This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room description

Does anyone else have the problem where anything they type in the room description it says is wrong for no reason? I can never have a room description because of this and it is really annoying.

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

Re: Room description

I have the same problem! I have huge spaces in my description and really short silly descriptions because of it! What is the deal with it?
    sigpic
    My VMK name is MissEmilyLouise and I love pink!!

Comment

While good intended, I believe there are some kinks in the dictionary program they have for VMK. That would cause this problem to happen and it can be quite frustrating. Not only for room descriptions but also for signatures or quest clues.

As VMK is always a work in progress, I would hope in the future they might have a fix for this.

You also might want to shoot them an email because while a lot of people have talked about it, maybe if enough people bring it to their attention, they may address the issue.

Sorry Yavn.

Comment

I have had this same problem in sending messages. I try and sumbit it but no words are blinking. i have less than 3 words of the same thing. Its am major annoying bug.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
          I have had this same problem in sending messages. I try and sumbit it but no words are blinking. i have less than 3 words of the same thing. Its am major annoying bug.

Most of the time when this happens to me it is periods.

I am used to putting periods at the ends of statements.

Three periods will block you, and the blinking period is hard to see.

-dave
          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

sometimes in a room description if i hit enter or something it blinks red but i can still make it.

Comment

Yes!!! I figured this out last night actually. Proper grammer is using two spaces after a period to begin a sentence. VMK wishes to not obey basic grammer conventions. You MUST use one space after a period, or else it won't work. I figured this out last night while trying to get my game description to work.

By the way, later tonight, stop by the Treasure Stealer game .

Sometimes though, as others have said, you will have used a word more than thrice, and/or you will have three exclamation points, have more than one period after another, or have misspelled a word or used a word not in the dictionary.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X