Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

    Why is it that on RCT3 the peeps continuously walk around the same area for hours?? they walk down a path, turn around and walk back the other way... then turn around again and repeat the process... so that leads me to the question.. why are they so dumb?


  • #2
    Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

    poor logic and pathfinder routines in the AI..

    Oops, forgot a silly answer. They are actually accurately simulating the behavior of typical Disneyland guests.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

      Nah, if they did that, they would crowd the bathroom exits and inexplicably stop in the only open part of a pathway

      Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

        Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
        Nah, if they did that, they would crowd the bathroom exits and inexplicably stop in the only open part of a pathway
        haha, yes.. that would replicate most amusment parks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

          Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
          why are they so dumb?
          Frontier once did an interesting chat-session on the Peep AI of RCT3, and it's fairly interesting:

          Basically, the group AI of RCT3 calls for the 'worst peep' in the group. So if all the group is happy but one peep, the group attempts to meet the needs of that one group (restrooms, food, drink, etc). Since they are always attempting to find the needs of that one guest, it's important to have food, drink, restrooms everywhere. Plus, you have to remember that a strong peep AI would take up several CPU cycles for each decision. Times this by hundreds (or thousands), and you could max out your CPU on peep AI alone.

          Also, since Peeps' needs degrade over time, it's always a good idea to make all the peeps exit the park. Just use the Group Attraction Control panel to close all the attractions, food stalls, pools, and animal viewing areas. Then, close the park. All the existing peeps will leave. Then, re-open everything, including the park gates. Since the amount of peeps is less than the 'target peep amount' (more on this later), you will get a surge of peeps to the front gate, until the number levels out to a little under what you had before.

          The 'target peep amount' of peeps is calculated on several factors:
          1. How much 'stuff' you have in your park.
          2. How much that 'stuff' costs, and it's ride stats.
          3. How high your Park Rating is.
          4. Subtracts for untidy areas, broken rides, and dangerous rides.
          5. How fast 'peeps' are added to the 'target peep amount', this is customizable in a custom scenario.
          6. A temporary jump is added when you do advertisting promotions. Since this is only temporary, it's not a good long term solution to keeping peeps in the park.

          There's a base value of peeps added to the 'target peep amount' value for each attraction (pool, food stall, etc.) you add to the park, and scenery/paths increases this amount as well (but much smaller). A good indication if you're doing well, is a stedy flow of peeps into the park. If at all you have a time when there's only peeps leaving, and no new one's coming in, then you have a problem. Your 'target peep amount' has dropped below the current amount, and there's no new peeps coming in. This is why you can have all your guests leave, and then re-open the park, and have a whole stream of peeps enter the park.

          It's much more complicated, because the 'target peep amount' also accounts for certain family rides, and the types of guests spawned (family, couple, large group).
          -Monorail Man

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

            If you think the RCT3 peep AI is dumb - Consider RCT2...

            There are no group interactions and the peeps can mope around for hours tired, wanting to go home, and can't find the exit - when it is only a couple of tiles away! There are line of sight issues where peeps get stuck on paths that do not directly piont to where they want to go. They will get stuck unable to backtrack and go around the corner to get on a main path. Even better - there is the peep AI bug where if you have paths that are many tiles wide - some peeps will just go around in circles unable to break out of the cycle.

            Individual peeps in RCT3 have none of these issues.

            The RCT3 peep group behavior leaves a lot to be desired - but the stupidity of the RCT2 peeps is legendary.





            sigpic

            I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

              Why are Peeps so dumb?

              Because they have marshmallows for brains.



              Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                Originally posted by disneytim View Post
                Because they have marshmallows for brains.



                but who's dumber, chicks or bunnies?

                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                  I honestly had a peep that walked on water once :lol:.

                  Yeah, they're dumb .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                    Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                    I honestly had a peep that walked on water once :lol:.

                    Yeah, they're dumb .
                    yes, that has happened to me before also.... sometimes they will just wonder off a pathway and end up in the middle of a field! and from time to time, say when I am riding a ride, I will see a peep walking in mid air... I thought for sure I had david blane walking around my park.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                      Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                      Frontier once did an interesting chat-session on the Peep AI of RCT3, and it's fairly interesting:

                      Basically, the group AI of RCT3 calls for the 'worst peep' in the group. So if all the group is happy but one peep, the group attempts to meet the needs of that one group (restrooms, food, drink, etc). Since they are always attempting to find the needs of that one guest, it's important to have food, drink, restrooms everywhere. Plus, you have to remember that a strong peep AI would take up several CPU cycles for each decision. Times this by hundreds (or thousands), and you could max out your CPU on peep AI alone.

                      Also, since Peeps' needs degrade over time, it's always a good idea to make all the peeps exit the park. Just use the Group Attraction Control panel to close all the attractions, food stalls, pools, and animal viewing areas. Then, close the park. All the existing peeps will leave. Then, re-open everything, including the park gates. Since the amount of peeps is less than the 'target peep amount' (more on this later), you will get a surge of peeps to the front gate, until the number levels out to a little under what you had before.

                      The 'target peep amount' of peeps is calculated on several factors:
                      1. How much 'stuff' you have in your park.
                      2. How much that 'stuff' costs, and it's ride stats.
                      3. How high your Park Rating is.
                      4. Subtracts for untidy areas, broken rides, and dangerous rides.
                      5. How fast 'peeps' are added to the 'target peep amount', this is customizable in a custom scenario.
                      6. A temporary jump is added when you do advertisting promotions. Since this is only temporary, it's not a good long term solution to keeping peeps in the park.

                      There's a base value of peeps added to the 'target peep amount' value for each attraction (pool, food stall, etc.) you add to the park, and scenery/paths increases this amount as well (but much smaller). A good indication if you're doing well, is a stedy flow of peeps into the park. If at all you have a time when there's only peeps leaving, and no new one's coming in, then you have a problem. Your 'target peep amount' has dropped below the current amount, and there's no new peeps coming in. This is why you can have all your guests leave, and then re-open the park, and have a whole stream of peeps enter the park.

                      It's much more complicated, because the 'target peep amount' also accounts for certain family rides, and the types of guests spawned (family, couple, large group).
                      wow.... that seems to require a lot of work on my theme parks.... lol... thanks for all of the info on the subject!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                        I get a peep just standing for hours looking up at something. It is usually next to a hight ride but sometimes they just stand and look. If they are holding a balloon, they will raise and lower the balloon.

                        I have had some peeps in my new Park walking on the lake or walking in the air. When I click on them it saying they are queueing for the Steam Train which is way across the Park and is at a very high level. I pick them up and drop them at the train station and the stand and scratch their heads and it shows they are confused, or thinking, or waiting for group. They were alone in midair in the middle of the Park. I hope they find their group! Sometimes they are very funny to watch.
                        Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

                        Thank You Poisonedapples

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                          Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                          yes, that has happened to me before also.... sometimes they will just wonder off a pathway and end up in the middle of a field! and from time to time, say when I am riding a ride, I will see a peep walking in mid air... I thought for sure I had david blane walking around my park.
                          I have had that happen! Here's my David Blaine...






                          sigpic

                          I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                            not totally related, but is roller coaster 2 or 3 better? I saw both in the store and I thought I heard bad things abotu one of the versions, but could not recall which one....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why are Peeps so dumb? (RCT3)

                              Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                              I have had that happen! Here's my David Blaine...

                              haha, great pic!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X