X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thrax
    replied
    Re: PS3/Wii: What is(n't) in the box

is there a place were we can go to request what gamwes we want to see on the virtual consol, i really want to play the friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street games, as well as robocop vs. terminator

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied

Originally posted by Soulquarian View Post
    From what I hear, the Virtual Console games will never be free. The price may be adjusted as the year moves on though.

Personally, I can't really see why I should pay $5 for a digital copy of a game when I can go to my local EBGames and get a cartridge for around 50 cents. I thought the whole purpose of digital media was to be cheaper since you don't have to pay for materials?

From what I've heard, the GC controller will only be used for GC games. The Wii plays GC discs, so you can't download Gamecube games anyway.

Some titles will be developed exclusively for the Classic Controller like Super Smash Bros., but it doesn't make sense fiscally to develop two control patterns for multiple controllers.

Same here. But if anyone gets one.. um, can I come over and play?

youknow I don't know were people got the free idea from really, why would Nintendo do taht for free when game collectors CD's have been selling so well? (not just for Nintendo but other publishers too)

I will say taht I feel the N64 games are overpriced and the NES games should deffinatly be in the 50cent to one dollar range (depending on how much depth they have and I'm talking about GOOD CLASSIC NES games) SNES and N64 should really be about the same cost of $5 or so just because they have similar depth and scope (though some SNES games should probably be around 3 dollars cause they're shallow of course the same could be said for shallow N64 games)

anywho it depends on the game and I do think that the idea of having them all on one system isn't a bad one so I'll probably end up getting a few VC games eventually (probably at some point next year when there's a lag in game releases and I have a couple spare bucks)

I've heard mixed info from Nintendo interviews on if you can or cant' use the GC controler for retro console games but it sure sounds like you can, I also don't think that Smash would have trouble running on either the GC or retro controler (the two schemes wouldn't be THAT hard to organize really heck most dev did it for multiconsole games that were ported between the PS2 and GC)

and yeah I think everyone's got different priorities, I'm thinking of saving up to either buy a 360 or a PS3 next year, really wanna play Dead Rising and the next Devil May Cry o_o

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

^ Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I can wait until July. I have most of the old NES/SNES/Genesis game on my computer. Wonder why they are doing that, and if you pay to get them now will you get reimbursed when they are free?? NOPE!!!
    From what I hear, the Virtual Console games will never be free. The price may be adjusted as the year moves on though.

Personally, I can't really see why I should pay $5 for a digital copy of a game when I can go to my local EBGames and get a cartridge for around 50 cents. I thought the whole purpose of digital media was to be cheaper since you don't have to pay for materials?

Question about the "Classic Controller" thing for the Wii. Theoretically if you have a GC and use that controller wouldn't they work??? Or do they want you to buy their classic controller?
    From what I've heard, the GC controller will only be used for GC games. The Wii plays GC discs, so you can't download Gamecube games anyway.

Some titles will be developed exclusively for the Classic Controller like Super Smash Bros., but it doesn't make sense fiscally to develop two control patterns for multiple controllers.

Personally, I don't think were getting either until sometime next year. We thought about the Wii but for now we have other things that are high on our list.
    Same here. But if anyone gets one.. um, can I come over and play?

Leave a comment:

• Magus
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I can wait until July. I have most of the old NES/SNES/Genesis game on my computer. Wonder why they are doing that, and if you pay to get them now will you get reimbursed when they are free?? NOPE!!!

Question about the "Classic Controller" thing for the Wii. Theoretically if you have a GC and use that controller wouldn't they work??? Or do they want you to buy their classic controller?

Personally, I don't think were getting either until sometime next year. We thought about the Wii but for now we have other things that are high on our list.
    I doubt they well let the GB work in place of their Retro controller sorry Nintendo's rules lol.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

Wow, apparently the Virtual Console games will not be free until next July like what was previously announced. All web browsing and Virtual Console downloads will be fee based.

Players buy Virtual Console games with Wii Points, which are similar to Xbox Live Points. Wii owners can purchase Wii Points online through the Wii Channels interface or, alternative, they can purchase Wii Points Cards at various videogame retailers. For $19.99, players receive 2,000 Wii Points. NES games start at 500 points or $5; SNES start at 800 points or $8; and N64 start at 1,000 points or $10. Pricing structures for Genesis, TurboGrafx-16 and MSX games have not yet been made available, but they are likely to be similar
    Later today, an announcement should be made about web browsing pricing.
    Last edited by Soulquarian; 11-07-2006, 01:57 PM. Reason: Better Explanation

Leave a comment:

• thrax
    replied

i have a feeling that it's gona be a little dificult to get a wii on launch

Leave a comment:

• Magus
    replied

DROOL ME WANT PS3. Why do people torture me with list of features 22 days before launch?! WHY!!!!!!!
    Even though I was pre ordered 6th in line there is still a chane that we won't get it! Our whole plan was to buy one than sell it on Ebay for just enough to get us at least 2.

