This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

I wanted to trade some items with another account on my computer, but when I signed them in and went to the same place the other person would not show up. Along with that the same people were not even on the same place. How come the other person would not show up? Does it have something to do with my computer? Is it something I am doing? Can someone please help me? It always help to be able to use more than one account. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Please answer.
    Thanks.
    Kimby958958
    Huge Disneyland fan! Huge VMK fan!

Kimby958958 Wishlist
    Inferno Magic
    Fireworks Magic
    Stitch Hat
    Popcorn Pin
    Chicken Leg Pin
    Mickey Ice Cream Pin
    Invisiblity Magic
    Bat Magic
    Snowman Magic
    Chicken Hat
    Captain Jack Sparrow Costume
    If anyone has anything they want to trade me, just e-mail me through my account. I have several gold hats, so if anyone wants to trade me something for one or more of them, go right ahead.
    Thanks!!

Re: Help!!

Go on advanced mode, located bottom right corner of the screen. Check it and than click where you want to go than click south or something
    do the same to your other character
    make sure there both in south
    or both in north

Comment

What dance said. You may not know it, but there are different rooms of the same room. So, for example, Main street will probaly have, maybe, 4 rooms of that same room open at the same time. One main street may have 10 people in it, yet another might have no people in it at all.

Comment

the reason for the multiples of the same rooms is bc VMK would get way to crowded if it was all in one room. so they came up with this soulution. (i always go to less croweded rooms for quests or for Music Game/// and always go to most crowded to play a multiplayer game)

Comment

Ah! I never knew that, although it does seem pretty obvious! I'm always learning new things here. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by kimby958958 View Post
            I wanted to trade some items with another account on my computer, but when I signed them in and went to the same place the other person would not show up. Along with that the same people were not even on the same place. How come the other person would not show up? Does it have something to do with my computer? Is it something I am doing? Can someone please help me? It always help to be able to use more than one account. Does this happen to anyone else?
            Please answer.
            Thanks.
            Kimby958958
            As stated before, VMK has many (3-6) versions of the same room open at a time. this is for crowd control and you may only have to many members in a room before everything slows down. (I was there during the Mr.Genie's room cram of 05 nearly crashed VMK)

To better work this out, you can go to the map, click advanced, select a public room, and select a specific room. Then on your other character do the same...

Comment

Mr. Genie's room cram of '05, what was that? Sorry off topic I know, but I'm curious..

Comment

I think the absolute easiest way to do it is go to your own guest room. Then the first time you meet "yourself" you should add "your other self" as a friend. Next time you log in, go anywhere, log in your second account, then go to the envelope thing at the bottom of the screen and find your "friend" and no matter which room you are in, you can join "yourself"! (I realize that SOUNDS complicated, but it really isn't...)
                "Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods." -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

That was a little complicated, but I got it. Thanks everybody!! By the way, what was the 05 VMK crash thing?
                  Huge Disneyland fan! Huge VMK fan!

Kimby958958 Wishlist
                  Inferno Magic
                  Fireworks Magic
                  Stitch Hat
                  Popcorn Pin
                  Chicken Leg Pin
                  Mickey Ice Cream Pin
                  Invisiblity Magic
                  Bat Magic
                  Snowman Magic
                  Chicken Hat
                  Captain Jack Sparrow Costume
                  If anyone has anything they want to trade me, just e-mail me through my account. I have several gold hats, so if anyone wants to trade me something for one or more of them, go right ahead.
                  Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SportsGuy View Post
                    I think the absolute easiest way to do it is go to your own guest room. Then the first time you meet "yourself" you should add "your other self" as a friend. Next time you log in, go anywhere, log in your second account, then go to the envelope thing at the bottom of the screen and find your "friend" and no matter which room you are in, you can join "yourself"! (I realize that SOUNDS complicated, but it really isn't...)
                    Do you have to have two computers to do that? Is there a way to "trade" from one account to second account without both being online at same time?
                    I need a WDW fix!
                    :ap: dMom:squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danivara View Post
                      Do you have to have two computers to do that? Is there a way to "trade" from one account to second account without both being online at same time?

No you don't have to have two computers. I believe you log in to vmk, then hit cntrl+N at the same time. This will log you in again on that name. Then when you come on again as that name, it will log the first one out. Then you go back to the login screen and enter your other characters info. Another thing that works is getting VMK Pal, you can login there and also from vmk.com at the same time.
                      sigpic
                      Elsa's and Anna's
                      Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X