossible takes a week"
                        - Jay-Z

Comment

It does seem this way to me sometimes too. It could be that you're the better player and are keeping your ghosts swept up. But I was in a one-on-one game recently where our scores were about even. I counted 12 ghosts for my opponent and 2 ghosts for me.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it also seems that if I score way higher than my opponent in the first round, they get a big ghost count advantage in the second round.

Comment

mansion gives me 1/2 the credits that i get in pirates when my computer is BEING GOOD and I'm doing my best =]]
                            mansion kinda annoys me cuz it always freezes every once in a while for no reason, i actually saw a ghost leap across the room once too

Comment

I got 2,000 bonus credits in Mansion tonight just because. :cgrin:

Comment

wow 2000, nice

well i just played mansion today ( havent played it in like months), it is a lot nicer with out the dc bug. Averages out to give you the same amount as pirates. i like it better bc if u keep losing you wont lose credits. 21 credits adds up. Still dont think ill make bat. im trying to just trade for it . a 2,ooo bonous would help. lol

Comment

It does seem this way to me sometimes too. It could be that you're the better player and are keeping your ghosts swept up. But I was in a one-on-one game recently where our scores were about even. I counted 12 ghosts for my opponent and 2 ghosts for me.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it also seems that if I score way higher than my opponent in the first round, they get a big ghost count advantage in the second round.
                                  Yea I know exactly what you're talking about. The odds seem to always be against me when I play. I have to like manuever (sp?) around other ghosts to get to mine and my opponent's ghosts are sooo easy to get and are just floating out in the open. Eh whatever I'll play the cards I am dealt..
                                  "Difficult takes a day
                                  Impossible takes a week"
                                  - Jay-Z

Comment

hmmm... i find the game a little bit tickier but it doesnt matter what i think bc EVERYTIME I PLAY IT I GET DC//CRASHED

Comment

I have gotten DC a lot on this game right when I'm about to get into the third level, I could have had so many credits by now. I just started playing VMK so I only now this new current version of the game, but I do enjoy it because you don't lose credits.

Comment

I don't think it is tricker. If anything it is easier. I never play unless for a quest and in the last quest I broke my high score.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X