This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving/Black Friday

Any nice plans for either of these. I am just going to be at home on Thanksgiving with my family and i might of course I'm going shopping on Black Friday
    :love:

Re: Thanksgiving/Black Friday

I'm going to a family friend's house, even though i'm a bit upset because my family usually hosts Thanksgiving
    not sure what i'm doing on BF though

Comment

whats black friday?

Comment

Originally posted by danceguest View Post
        whats black friday?
        ROFL - that's what I was gonna ask. )

Comment

It's the major shopping day of the year.
          -Jack :geek:
          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and it is the busiest shopping day of the year!!! Crazy long lines, fighting over items (yeah really mature adults huh?)
            :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
            Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyKeithRules View Post
              Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and it is the busiest shopping day of the year!!! Crazy long lines, fighting over items (yeah really mature adults huh?)
              In canada thats boxing day
              because everything is like 75% off
              even TNA lol its a really good company, only in canada, muahaha!
              only in calgary! Toronto and vancover, if you go to these places, GO TO ARTIZIA!

Comment

Hmm.. I'm going to stay home with all my family, and stuff myself with stuffing :lol:

Comment

Dinner with family, as for BF, depends on if there's anything I will end up wanting...

Laura

Comment

Lol,
                    I love the videos them all falling onto each other.
                    :love:

Comment

i won't step near out of my house on black friday
                      Angels Fan, born and raised.
                      Come on you Galaxy.

Comment

Wasn't Black Friday when all of those shoppers were trampled, injured, etc.; or does that just happen on Black Friday all the time?

Comment

I was a retail manager for 12 years so I don't go anywhere near a mall or shopping center on Black Friday anymore. But the one thing a lot of people don't know about Black Friday is that it is the busiest shopping day of the year but not in terms of sales, just in how many people are out and about looking for Christmas ideas. Everywhere I ever worked, the busiest shopping day of the year was the last Saturday before Christmas. Our sales numbers were always the highest then. I think the whole Black Friday shopping experience is overrated. Some people do it, I think, just looking for a fight anymore to work out their frustration of being stuck with their family the day before.)
                          Originally posted by larasound
                          am I the burrito man?

Comment

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                            I was a retail manager for 12 years so I don't go anywhere near a mall or shopping center on Black Friday anymore. But the one thing a lot of people don't know about Black Friday is that it is the busiest shopping day of the year but not in terms of sales, just in how many people are out and about looking for Christmas ideas. Everywhere I ever worked, the busiest shopping day of the year was the last Saturday before Christmas. Our sales numbers were always the highest then. I think the whole Black Friday shopping experience is overrated. Some people do it, I think, just looking for a fight anymore to work out their frustration of being stuck with their family the day before.)
                            :lol: Which is exactly what I will be doing! :cwink: WORKING. But you know what, people don't really fight at my work location. It's too magical ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
                              Wasn't Black Friday when all of those shoppers were trampled, injured, etc.; or does that just happen on Black Friday all the time?

Huh?

Black thursday was October 24, 1929 - stock market crash and start of the great depression

Black Monday was Monday October 19, 1987 - again, a huge market crash (this should tell you something about the market and October)

The Friday after Thanksgiving is called black Friday because it's commonly thought of as the day most reatailers start showing to make a profit. The rest of the years sales leading up to this point are all to pay expenses. On a balance sheet or ledger red in is used for debits and black for credits. Thus the saying "keep it in the black" when running a business.

-dave
                              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X