This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears of War Review

As we know. Gears Of War is a game for the Xbox 360. It had toppled Halo 2 on Xbox Live and has new surprises. My thoughts? A great game and good graphics and music. It also has a lot of places to take cover. Even the A.I. is smarter on easy mode.

Story: On a distant planet named Sera, a race called the Locust Horde rises from underground and on the first day, kills many lives. This day is known as Emergence Day (In real life, Emergence Day was the date that Gears of War was released.). You take on the role of a soldier called Marcus Fenix who was released from prison by his friend Dom and rejoins the Army.

Weapons: 10/10 The Lancer with the chainsaw is impressive.
    Graphics: 9/10 a little too bright but it's worth it
    Sound: 10/10 Love the explosions and "scare" moments
    A.I: 10/10 Even on easy you will have a hard time
    Music: 10/10 Fits into the game well

Bottom Line: Get the game! You will spend countless hours tying to beat this game. So gear up and get ready to kill some Locusts!

For those who have it. Say what you think here.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Re: Gears of War Review

I love it. I've been playing online multiplayer constantly for weeks. If you're up for some Live multiplayer, let me know! My gamertag is pizzamousechips, just like my screenname.

Oh, and one thing I'm confused about... you gave the graphics a 9/10? I thought that was the only portion that deserves a perfect score. It's all opinion, though, so it's not like either of us is wrong!

As for my thoughts on the game, it's a great new take on shooters. It's definitely a bar raiser, and will easily change the way games are played from now on. The cover feature will be duplicated many times in the next few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 3 has some sort of cover (although a first-person cover, to keep it unique). All in all, a great gaming experience.

Comment

It's a grate game. czn someone explain the score - 9/10? since it's all opinion - how does tha t work? www.servermechanic.com

Comment

The reason I gave the the graphics a 9/10 is because I'm using an LCD TV that is HDTV ready. I don't know what it really looks like on an actual HDTV unless it's the same.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

Oh...my...god. Gears of war is the best game to come out on a console! I mean, seriously, it looks better than most PC games! It is amazing what the Xbox 360 is capable of. I really didnt think it was that bright. Especially the level where you have to go through the human outpost thing and if you step in the dark you get eaten by those flying things. Its and awesome game. CHAINSAW!!!!

Comment

Best game on the 360 hands down. When I first saw gameplay footage in high def, I wanted to sell a kidney to get a 360!

If more titles like this are released, Microsoft may just be the underdog this time around!

Comment

I don't know if you saw this yet but for those who haven't :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Ig2JJRpdo I didn't make this. I just found this last month.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X