Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney WORLD in park quests (and more)

Forgive me if I cannot find this, but I looked and still cannot find the answer to my question.

I am going to WDW this comming week. Naturaly I want to load up on as much VMK stuff as possible.

I know of three in park quests:

- High School Musical
    - Thrill Seaker
    - Tomorrowland / Magic Kingdom

I also have a high score ticket from Jungle Cruse (I'll see if they take it even though its after the 9/30 expri date)

Here are my questions

1) Do i have it all, or are there some other things I should be prepared for (in park only quests you can't print out but I could bring the answers for, for example)

2) I know that its a limit of one quest per person. But is that one per person per day? My kids and I will be down there for 7 days - all of us have season passes if that makes any difference.

Thanks
    -dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Re: Disney WORLD in park quests (and more)

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
    Forgive me if I cannot find this, but I looked and still cannot find the answer to my question.

I am going to WDW this comming week. Naturaly I want to load up on as much VMK stuff as possible.

I know of three in park quests:

- High School Musical
    - Thrill Seaker
    - Tomorrowland / Magic Kingdom

I also have a high score ticket from Jungle Cruse (I'll see if they take it even though its after the 9/30 expri date)

Here are my questions

1) Do i have it all, or are there some other things I should be prepared for (in park only quests you can't print out but I could bring the answers for, for example)

2) I know that its a limit of one quest per person. But is that one per person per day? My kids and I will be down there for 7 days - all of us have season passes if that makes any difference.

Thanks
    -dave
    It's one of each quest/ticket every 90 days. So that way you and your kids can all do the quest. Be sure to print multiple copies and get the Thrill Seekers one stamped at Animal Kingdom.

Make sure that when you buy hats, candy and on-ride photos (at MK) that you get the golden ears, red penny presses, and wanted posters if they are still giving them out.

I don't know for sure which quests are still active (is Pirates still active?) - but look on vmk.com and see what they list and go from there. Read in MCV for help if you need it and most of all, HAVE FUN!!! :cgrin:

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
      It's one of each quest/ticket every 90 days. So that way you and your kids can all do the quest. Be sure to print multiple copies and get the Thrill Seekers one stamped at Animal Kingdom.
      all quests are still valad as far as i know...

and you only need one copy of each quest.. believe me... We had 9 tickets for one set of quests on 9/30... lol

Comment

Thanks for the help

-dave
        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Before you Go:

1) Print out the following quests from the link on the VMK homepages. The other quests you can get from VMK Central on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.
          a. Tomorrowland
          b. Thrillseeker
          c. High School Musical
          2) On a character who has not done it before play the following:
          a. Get High Score on Jungle Cruise
          b. Get High Score on Fireworks.
          c. Win 10 times on Level 3 of Pirate of Caribbean Game.
          d. Find all the Hidden Mickeys (start in VMK Central in VMK).
          e. Play Everest game and get free picture pdf? (does that still happen?)
          f. Print out any .pdfs you get from achieving these goals.
          At WDW:

1) Do In-Park Quests and Hand them in at VMK Central on Main Street

• Adventureland
          • Fantasyland
          • Frontierland
          • Tomorrowland
          • POTC 2
          • High School Musical
          • Thrillseeker
          2) Buy Stuff where you get a VMK card with purchase
          • Happiest Celebration On Earth Pin (MK: buy a pin from the Frontier Trading Post in Frontierland)
          • Golden Mickey Ears (MK: buy a hat at the Chapeau on Main Street)
          • Frontierland Wanted Poster (MK: buy a photo from Splash Mountain or Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters(said to be out of them))
          • Retro Mickey T-Shirt (MK: buy a shirt at Sir Mickey's in Fantasyland)
          • Disneyland Retro Penny Press (MK: buy candy in Adventureland beside Pecos Bills)
          3) Get “printable pdf’s” from VMK Quests and Games and Hand them in at VMK Central
          • Jungle Cruise – Play Jungle Cruise and get a Top Ten Score and you will get a Tent Room Pdf.
          • Hidden Mickey – Finish finding all the Hidden Mickeys and get a Golden Collection pdf.
          • Fireworks – Get high score and get a printable for a Nemo chair
          • Pirates of Caribbean Game – Win 10 times at level 3 and get a printable paper you can turn in at WDW for an invisibility magic spell (Not sure if this still works)
          4) Create a New Character at VMK Central
          Make sure to write down info about the characters you create!
          VMK Login:
          Password:
          Birthday:
          VMK Title:

