X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow days!

yay! i live in western NY.
    The October Surprise Storm:
    thursday morning it rained, on thursday night it snowed for the first time (this season) anyways... that night the power went out. IT NEVER SNOWS THIS EARLY. and if it does, then it doesnt even stick to the ground. So.. On Friday the 13th (2nd day of snow) there was no school. Lots of Damage occured and our yard was like a war zone. the snow already was melting. My power went back on Sat. but i wasnt home. So even tho we cleaned our yard up and we have power, school is closed all week!! :-) (friday 13th - sunday 22nd) UNfortunally, that takes away days from summer and easter Vacation. (last year we didnt have ANY snowdays and this year we have a whole weak!)

Also, the power seems to be going on and off so I may not be able to go back online. but who knows? anyone else expereincing this?? i think its awesome.

VMK QUESTION: What happend this weekend??? im confused. the newsletter said a surprise happend on FRIDAY but i missed it. can someone fill me in? thanks! and YAY FOR SNOW DAYZ

Re: Snow days!

vmk: The surprise is today, you haven't missed it

Snow: Ugg, saw some pictures on the news of the snow down your way, I was like "What!!! It's Oct" (and then that little selfish voice.....keep it down there) :lol:

take that jediMihawk

Comment

yay! i have not missed anything! thanks for the info.

Comment

I just want to say how lucky you are that you get snow!
        I wish it snowed down here...I would give up anything so it snowed!
        *Pokes*

Comment

Snow days...I haven't seen a snow day for at least 20 years. We could have a foot of snow and my kids would still go to school.
          sigpic
          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I am 14 and the last time I felt snow was 7 years ago...
            *Pokes*

Comment

Snow is not THAT great. its cold, you have to shovel it, it makes trees fall down, storms/blizzards, power outages, clogs the gutters, Icy...

also, it STOPED snowing. it is just raining. but there is still huge lumps of snow everywhere

Comment

I love snow. It's the wind that I hate - I definitely live in the wrong place for wind.
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I felt snow last year but it wasn't even NORMAL.It was the lightest you could imagine.Once it hit your hand,it went bye-bye.Nothing left..not even water.I THINK it's only snowed twice in Houston ever..One in '96 and last year(year before that?)

As for my weather...

Rain rain,
                  Go away,
                  Come back another day...

TOO much rain

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyMagic View Post
                    Snow is not THAT great. its cold, you have to shovel it, it makes trees fall down, storms/blizzards, power outages, clogs the gutters, Icy...

also, it STOPED snowing. it is just raining. but there is still huge lumps of snow everywhere
                    All that work will pay off...can you send some snow through technology?

I want it to snow so bad...last winter, we were so close to having our first snow! But nope...
                    *Pokes*

Comment

I was 27 when i first remembered seeing large amounts of snow. I was in Chicago Jan 2-9, 2005. There was a foot of snow on the ground and 9 degrees outside. It was absolutely beautiful. I wish it snowed down here in hurricane central state!!
                      :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                      Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Ohh you shoulda saw my place, mother nature musta had a heart attack, but surrvived. I woke up one morning and there was enough snow to make snowmen- THE GOOD SNOW! But this happens every yeard, a lil bitta snow late october/early november then it comes middle o' december and then it doesnt go away to freakin' april! Mother Nature loves to play tricks on us Canadians!

I was in Barrie,Ontario last week and there was no snow, but it was so chilly I coulda got frost bite! YIKES!
                        the oc freak. <3*

Comment

Well I live in Illinios and it did snow in october. My parents were confused because usually in Illinios it doesn't snow that early. It usually starts at aroung november.

Thanks Flammable

MAth Wiz-Kelsey
                          Volleyball Champ-Kelsey
                          Nice Friend-Kelsey
                          Micechat User-Kelsey
                          Laughs A Lot-Kelsey
                          Chicago White Sox Fan-Kelsey
                          Scorpio (my zodiac)-Kelsey
                          Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I LOVE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!

Comment

You're lucky, where I live it never snows! I have to rely on "my dog ate my homework" since there is no chance for a snow day.

Comment

move to Buffalo!!!!!!!

but there is no snow left!!! the ONLY reason we had a week of snow days was bc the trees had leaves still and snow piled up on it and it ggot to heavy for the trees so they all feel down and the power went out in almost all of Western NY!!!!!!! it was insane. but they say everybodys power will be back on by tomorrow! A lot of my family had to stay with me at my house until the power went back on. Im sad bc this is my LAST snow day. bc we NEVER get snowdays anyways.... i cant wait for the snow comes back and then i cant wait for summer i hope another storm comes by. i live in a place called "The Pines" and now we Call it "The plains" bc ALL of our beautiful trees are gone. i miss them

Comment

This Just In: No School On Monday!!!!!!!

Comment

I've never seen snow... I've seen this instant snow stuff but it isn't the same. Anyway, have fun on your vacation thingy.
                                  We're the new face of faliure,
                                  prettier and younger,
                                  but not any better off.
                                  -Fall Out Boy

Comment

Today is my last day on this Snow Day Vacation thingy. lets count up the days, shall we? okay inculdeing weekends.. i had 11 days off of school in a row. thats a lot for me. it was fun and it has come to an end....

Now if only i could remember what my homework was two thursdays ago....
                                    Last edited by KrazyMagic; 10-23-2006, 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X