This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01/03/07 Yavn Speaks Special Edition

01/03/07 SPECIAL EDITION– Announcing the Monorail Music Mixer and a new Land!

Yavn Speaks: Special Edition!
    Has everyone recovered from the holidays? Did your team win the big bowl game? I know, we usually update you on Monday, but I thought I'd take a second and give you a mini-update to help get you back in the swing of school/work/life/VMK. To get the ball rolling we have an all new New Year's Quest! Don't worry - you don't need to catch any ghosts, sink any ships, or put on a fireworks show - the new Quest is a question-filled quiz all about VMK's last 12 months.

20 correct answers and you're the proud owner of this brand new 2007 Pin!

What? Not enough for you? Then how about the first ever screen of the new Monorail Music Mixer? Main Street is no longer the only place to create the ultimate music jam, now you can hop the Monorail and create a cool mix with all new sounds. The Monorail will still take you around the Kingdom, but why not dance while you ride? The Music Mixer works the same way as the one on Main Street but the sounds are completely different, also note that you can't mix your mixes together (say that 10 times fast), since the mixers are totally separate.
    </EM>

Bust a move with the Monorail Music Mixer!

This Land is your Land
    You've probably heard about the new Land coming to VMK by now and like you, I'm excited about the new addition. But before the Welcome Wagon gets here, let me set up this ribbon cutting - the new Land, while very cool and a welcome addition, will be our smallest Land yet.

Now hold on a sec (I hear a collective sigh over the internet), let me explain - before I do, remember in VMK, everything is not always what is seems (for instance, just because the map looks small does not mean the Land is small). In fact, our new Ticketing System was in part designed for a specific location that won't even be on the new land map. ;-) We create locations exclusively for the purpose of enhancing the existing game - as I've said before, we don't want to add rooms just for the sake of adding rooms. So once you've gotten in there and played around, it will make more sense. (Even the new Land's NPC does something totally new - just say the magic "code" word and you might see some magic...)

Who is this guy - and why is he in my column?

Finally, as we head into 2007, we feel we've made some pretty significant enhancements to the game - VMK Pass, Tickets, Fireworks Remix, Monorail Music Mixer and the new Land - we hope you agree and like all the cool updates we're doing. But hey! That's just the in-game stuff! I can't wait to show you our next Park Quest as well as roll out the revised Park Reward Plan! Until then, enjoy the holiday decorations, they won't be around much longer... And a quick question for you before I go - anybody up for an Epcot Guest Room?

source vmk.com
    Last edited by figment1986; 01-03-2007, 05:11 PM. Reason: added photos

Re: 01/03/07 Yavn Speaks Special Edition

Epcot!!! Woot! Thanks FlAmMaBle. This is a great start to the New Year.
    the oc freak. <3*

Comment

Thanks for the update, dude

Woo, awesome start to the new year. Very nice change to the monorail as well Can't wait to see the new guest room. :whistling

Comment

I guess the epcot room accompanies the room entrance that you pay to get in since that is an epcot thing right. Maybe an epcot type land also hmm, a whole epcot thing going on here.

They really did need to do something with those monorails, no one ever is on those. There was already a mixer on it anyway that didn't work.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Lol, I thought I could use it once, but it didn't work.

But yes, that would be awesome if we had a whole Epcot-land thing. Ohh and the Golf ball thing with Mickey's hat!
            the oc freak. <3*

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
              Wow!
              A thought-provoking and emotionally swaying post.

And yea a whole epcot thing would be nice but I doubt it. Think that wagon reference meant anything?

Comment

Small land, huh? Anyone thinking a Bug's Land?
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

That pic of the gator looks an awful lot like the gator band around the Port Orleans Riverside Pool area, and the chair behind it fits the POFQ theme also....
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

An epcot-themed land would be nice, but it wasn't in the poll and it isn't a part of the actual Magic Kingdom or Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                      That pic of the gator looks an awful lot like the gator band around the Port Orleans Riverside Pool area....
                      I can't even make out what the shapes form it is very hard to see. I know what your talking about though hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
                        An epcot-themed land would be nice, but it wasn't in the poll and it isn't a part of the actual Magic Kingdom or Disneyland.
                        Yes but it is just a game and it is part of WDW. Anyway I think the small reference could mean about a 'small' land or that maybe there are only a few things you click but in those sections are big places that could lead to more things not on the initial clicking screen.

Comment

Thank you for posting this.
                          Iasked Host_ Hula if EPCOT was being being considered to becoming a new land or even a new Kingdom. She responded by saying that she was not sure at the moment.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                          Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

You are wasting your time with those kinds of questions, they will not answer.

Comment

Originally posted by FlAmMaBle View Post
                              You are wasting your time with those kinds of questions, they will not answer.
                              Yes, I know that. I wanted to see how she would answer. Usually they say something along the lines of " we are not going to give future game information". This time it was different, she said that she was not sure so that may be an indication of something.
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                              Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X