This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Of Warcraft

Well I'm finally giving in and joining the World Of Warcraft. But, I have NO idea what I'm getting into and wondering if anybody on here plays the game as well, that way maybe I could join your realm or something so I'm not totally alone and lost.

Reading through some of the FAQ's I am really interested in the Normal realms or even the Role-Playing Normal realms. Hopefully there are some of you here playing this game so I can get some help.

Thanks in advance ... oh and I'm really liking the Undead right now.

Re: World Of Warcraft

if your going to go into wow here are your tips...

RP is pretty pointless no one really RP's much...heh, chose a normal server pvp can be a hassle people from the opposing faction will kill you all day long...heh, as far as horde vs alliance goes i have a 60 on both...i like ally for the themeing they have much better scenery to look at while the horde have some pretty run down cities...heeh, the horde do have a lil bit more of a fan base tho, cause its fun to be the bad guys ahah...as far as a class... an easy class to start would be a warlock or a mage...there are FAQ and guides to those classes everywhere...very easy to solo...the easiest class is hunter which is fun and very powerful... good luck!! any questions ask...im not on any US servers so i cant help ya there but im looking to maybe get the us version of the game...heh friend from london bought me the Euro version and i cant transfer characters hehe...
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Originally posted by Wally
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

WoW is definantly not the place to go if you want PnP style RP. But if you're just looking for quests and hack n slash, have at it.

I personally ahve found that Neverwinter Nights (NWN2 was just released) has a much better environment for RP, and its free to play online whereas WoW has a monthly subscription. There aren't many NWN2 RP servers up yet becuase its going to take at least 3-6 months to get anything decent built (my own server is planning 6-9 months before they even go beta!), but there are still plenty of NWN1 rp servers out there with lots of plots and roleplay to be had.

The server i've been playing for the last 3 years is www.3kds.com and their NWN2 server will be www.lot3k.com

Good luck with whatever you decide to choose! Its all about having fun.
      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
      Originally posted by pratt55
      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I'm on a PVP server (Stormscale). If you don't mind getting whacked at times by other players, I'd say join a PvP server as it adds a little bit of something to the game.
        Growing older is manditory
        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
          I'm on a PVP server (Stormscale). If you don't mind getting whacked at times by other players, I'd say join a PvP server as it adds a little bit of something to the game.
          i like pvp but i dont think pvp is a good idea for someone just starting out they need to be able to quest and grind... then later start a char on a pvp...imho
          "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
          "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
          "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
          I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
          If you won the lottery what would you do?
          Originally posted by Wally
          Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for letting me get a better handle as to where to start. Plus I am going to check out NWN as well and see what's up with that.

Comment

Costs too much for a boring game. I rather just play fable or Star Wars NOTOR there much cheaper and WAY more fun.
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I haven't played it, but I did very much enjoy the recent South Park episode about the game.
                "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
                - Satchel Paige

Comment

^ HA!!! that was a priceless episode of SP
                  Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                  elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                  Originally posted by pratt55
                  Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I play this game myself and i have to tell you one thing. You will get totally addicted!

Comment

It's a fun game with a deep storyline (if you're into that kind of stuff) and all kinds of things to waste your time with.
                      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

WoW is a fun game. About the RP Vs. Normal realms the RP realms tend to be a bit more mature once you level out of the newbie areas. Don't worry about FAQs and such. One of the reasons that WoW did so well is because it's very easy to learn for people who haven't had experience with MMORPGS.

I actually don't play WoW anymore, but that's really because I had enough of the leveling. I was in the beta and got two characters to 60, and then leveled two more characters to 60 in the release. My problem is that I like to be competitive in PvP and I simply don't have the time to raid boss monsters for equipment. Place two equally skilled people in a battle and the one with the better gear will obliterate the lesser geared fellow.

4 - 8 hours of uninterrupted playtime with a guild of 40+ organized people is more than I can dedicate now to a game. Not that I never raided. I played Everquest 8 hours a day 7 days a week and did raids with 100+ people some days. It was a much harsher raiding system than anything in WoW. It's just that I work nights, full time, and have a soon to be wife. The playtime just isn't there anymore. /sigh

Comment

Funny thing about South Park, I saw that episode as well and then the commercial for WoW - so I figured what the heck (plus 10 free days really sounded good).

Well, I played last night and enjoyed it very much. It is not to difficult to start once you know who you can get quests from and how to attack. I've played Final Fantasy (and other RPG's) so I had a rough idea of what it would be like. Plus, I found that folks were really helpful.

There was a moment where I don't know what I did to set the camera angle off ... I typed up "How do I get my camera angle to change?" ... and someone answere right away.

I truly had fun doing the quests and getting around in the environment. I decided upon joining the Horde as one of the Undead and picked to follow the path of a Warlock. Now ... if these 10 days are as fun I'll probably get a subscription.

Comment

Undead are so much fun to gank (killing another player character), especially with my gnome thief, Indyananomes. :evil:
                            Growing older is manditory
                            Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I joined WoW a few months ago and now have a Level 60 Paladin named Greywaren on the Eldre'Thalas server. We have a great guild called Twilight Children....lots of fun people and always willing to help out lower guildies.

It's a really fun game. I was on City of Heroes, but I got bored with it. WoW has held my interest a lot more than CoH. The environments are more varied, and are absolutely beautiful. Yeah, sometimes you have to grind out some levels, but for the most part it's fun.

And sometimes it's downright hilarious!

Oh, and I also have a Warrior named Ironstriker and a Mage named Ahgenthi on Eldre'Thalas.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X