THANK YOU Bopper of VMKMagicfor this info.
          Last edited by ineedafriend; 10-21-2006, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
            all quests are still valad as far as i know...

and you only need one copy of each quest.. believe me... We had 9 tickets for one set of quests on 9/30... lol
            A cm at the VMK counter told me that as long as the quests are still on the website then they are valid. She said they would post it on the vmk homepage when they are no longer valid. As for only needing one copy...figment, you guys got lucky on who your cm was. I had an older lady who was a stickler for having a seperate quest for each ticket. I'm glad I had printed out and had a quest for each of us. I would probably have a quest for each ticket holder just in case. Oh, and the only other tip I can give is that the pirate quest is in the gift shop at the end of the ride not at vmk central in the park. It took me a while to figure this one out. But now I have a lot of wells.
            Originally posted by larasound
            am I the burrito man?

Comment

Just a quick update, as I am at the parks now.

Saturday I went and "cashed in" some of the print at home quests. The CM gave them a quick once over, gave me the cards, and then asked if I wanted the quest paperwork back. To me, that means I really only needed one copy - I mean if he is going to give it back to me I can just use it again - right?

Sunday I took the Thrill Seeker quests over to AK to get them stamped. I had the CM at the line stamp them. Later in the day I actualy took a good look at them and realized I had only filled one in! He stamped two blank quest sheets.

However, when I brought them to VMK Central the CM that was there (who was very nice and comes from the town right next to mine) went over them in detail - both the thrill seeker and the in-park ones. He checked each of the three copies I had (and did not offer to give them back)

Later I bought some pins at the Frontier Trading Post and did not get a HCOE pin card. Instead they gave me a retro penny press card. They said since HCOE is over, this is what they are now giving out. I have to go and get some candy later to see if they are giving out penny presses as well.

The Chapeau is not giving out golden ears cards. The two CM there told me that their cards were taken away by staff because they expired on Sep 30 and that they would be issued new ones soon. I asked if I could have old ones anyway. The two of them looked in the register area and in the back for about 10 -15 minutes (it was after MNSSHP and nobody was buying hats )and they could not locate any. I question the accuracy of this story because they were giving out penny press cards dated Sept 30 - and the codes are valid (Yep, I tried them) so I wonder .....

Anyway, thats all I have for now. I still need to check to see if teh POC II quest is still there. I also have about another 80 codes to enter by this wireless broadband is not to quck so I will have to wait till I get home.

-dave

Comment

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                A cm at the VMK counter told me that as long as the quests are still on the website then they are valid. She said they would post it on the vmk homepage when they are no longer valid. As for only needing one copy...figment, you guys got lucky on who your cm was. I had an older lady who was a stickler for having a seperate quest for each ticket. I'm glad I had printed out and had a quest for each of us. I would probably have a quest for each ticket holder just in case. Oh, and the only other tip I can give is that the pirate quest is in the gift shop at the end of the ride not at vmk central in the park. It took me a while to figure this one out. But now I have a lot of wells.
                lol, interesting... I go when 2 of the people i trust are working...
                but you should only need one quest card each per family...

this is because it saves them time, and your going to work together anyway... if the lady was a stickler, you should then say something like "I didn't have enough paper to print up enough quests for everyone" besides, even they only print up so many on each day...

the golden ears are over.. since the happiest celebration is over... sadly QA staff get blue ears... and ironically the year a a million VMK codes theme color is blue.... so no blue hats, unless we can pursuade VMK... lol

Comment

At WDW it really depends on which CMs are working and which ones aren't for many locations. :lol:

However, at Disneyland CMs always gave the quests back to me both in April and May on my recent visits so I guess it just depends?

Comment

if the lady was a stickler, you should then say something like "I didn't have enough paper to print up enough quests for everyone" besides, even they only print up so many on each day...
                    I actually had only one of the print at home sheets for the gold prize pack for winning fireworks for the first time and she still wouldn't give us 3 prizes when I told her my printer acted up and I couldn't print the ones for myself and my daughter. She said she had to have the paper. She kept everything!
                    am I the burrito man?

