Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

    Out of all the scenery selections that came with the RollerCoaster Tycoon Games/Expansion packs, what type of "Theming" do you dislike the most and why?

    I don't like the New York Themed category because it is so complicated to work with and that's why I never use it. I tried working with it twice, but it was just to frustrating.

  • #2
    Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

    In RCT3 I think they did a pretty good job on the themes. With all the custom downloads available now there are some really neat things you can do to plus each area. In RCT the themes were also good. In RCT2 I did like the addition of buildings and houses and used them to build the London Entrance to that versions Magical World of Harry Potter. Stretch of imagination to use NY for London but it worked for me. I have built a Harry Potter Park in all three versions and each version has gotten bigger and better as I moved from one version to the next. Learned a lot while doing this and RCT3 is the version I like best.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

      I'm not big into the game's original scenery (I don't use expansion packs). I really like custom scenery.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

        The themeing would be okay if the pieces weren't so finicky about how you assemble them!

        Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

          (RCT3) I don't at all or very rarely use any scenery that was originally in the game. I always use custom scenery from other people or I make my own.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

            Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
            I'm not big into the game's original scenery (I don't use expansion packs). I really like custom scenery.
            The thing about not using expansion packs though (if you are talking about RCT3, that is) is that you don't get the much better tunneling options*, not to mention waterfalls, which are pretty cool. I'm not sure I could live with no tunneling.

            *unless, there is a way I'm not aware of to get this feature without the expansion pack.

            Personally, there are some things that I really like about the look of RCT3, but some things that I definitely don't. A lot of it just looks a little too "cartoony" for my tastes, especially when combined with other things, like water reflections, that are very realistic looking.
            "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
            - Satchel Paige

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

              Originally posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
              The thing about not using expansion packs though (if you are talking about RCT3, that is) is that you don't get the much better tunneling options*, not to mention waterfalls, which are pretty cool. I'm not sure I could live with no tunneling.

              *unless, there is a way I'm not aware of to get this feature without the expansion pack.

              Personally, there are some things that I really like about the look of RCT3, but some things that I definitely don't. A lot of it just looks a little too "cartoony" for my tastes, especially when combined with other things, like water reflections, that are very realistic looking.
              I play RCT2. I purchased RCT3 for my new laptop, an iBook, but it's a rather lousy port. I only have one mouse button!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

                Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                I play RCT2. I purchased RCT3 for my new laptop, an iBook, but it's a rather lousy port. I only have one mouse button!
                Ahhhhh. Never mind then.
                "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
                - Satchel Paige

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: (RCT Question) Which "Themed" Category do you dislke the most?

                  Originally posted by motorboatcruiser:
                  The thing about not using expansion packs though (if you are talking about RCT3, that is) is that you don't get the much better tunneling options*, not to mention waterfalls, which are pretty cool. I'm not sure I could live with no tunneling.

                  *unless, there is a way I'm not aware of to get this feature without the expansion pack.
                  At the top of the main RCT page there are a couple of stickies posted. One of them as a set of special patches you can download and patch your standard RCT3 game to get some of the features of Soaked and Wild, like tunneling and Waterfalls. I added the patches and the work just fine. You will also find Fish, Sharks, Manta Rays and seagulls and fancy Ducks added to your Animals Folder. These will show up automatically if you have large, deep water areas in which at least one side of the water touches the edge of the boundary or edge of your park. There are other things as well that you can fun discovering.

                  I also downloaded tons custom scenery and buildings and rides from the Atari Forum Board. That is even more fun.
                  Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

                  Thank You Poisonedapples

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X