Leave a comment:

• SpookyBear
    replied

Originally posted by Zorro825 View Post
    Nintendo has been known to build products that dont break down. My original NES still works fine and I've had it for like 20 years now. I still like to plug it in and play those classics like "Kung Fu" and "Contra" ;-)
    Sony has been ok from what I've heard and Microsoft must have a crappy QA dept because the Xbox has been plagued with problems.
    I don't know about the original Xbox, but my boyfriend's brother has a Xbox 360 that he bought on launch day that after 10 months has already died, and his friend has a 360 that died after 11 months. It seems it's definitely better to wait with 360's. It seems the only company that doesn't seemed to be plagued with many problems at launch is Nintendo.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro825
    replied

Nintendo has been known to build products that dont break down. My original NES still works fine and I've had it for like 20 years now. I still like to plug it in and play those classics like "Kung Fu" and "Contra" ;-)
    Sony has been ok from what I've heard and Microsoft must have a crappy QA dept because the Xbox has been plagued with problems.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

Originally posted by pizzamousechips View Post

Yup. It's a trend that first batches aren't flawless. But even then, the numbers for "bad" systems are exaggerated. I have many friends with 360's, PSP's, and PS2's that they've had since launch and work just fine (including me!). It's just that you're more likely to read stories about the people who aren't as lucky, than the people who are.

I'll take my chances with every new launch, since I'm the kinda guy who needs everything right away. So far, my gambles have had no consequences.
    I've only had a problem with a PSP. My first one was fine, but I dropped it and broke (man was I pissed). The second one has a dead pixel. It's not noticeable unless the screen is all black, so I don't even bother with the pixel fixers out there.

Leave a comment:

• pizzamousechips
    replied

Jerk :judge:

:lol:

I knew this was going to happen. One Sony exec said they're having "production issues". Does that mean early adopters are going to have crappy PS3's? That's why I rarely buy consoles at launch. I took a risk on the PSP and got lucky. Almost every console has issues with first generation releases. Except Nintendo, I think. I don't recall them having recalls or big malfunctions.

Yup. It's a trend that first batches aren't flawless. But even then, the numbers for "bad" systems are exaggerated. I have many friends with 360's, PSP's, and PS2's that they've had since launch and work just fine (including me!). It's just that you're more likely to read stories about the people who aren't as lucky, than the people who are.

I'll take my chances with every new launch, since I'm the kinda guy who needs everything right away. So far, my gambles have had no consequences.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

Oh, no it's great Soul. I was just messin. )
    Jerk :judge:

:lol:

Yup it's gonna be pretty bad. Latest numbers show that it's down to 400k. In comparison, Nintendo will be shipping over 1 million Wiis.
    I knew this was going to happen. One Sony exec said they're having "production issues". Does that mean early adopters are going to have crappy PS3's? That's why I rarely buy consoles at launch. I took a risk on the PSP and got lucky. Almost every console has issues with first generation releases. Except Nintendo, I think. I don't recall them having recalls or big malfunctions.

Leave a comment:

• pizzamousechips
    replied

I edited the Bullets. I spent most of my morning doing that post, I thought for sure I added bullets lol.

I colored some text for the PS3 because the 60GB model has more features.

I hope it didn't come out biased, at least until my personal opinions lol. Feel free to add something that I've missed.
    Oh, no it's great Soul. I was just messin. )

Originally posted by SpookyBear View Post
    That's what I've been hearing also. I read somewhere they are only shipping out 500,000 all together.
    Yup it's gonna be pretty bad. Latest numbers show that it's down to 400k. In comparison, Nintendo will be shipping over 1 million Wiis.

Leave a comment:

• SpookyBear
    replied

Just to let you know, the PS3's will be an incredibly hard find (aside from ebay) at any time before Christmas. Analysts expect most people who want one won't be able to get one until Spring 07. This is due to incredibly high shortages, not incredibly high demand. Those that will get it have to go through the hassle of camping out for hours, and possibly days, before launch.

The Wii should be no problem.
    That's what I've been hearing also. I read somewhere they are only shipping out 500,000 all together.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

Sorry to double post, but I have to say, I love Soul's Pro/Con lists. The pros are in abundance for the PS3 and there are more cons for the Wii. Also, the PS3 is nicely presented with bullets and even highlighted/colored text for clarification. The Wii section has no bullets, and no style! Soul, just give it up, you work for Sony.

Hehehe. Good summary.
    I edited the Bullets. I spent most of my morning doing that post, I thought for sure I added bullets lol.

I colored some text for the PS3 because the 60GB model has more features.

I hope it didn't come out biased, at least until my personal opinions lol. Feel free to add something that I've missed.

Leave a comment:

• pizzamousechips
    replied

Sorry to double post, but I have to say, I love Soul's Pro/Con lists. The pros are in abundance for the PS3 and there are more cons for the Wii. Also, the PS3 is nicely presented with bullets and even highlighted/colored text for clarification. The Wii section has no bullets, and no style! Soul, just give it up, you work for Sony.

Hehehe. Good summary.

Leave a comment:

• pizzamousechips
    replied

Originally posted by ToyGuy View Post
    Thanks for the info Soulquarian. My daughter is very interested in getting one of these for Christmas. I'll take this info home tonight and review with her.
    Just to let you know, the PS3's will be an incredibly hard find (aside from ebay) at any time before Christmas. Analysts expect most people who want one won't be able to get one until Spring 07. This is due to incredibly high shortages, not incredibly high demand. Those that will get it have to go through the hassle of camping out for hours, and possibly days, before launch.

The Wii should be no problem.

Leave a comment:

• Soulquarian
    replied

Updated

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X