Holidays – Again!
Well we've got about a week left in the holiday season and I'm almost out of things to talk to about – so let's start this week by recapping what's going on around our Kingdom… The Holiday Quest are running now until January 1st at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. You also have just a few more days to finish the Santa Clause Quest and win that Cookie Tree. This week in the game you can score that Santa Chair and other Holiday Chairs, so get in there and grab a seat, so to speak.
Take a seat on Santa's Sleigh.
As you look ahead to the New Year, you're probably saying 'OK, Yavn what's next?' Well, we've got lots of exciting surprises in store for you in the New Year, new lands, new features and more cool new stuff. Over the next few weeks I'll be talking about some of these new things we'll be rolling out in early January. Stay tuned, as long as you're reading the Newsletter you'll know exactly how these new things work and when they'll be going into the game.
This week I'm very pleased to announce, drumroll please… VMK Pass! What's VMK Pass? Glad you asked, simply put, VMK Pass allows you to be in 2 places at one time. Basically, while you are in line to enter a Guest room, you can be off somewhere else in the game instead of waiting in line! So the next time you're debating about entering a Guest or Host room, get a VMK Pass!
Behold! The VMKPass!
Here's how it works: You're in line to enter a Guest room, click on the Guest room you wish to enter and one of three things will happen:
– If the room is not full - you'll enter the room immediately.
– If the room is full, but you are within 5 people from entering the room – you will be placed in queue and enter the Guest room when it's your turn.(This is the way the game currently works.)
– If the room has more than 5 people ahead of you waiting to get in - you will be asked if you want to get a VMK Pass to enter the room. Once you get your VMK Pass you can now go to any other Guest or public spaces in VMK. (PLEASE NOTE: You cannot play any mini games such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion or the Tomorrowland Arcade while you have a VMK Pass.) Finally when you are within 5 players from entering the Guest room you have a VMK Pass for, a window will appear on screen notifying you and give you the option to join the line. You have 20 seconds to decide to join the line, once you decide you want to get back in line, click the option and you'll be placed in the queue – otherwise you will be removed from the line.
Here's a few other things that will help you maximize your VMK Pass experience:
1. The line queue system is changing slightly and the Mickey Heads are being replaced with actually numbers. You need to remember that when you click on the Guest Room menu the number shows how many people are in the room at that exact moment. The menu does not update until you click on it again or open another tab.
2. Lines (or queues) no longer have limits on how many people are ahead of you in line, so be aware that you may be behind many people.
3. You can only have 1 VMK Pass at any given time. If you would get into another line, the current VMK Pass you're holding will be replaced for the new Guest room you're wanting to enter.
4. Entering any mini-games (Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Fireworks, Tomorrowland Arcade) will void and cancel your VMK Pass.
5. Having a VMK Pass won't make the line move any faster. What it does do is allow you make better use of your time while waiting.
New Years Celebration!
Finally, don't forget to join us for New Year's Eve and help us celebrate 2007, VMK style! The game will be open an additional 3 hours so we can ring in the New Year with our friends at Disneyland! We'll also have a new hat to commemorate the celebration, it will be on sale starting the evening of the 31st and be on sale all New Years day!
Now back to testing some of these cool new goodies, including an item I'll talk about next week, something called 'VMK Tickets.' Hmmm. The plot thickens!
See you in the game,
Edit: If this looks really big, it's because I increased the size on this. It looked really small, even though everyone elses looked big. If this looks big for you, please tell me. Thanks <3