Comment

When i went to WDW, I only had to have one copy of ecah quest for 4 members in my group, however i need seperate PDF for the claim your prize like the tent room......she kept the PDF's but gave me back the quests. Also I got jipped, wasnt paying attention..when i tryed to turn in the originnal sheet for the insider tour she said that it was expired(which i knew) and she was going to give me the gold collection....well i turned in 2 other sheets for gold collections, so i should have had a total of 3 sets.....well after going trhough my cards...i only had 2.....also 2 of my cards from the quests were blank, meaning they had no codes......so my tip is DO NOT LEAVE VMK central untill you make sure you have all the cards your entitled and they all have codes on them. Because once you walk out......its over.

My Giant wish list: http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40430
                      **Like my signature and Avatar....FlAmMaBle did it for me...PM him if you want one too.**

Comment

Oh, and the only other tip I can give is that the pirate quest is in the gift shop at the end of the ride not at vmk central in the park. It took me a while to figure this one out. But now I have a lot of wells.
                        Yea - I found some actually at VMK Central in WDW ( where the other quests are: Fantasyland, etc. ) AND at the gift shop at the end of the pirates ride, near the cash registers - me with my very attentive VMK spying eye, saw some, and got some and left.

Comment

the golden ears are over.. since the happiest celebration is over... sadly

True,

But all the vacation planning stuff I get in the mail has the HCOE logo on the envelope, and the scroller in the queue at Soarin' says Welcome to the Happiest Celebration on Earth.

-dave

Comment

Here is a tip that everyone else may know, but I just found out.

As far as VMK is concerned, your room key and your park pass are two seperate "things" each with a 90 day "clock"

This means I was able to get 6 pirate wells. 3 on our three room keys, and 3 on our annual passes. - cool

I only found this out by accident, as I could not find my one room key, and I said to the CM, what about about the annual passes. He said "use them as well" (I just happend to have extra POC II quest cards on me). He took another three (I ended up locating the room key) without even scratching them off.

Maybe everyone else knows this, but its news to me. I did not have the time to re-do all the other stuff (this was our last day, and I found this out 30 minutes before we had to leave the park) I could have had 6 of everything instead of 3.

Now, here is something else that crossed my mind. I allmost ended up staying in two seperate resorts on this one trip (through poor planning on my part) So if I had gone into VMK on say Monday with a PO_Riverside key and got cards, and then gone back Friday with a Coronado Springs key card, could I get them again ? Not that anyone would switch resorts JUST to get more VMK stuff (maybe) but if you are going to do it anyway, why not try.

-dave

Comment

This thread was posted quite awhile ago but I need some info. I'm making a quick trip to WDW and will not have time to pick up the quests and do them at the park. Solution? I'll do them ahead of time...as you have previously suggested.

Problem...I have gone to the VMK site to download these little ditties and am only getting a red "X" where the answers should be. Is there anyplace else that I can download these?

Thanks for the help.
                              Kuzco: I can't believe this is happening.
                              Yzma: Then I bet you weren't expecting *this*.
                              [Yzma pulls up her dress. Kuzco and Pacha scream]
                              Yzma: [Yzma revealing a knife attatched to her leg] Ah-ha.
                              [Kuzco and Pacha sigh with relief] :bow:

Comment

I actually had only one of the print at home sheets for the gold prize pack for winning fireworks for the first time and she still wouldn't give us 3 prizes when I told her my printer acted up and I couldn't print the ones for myself and my daughter. She said she had to have the paper. She kept everything!

There is one woman that works there that I refuse to turn in quests if she is there. Is she kind of short, older looking with light brown hair and has a permanent scowl on her face? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                                  There is one woman that works there that I refuse to turn in quests if she is there. Is she kind of short, older looking with light brown hair and has a permanent scowl on her face? :lol:
                                  No, she was older with white hair and quite tall. That was back in Oct. Now, we were just there in Dec and I got a young man with a European accent who was also a stickler for everyone having their own quest card for everything. And he said that this was the way he was trained and he would only do it that way. Why do I get the troublemakers?)
                                  am I the burrito man?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X